Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Ballard goes into Wentz trade and more (MERGE)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/11/2021 at 11:40 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I want a SB victory as well, that is what we all want but 30 other teams didn't win it all either. I get where you are coming from. It is really hard to win a SB, as great as Peyton Manning was here we only won 1. The greatest of all-time according to ESPN - Pat Mahomes looked horrible in the SB and KC got blown out. Yes I do think Rivers was worth 25 Mill, he led us to 11 wins and he is not the reason why we lost to Buffalo. Rivers threw for nearly 4200 Yards in a run first offense and completed 68% of his passes - he earned his money. Watson was paid more than him and the Texans went 4-12 but I consider Watson a franchise QB easily.

Alright, you said it…you want a Super Bowl Win…a victory here!

Now, you forgot to mention what other team went 11-5…and won the Super Bowl!

With all the hype about Rivers #s,

why did he not stay for another year?

Go Colts!

2 minutes ago, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

Alright, you said it…you want a Super Bowl Win…a victory here!

Now, you forgot to mention what other team went 11-5…and won the Super Bowl!

With all the hype about Rivers #s,

why did he not stay for another year?

Go Colts!

I always want to win the SB as that is the goal but I have accepted most of the time it won't happen. With me I enjoy the season regardless as long as we don't stink and make the playoffs. That other team was better than us and had Tom Brady. 

On 7/11/2021 at 8:37 PM, GoColts8818 said:

I’ve said for years if a Super Bowl victory is the only thing that will make someone happy with a season they are going to have a very miserable experience being a football fan.

You are right about having a miserable experience if we don’t win the Super Bowl. But how many miserable experiences during games we should have won?

What is even more miserable is when fans on the forum say,”I hope we just have a good showing” before we played Green Bay. Or, I hope we don’t have to play so-n-so in the playoffs.

How do you analyze that?

4 minutes ago, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

You are right about having a miserable experience if we don’t win the Super Bowl. But how many miserable experiences during games we should have won?

What is even more miserable is when fans on the forum say,”I hope we just have a good showing” before we played Green Bay. Or, I hope we don’t have to play so-n-so in the playoffs.

How do you analyze that?

It is not as bad as it used to be with me, losing still bothers me but when we had Peyton and lost it messed my whole week up sometimes. I was younger than though and with Peyton we won 75% of the time so a loss was rare. There are really only 2 times I expected to win the SB and we didn't, that was in 2005 and 2009. Those were tough ways to end the season. 

1 minute ago, Colts Fan in Arizona said:

How do you analyze that?

Sure you can be disappointed after a loss or even frustrated.  That doesn’t mean months later you look back on the whole season as a failure and call for disbanding the team because they didn’t win the Super Bowl.  For example I was disappointed after the Jags game last year or even the Bills playoff game yet I enjoyed last season overall. So yeah you can you be disappointed that they lost a game and still feel like you enjoyed the season over all.  I think that’s how most people feel.  My point was just if the only way you’ll view a season as a success is if they win the Super Bowl almost every year you are going to be disappointed and it’s extremely unrealistic.  

10 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Sure you can be disappointed after a loss or even frustrated.  That doesn’t mean months later you look back on the whole season as a failure and call for disbanding the team because they didn’t win the Super Bowl.  For example I was disappointed after the Jags game last year or even the Bills playoff game yet I enjoyed last season overall. So yeah you can you be disappointed that they lost a game and still feel like you enjoyed the season over all.  I think that’s how most people feel.  My point was just if the only way you’ll view a season as a success is if they win the Super Bowl almost every year you are going to be disappointed and it’s extremely unrealistic.  

Ok, you and I are just going around in circles.

Like always, let’s win the Lombardi Trophy this season!

Go Colts

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is not as bad as it used to be with me, losing still bothers me but when we had Peyton and lost it messed my whole week up sometimes. I was younger than though and with Peyton we won 75% of the time so a loss was rare. There are really only 2 times I expected to win the SB and we didn't, that was in 2005 and 2009. Those were tough ways to end the season. 

As an older fan I've learned to extract more joy from the journey.  The destination in all sports is usually going to be a not-good result, since only one team is left standing at the end.  So to get the most from my dedication to a team I try to maximize all that stuff that leads up to the disappointing end.

Archived