Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if Eason turns out to be pretty good

JMichael557

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

You miss the point and that is the current candidates are in no way favored to be able to get the job done. In other words the pick is the lesser of the  bums.  The Colts are stuck in the mud and they know it. If Rivers 39 yrs. old, was not coaching they would be begging him to return.  Maybe their thinking is the tallest guy is the most qualified for the job. Very sad. Where's Osweiler when you need him?

There is so much that I disagree with in this post, it astounds me. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, gspdx said:

And if Wentz is planned to be back by week 2 what do you think?  Or do you think that has no bearing on the decision by Ballard?  It sounds like you are saying regardless of the Wentz situation if Eason isn't seen as being ready to start week 1 that we spend some draft picks and/or money to go find a new backup for the year.  I would not pretend to know enough of what Ballard's plan is to make that kind of statement.  And neither do you.  You can say you think that is what will happen and you might be right.  But you don't know anymore than the rest of us about what Ballard's plan is.

I never said I was predicting what Ballard would do.  I said I wouldn't be a fan of bringing in some guy depending on how the situation with Wentz plays out.  That is my opinion.

I would also say history has shown it can be difficult to bring some guy in who hasn't been on this team and expect him to step into the starting QB job and be successful.  

And I must say your original response to me was very condescending sounding.  You have lots of good info and insight, but I probably wouldn't listen to you because of your "superior" approach.  I just wonder if you talk to people like that in person.

You understand that if we do this the player we’d bring in would be viewed as better than what we have — right?

It would be viewed that Eason flunked his audition and we’d want a better backup — right?

Just want to make sure we’re all on the same page….. 

Gspdx….

I’m sorry, happy to apologize.  I assure you I was not trying to be condescending.   Honestly, I thought I was being polite. 

I just double checked your profile.   I don’t know you, so I thought I’d take a look.  And I’m surprised to see you’ve been a member for 10 years.   I also noticed that in all that time you’ve only made about 1200 posts.  So 120 a year on average, or 10 a month.  And that explains why I don’t know you at all. 

Just so you understand,  I don’t assume I know what any other posters knows until I’ve read a good number of their posts, so I literally have no idea of your football knowledge?   I find that you have a unique way of writing which I find a bit confusing.  I don’t often understand what you’re trying to say?   That’s why I asked the questions that I did.  That’s why I ended with saying I’m trying to make sure we’re all on the same page.  By the way, I use that last line — about being on the same page — quite often.    It’s hard to have a discussion about any given topic if the people aren’t on the same page,  if they don’t agree on the basics.   That’s why I asked the questions that I did.   Again, sorry if I offended.  Honestly, not my intention. 

Sorry this response is so long.  Wanted to address all your concerns. 

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gspdx….

I’m sorry, happy to apologize.  I assure you I was not trying to be condescending.   Honestly, I thought I was being polite. 

I just double checked your profile.   I don’t know you, so I thought I’d take a look.  And I’m surprised to see you’ve been a member for 10 years.   I also noticed that in all that time you’ve only made about 1200 posts.  So 120 a year on average, or 10 a month.  And that explains why I don’t know you at all. 

Just so you understand,  I don’t assume I know what any other posters knows until I’ve read a good number of their posts, so I literally have no idea of your football knowledge?   I find that you have a unique way of writing which I find a bit confusing.  I don’t often understand what you’re trying to say?   That’s why I asked the questions that I did.  That’s why I ended with saying I’m trying to make sure we’re all on the same page.  By the way, I use that last line — about being on the same page — quite often.    It’s hard to have a discussion about any given topic if the people aren’t on the same page,  if they don’t agree on the basics.   That’s why I asked the questions that I did.   Again, sorry if I offended.  Honestly, not my intention. 

Sorry this response is so long.  Wanted to address all your concerns. 

Thanks for all of that!

I think sometimes I write briefly - sometimes not.  And I probably am not conveying the complete message that I think I am.  And I don't post all of the time.  I do spend more time here reading rather than writing.  This is my main source of football news and info!

I do just try to give my opinion only.  I don't know enough and have never been in this kind of industry - sports - to give anything other than my opinion.  Anyway - I do read a lot of your posts and find them very informative.

I am sorry for misinterpreting your intent.  If we were face to face it probably wouldn't happen.  

1 minute ago, gspdx said:

Thanks for all of that!

I think sometimes I write briefly - sometimes not.  And I probably am not conveying the complete message that I think I am.  And I don't post all of the time.  I do spend more time here reading rather than writing.  This is my main source of football news and info!

I do just try to give my opinion only.  I don't know enough and have never been in this kind of industry - sports - to give anything other than my opinion.  Anyway - I do read a lot of your posts and find them very informative.

I am sorry for misinterpreting your intent.  If we were face to face it probably wouldn't happen.  

Thank you x1000!      :thmup:

This was the response I was hoping for!  Very much appreciated.   In the future I’ll try harder to be more self-aware of what I say and how I say it. 

Michael

NCF

Archived