Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Surprise 1st Rounders

4 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

He was projected high last year why has he dropped. I've seen mocks with him in 3rd.

I watched him all year, he played real soft. Now the thing is, the Noles were horrible and got boat raced all year. If he blows up private meetings and NFL day he can jump. I doubt he gets back into the 1st, but DT is a VERY thin position this year..

1 minute ago, ColtJax said:

I watched him all year, he played real soft. Now the thing is, the Noles were horrible and got boat raced all year. If he blows up private meetings and NFL day he can jump. I doubt he gets back into the 1st, but DT is a VERY thin position this year..

Seeing the DL class this year makes me happy Ballard traded for Buckner last year 

Some good guys but overall not impressive 

3 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

Seeing the DL class this year makes me happy Ballard traded for Buckner last year 

Some good guys but overall not impressive 

Yup!    Good post!   Good GMs have to look a year down the pipeline.  

To his credit, in his last draft, Grigson drafted Kelly in the first, Clark in the 3rd, Haeg in the 5th, and I think Blythe in the 7th.    He did that not only because we were desperate for good OL’s., but also because the 2017 was being called an historically bad OL draft class.   And that’s what it turned out to be. 

(I just re-read my own post and realized I complimented Grigson!   I hope that’s still OK?)     :thmup:       :peek:

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

To his credit, in his last draft, Grigson drafted Kelly in the first, Clark in the 3rd, Haeg in the 5th, and I think Blythe in the 7th.    He did that not only because we were desperate for good OL’s., but also because the 2017 was being called an historically bad OL draft class.   And that’s what it turned out to be. 

(I just re-read my own post and realized I complimented Grigson!   I hope that’s still OK?)     :thmup:       :peek:

kristen wiig gtfo GIF

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, now you've done it. Prepare to be thoroughly excoriated. There is no God but Ballard and Reich is his prophet!

1 hour ago, ColtV said:

Yes, now you've done it. Prepare to be thoroughly excoriated. There is no God but Ballard and Reich is his prophet!

I feel ya!

And I'm among those who buy what they're selling.    Few are bigger supporters of both CB and FR.

But his 2016 draft was one of Grigson's better moments with the Colts.    Props to him.    Sorry more of the picks in that draft didn't work out.   But those OL went a long way to stabilizing the franchise.   

Archived