Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jamaal Williams

Would Williams (Packers) be a feasible option for the Colts in FA if Mack is not resigned?

Jamaal have proven himself to be an all-around player both not only as a runner, pass catcher but also contributes on special teams.  Williams is not known for fumbling either and it wouldn't hurt to have an experienced RB that could step up in case Taylor goes down for an extended period of time.  Thinking Williams gets around 3 year $13.5 million contract.

55 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Would Williams (Packers) be a feasible option for the Colts in FA if Mack is not resigned?

Jamaal have proven himself to be an all-around player both not only as a runner, pass catcher but also contributes on special teams.  Williams is not known for fumbling either and it wouldn't hurt to have an experienced RB that could step up in case Taylor goes down for an extended period of time.  Thinking Williams gets around 3 year $13.5 million contract.

Wiliams is typically a guy who might be third string.    Those guys don't get 3/13.5 mill.   That's 4.5 per.   And they won't get it this year,  when the Salary Cap is going down.      He might get 3.5 Mill for 2 years.     Maybe.

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Wiliams is typically a guy who might be third string.    Those guys don't get 3/13.5 mill.   That's 4.5 per.   And they won't get it this year,  when the Salary Cap is going down.      He might get 3.5 Mill for 2 years.     Maybe.

Williams may just want to stay at Green Bay if Aaron Jones does leave.

That would slot him as a starter and not the #2 behind Taylor if he signed with the Colts. 

24 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

We have 3 solid runners in our stable already plus Benny Lemay and Jet Anderson on the PS/Futures list that were rookies last year! We do not need to sign a RB in FA.

We only have two RBs on our roster at this time. 

Mack is an unknown and it's yet to be determined if he will recover from the Achilles injury. 

While 2/3 of the players with Achilles injuries recover does it effect a RB different than other positions? 

He can't be considered solid at this time. 

Just saying. 

IMO if a RB like Williams can be signed to a team friendly deal why not? 

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Mack is an unknown and it's yet to be determined if he will recover from the Achilles injury. 

While 2/3 of the players with Achilles injuries recover does it effect a RB different than other positions? 

Just saying. 

Taylor

Hines

Wilkins

17 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just saying. 

Two?   It’s more than that.

Taylor, Hines and Wilkins is three.

And I think we have at least two on the practice squad. 

1 minute ago, w87r said:

Taylor

Hines

Wilkins

Yeah I forgot about Wilkins. Wilkins is listed as a punt returner and not listed as RB depth. 

It still wouldn't make me mad if the Colts could sign Williams to a team friendly deal. 

IMO he is under rated. Personally I think he stays at Green Bay. 

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah I forgot about Wilkins. Wilkins is listed as a punt returner and not listed as RB depth. 

It still wouldn't make me mad if the Colts could sign Williams to a team friendly deal. 

IMO he is under rated. Personally I think he stays at Green Bay. 

He has had the same amount of punt returns in his career for the Colts as I have.

6 games with more than 8 carries this season, with season high 20 carries in week 8.

Williams is under rated and will most likely stay in GB, that we agree on 

41 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Wilkins is listed as a punt returner on the depth chart. He is used very little as a RB. 

That’s because the depth chart is mostly a two-deep.

Wilkins is a running back.   If you go to the roster image, and his personal page he’s listed as a running back.   He was drafted as one and that’s what he is.  For his three year career, he averages more than 4 carries a game. 

EDIT:   I just checked the depth chart.  Wilkins is not listed as a punt returner at all.   I don’t know who you’re confusing him with.   

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

That’s because the depth chart is mostly a two-deep.

Wilkins is a running back.   If you go to the roster image, and his personal page he’s listed as a running back.   He was drafted as one and that’s what he is. 

Come on...  

If you really want to be technical Wilkins is used as a receiver more than anything. 

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you really want to be technical Wilkins is used as a receiver more than anything. 

CC...   in his three years with Indy, Wilkins has 195 carries as a RB.   4.3 per game.

He also has 35 receptions as a RB.   Less than one reception per game.   

Every claim you’ve made about Wilkins is false.   Literally, technically, by any measure.  I’m sorry.    Not trying to be difficult.   Just trying to get our facts straight. 

And I like Williams.  Liked him when he was here.   Sorry we let him go.  I’d be happy to get him back. 

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just saying. 

Taylor

Hines

Wilkins

They compliment each other well

Archived