Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Last Minute Mock Offseason

Starting with close to $46mil in cap space, the first priority is setting $18-21mil aside to extend Leonard, Smith, Nelson, and Hines.  That leaves us with only $25mil to play with.

Restructures:

I believe we have been waiting until we could make our trade final in order to restructure Carson Wentz's deal.  Over the Cap says we can regain $18mil in space from that move alone.  That brings us to $43mil in space.

Resign:

Mo Allie-Cox RFA: $2.2mil this year - Developing nicely and worth keeping around

Zach Pascal RFA: $2.2mil this year - Good depth and borderline starter

George Odum RFA: $2.2mil this year - Special teams demon

TJ Carrie UFA: $1.4mil this year - Earned at least one more year

Xavier Rhodes UFA: $7mil this year - Worth bringing back.  I think the low cap for this year allows us to bring him back for less than expected.

Al-Quadin Muhammed UFA: $2mil this year - Quality snaps for cheap

Leave us with $24mil in cap space

Sign:

Tyus Bowser OLB: $5mil this year - Steps into the strong side linebacker role allowing Okereke to move to middle (which should be his natural position).  His versatility is exactly what Flus wanted with Ben Banogu.  He can cover when necessary, is great at setting the edge, and can move to DE and rush the passer on passing downs.

Mitchell Schwartz OT: $12mil this year - Tackle with flexibility.  Starts at left tackle for now.

Chad Kelly QB: $two hot dogs - I think having three QBs on the roster is going to be standard from here on out

That leaves $7mil heading into the draft and allows Ballard to have his cushion for the season.

Draft:

1.  Gregory Rousseau DE Miami - We want to trade back here, but Rousseau is too tempting to pass up

2.  Walker Little OT Stanford - Seems to be a board favorite.  Develops for a year or two and

4.  Josh Palmer WR Tennessee - Fits the mold for what Ballard wants in a WR and could do well with better QB play

5.  Quintin Morris TE Bowling Green - Receiving TE to match with the good blocking already on the roster

6.  Jay Lenard S San Jose State - Safety and special teams depth

7.  Charles Williams RB UNLV - RB depth

Roster:

QB: Carson Wentz, Jacob Eason, Chad Kelly

RB: Jonathan Taylor, Nyheim Hines, Jordan Wilkins, Charles Williams

WR1: Michael Pittman Jr, Josh Palmer

TE: Jack Doyle, Mo Allie-Cox, Quintin Morris, Noah Togiai

LT: Mitchell Schwartz, Walker Little

LG: Quenton Nelson

C: Ryan Kelly, Joey Hunt

RG: Mark Glowinski, Danny Pinter

RT: Braden Smith, Chaz Green

WR2: Parris Campbell, Zach Pascal, Dezmon Patmon

DE: Gregory Rousseau, Kemoko Turay

DT: Deforest Buckner, Robert Windsor

DT: Grover Stewart, Taylor Stallworth

DE: Tyquan Lewis, Al-Quadin Muhammed, Ben Banogu

SLB: Tyus Bowser, Matthew Adams

MLB: Bobby Okereke, Skai Moore

WLB: Darius Leonard, EJ Speed, Jordan Glasgow

CB1: Xavier Rhodes, TJ Carrie

CB2: Rock Ya-Sin, Marvell Tell

CBS: Kenny Moore, Isaiah Rodgers

S1: Khari Willis, Tavon Wilson, Jay Lenard

S2: Julian Blackmon, George Odum

Special Teams unaffected.

The alternate path is to bring back Justin Houston instead of Xavier Rhodes and draft Greg Newsome instead of Gregory Rousseau.

We have Jalen Morton as a camp arm QB. No need for the Chad Kelly garbage. 
Schwartz is t flexible at all hints the back issues lol. He is probably done and if not I don’t want an possible injury there. 
The draft is ok. I think the 4th has better WR options than Palmer. 

Archived