Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Your Favorite and Least Favorite Ballard Draft Picks (At time of draft)

Defjamz26

Favorites: Probably Nyheim Hines (change back that I'd been asking for) or Parris Campbell (YAC receiver I'd been asking for). Maybe Hooker, too, I thought he was special, and he might have been if not for injury.

I haven't really disliked any picks, I tend to not grade picks harshly. But I've been most skeptical of Blackmon and Dayo, due to injury. Especially Dayo.

Favorite - Hooker, Q, Leonard, Pittman, Campbell. Agree with @Supermanthat Hooker had the chance to be special but his career got derailed by injuries. I still feel like if he gets in the right situation and scheme he can be very good and revive his career. Loved Q(my best player in that draft), loved Leonard(compared to others)... I had him as an early second and he was picked early second, but compared to other people not liking the pick I was pretty high on Leonard. Loved both Pittman and Campbell picks, lets see if they make me look foolish. Loved Hines... loved the Tell pick especially when I learned we were going to try to switch him to CB. 

Least favorite - didn't love Braden Smith's pick(had him ranked as a 3d rounder, we picked him early second). Didn't love Tyquan Lewis pick... massive reach. Didn't love Khari Willis pick. Thought both Rock and Banogu were reaches, but not huge ones. Zach Banner was a horrible pick I thought. 

On 5/17/2021 at 1:42 PM, Superman said:

Favorites: Probably Nyheim Hines (change back that I'd been asking for) or Parris Campbell (YAC receiver I'd been asking for). Maybe Hooker, too, I thought he was special, and he might have been if not for injury.

I haven't really disliked any picks, I tend to not grade picks harshly. But I've been most skeptical of Blackmon and Dayo, due to injury. Especially Dayo.

With Dayo my issue was injury coupled with who was available at the time. You could have gotten a healthier player in Basham who could contribute right away, and is more polished. Taking the injured raw player over the healthy refined player was a head scratcher for me.

Archived