Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Draft (2.0)

Round 1. Luck, QB, Do I really need an explanation? Luck is a once in a life time pick and we are lucky to get him, I don’t think RGIII and his Spread offence are going to work-out to well on the pro style NFL Field

Round 2.Stephen Hill W, (or OG Cordy Gleen), I could see Stephen Hill in a pro bowl or two now that he is in a legitimate offence

Round 3. Chase Minnifield CB/ PR /KR, I think Chase Minnifield Is a homerun pick for us in the 3rd round, But getting a NT is also high on our long list of needs, if he is gone, I also like Ta’amu if he is left

Round 4. Aj Jenkins WR, (or WR Brian Quick) along with Hill, he could make a terrific high powered pass attack that could last us a decade

Round 5. (Comp) Derek Wolfe, DT/LB/DE, Solid player, could be here for us to take, adds depth to whole defense with his versatility.

Round 5. Vontaze Burfict, Troubled, High risk player whom could turn out to be a pro bowl pick, I just hope the NFL will mature him into a functioning member of society

Round 6. (Comp) Akiem Nicks, NT, we need to upgrade this position, I feel nicks is an underrated NT

Round 7. Ladarius Green/James Hanna, TE, Doubt green will be here but if so, we need a TE to grow with Luck and Green or Hanna could possibly turn into a steal

Round 7. (Jets Trade) Ryan Miller, OG, I have seen him in a couple of recent mocks and did a little research, I think he could be a great 7th round player

Round 7. (comp) Chris Rainey RB, Good depth at RB with Brown coming of a bad season, and who knows may be a Diamond in the ruff type player for us

UFA:

1.Donta Paige-Moss LB, like Burfict, potential cancer in the locker room but I think the new coach could whip him into shape,

2.Miles Burris LB, Blue Chip, AJ Hawk type Kid.

My Draft... I would love this, Maybe go for mainly D next year?

QB Luck, WR Wayne, Hill, Jenkins, TE Green/Hanna, LT Castonzo, LG Reitz, C Satele, RG Ijalana,RT Justice

De Redding, DT Nicks/Wolfe, DE Moala/ Nevis, OLB Freeney, ILB Angerer, ILB Conner, OLB Mathis, CB Powers, CB Minnifield, FS Bethea, SS Sbikowski

Like it.we should get Owusu and Whalen as UDFAs too.

Still would like to see Ijalana move to tackle,and im not sure our organization would pick up Vontaze.I know he had a horrible combine but id * him up,esp to ( Build The Monster ) GREAT DRAFT

I really like the Stephen Hill pick. If he is available, I just don't see how we can pass on him. Hill would really benefit from having Reggie Wayne on the team. It seems like the knock on Hill is his route running and Wayne is tremendous in that area.

Personally, I would avoid Burfict and not even look at Paige-Moss. Burfict is selfish and doesn't play within the defensive scheme. Paige-Moss is a ticking time bomb. With the team rebuilding, they just aren't worth the risk to me.

Brian Quick would be an interesting pick in the 4th round. I could see us taking two receivers in this draft to pair with Collie and Wayne. Quick has good size and speed to go with great hands. Again, I really feel that Wayne could have a tremendous impact on the development of these young receivers. Plus, could you imagine lining up two receivers that are 6'4" and both have great speed? Could be scary.

The only true thing I'd replace in that mock draft is AJ Jenkins with Ladarius Green. He would be a great option at TE for luck and be something different from Eldridge. He's got a frame very similar to Fleener and can ad some bulk on his frame (He's only 240lbs at the moment).