Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Please please happen

danlhart87

I saw they're gonna interview Byron Leftwich for the opening. That would be an interesting hire. He's a pretty good offensive coordinator but he is coaching Brady and all those weapons. So who knows if he's actually *that* good. Would be kinda cool to see him coaching the Jags after playing for them. 

On 1/5/2022 at 5:37 PM, Nesjan3 said:

Isn't that when everything went straight downhill for them? They were division winners 2015, 16, 18, 19. Bill Obrien was the head coach/GM for all those years.

Bill O'Brien was not the GM all those years. Wasn't Rick Smith the GM? I believe he left the organization when his wife was diagnosed with cancer. 

@Qwiz Is that right? 

8 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Bill O'Brien was not the GM all those years. Wasn't Rick Smith the GM? I believe he left the organization when his wife was diagnosed with cancer. 

@Qwiz Is that right? 

Yea your right. Billy OB took over GM duties when he left somewhere on the timeline. All im saying is he was head coach winning Division Titles, became GM at some point and things really fell off a cliff for the organization when this Easterby guy started pulling the strings. So I wouldnt be so quick to call Billy OB such a terrible head coach.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:47 PM, danlhart87 said:

I think O’Brien is a competent coach.  After all, both Belichick and Saban are obviously high on him.

But he shouldn’t have much to do with personnel decisions.

Archived