Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Day 1 Best Picks

Best: 

Kwity Paye 

Call it luck or whatever you want but Ballard got a fantastic player at DE and just in time to with the loss of Autry and possibly Houston.

Christian Darrisaw 

This one is from a value standpoint. Vikings trading down and still getting him when he could have been a target at 14 is amazing.

Jamin Davis 

Talk about a rising star. 3 months ago this guy was being talked about as day 2 to day 3 pick. WFT got a playmaker and my pick for DROY.

1. Chicago - Justin Fields

2. Vikings - Christian Darrisaw - especially combined with the trade back that got the Vikings additional picks. Good job, @NFLfan

3. Chargers - Slater.. loved that they stayed out and waited for the draft to come to them and still got one of the premier OTs

13 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I made a thread discussing Fields and Jones. I do worry about Fields in Chicago. Thats where QBs go to die.

That concerns me too.

Best picks outside the obvious first couple:

Pitts

Fields

Smith...Eagles wanted him and moved up and now have a dynamic receiver.  Good for Siriani BUT.....decided to go with Jalen Hurts and passed on Fields. So that will be interesting to see how that plays out for them.

Horn

Harris for Steelers

Parsons....cowboys now have a fine group of LB'ers

Fields could end up being a great pick but not sure Pace/Nagy are the guys that will enable him to reach his potential.

I loved these offensive line picks:

Lions - Penei Sewell. Easiest pick in round 1, IMO. Great start for the Lions rebuild.

Chargers - Rashawn Slater and Jets - Alijah Vera-Tucker - Protecting your young franchise QBs is not a flashy move but certainly wise investment.

Archived