Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Investigation into WFT Ownership might force the owner to divest his ownership of the team

chad72

14 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

They didn't force Richardson out.   I'm sure it would came to that at some point though

Behind closed doors I do believe he was forced out. The public sees what the league wants. He had an investigation done by the nfl and he was found to be wrong and then the league starting speculating the sale of the team. Convenient on the timing. 

3 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Behind closed doors I do believe he was forced out. The public sees what the league wants. He had an investigation done by the nfl and he was found to be wrong and then the league starting speculating the sale of the team. Convenient on the timing. 

The investigation wasn't complete until the summer of 2018.  Richardson announced plans to sell the team in December of 2017

12 hours ago, tweezy32 said:

How can you force the him to sell the team if he owns the team. He can do what ever he wants to do?!

There is pretty much a rule in the NFL bylaws that I think a super majority vote of the owners can force another owner to sell.  

Most pro-sports league have a bylaw like this because an owner who is bad enough can hurt the whole league.  

10 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

There is pretty much a rule in the NFL bylaws that I think a super majority vote of the owners can force another owner to sell.  

Most pro-sports league have a bylaw like this because an owner who is bad enough can hurt the whole league.  

I don't know about the NFL and it's by laws but MLB did force Marge Schott out as owner of the Reds. 

57 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I don't know about the NFL and it's by laws but MLB did force Marge Schott out as owner of the Reds. 

They forced her to sell a major percentage of her ownership.    She still had a minority ownership. 

33 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Is this a parody? When I see "JunksRadio", it made me believe that this may not be true. 

Looks like it was redacted:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/03/08/d-c-radio-station-issues-correction-to-report-regarding-wft-investigation/

I think the radio station should be sued for such false reporting. You can close this now that it has been redacted.

• NFLfan locked this topic

Archived