Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Irrelevant

Alright I know all of you were thinking about the same thing and were just waiting for someone to start this thread. With that said let's start with some ideas on who will be Mr. Irrelevant.

I got Robert Blanton. Cornerback from Notre Dame

Do I get one guess? If so, I'll cut it down.

Damon Harrison out of William Penn might be a possibility as a developmental backup NT.

Darron Thomas based on Arians former team taking another Oregon QB in Dennis Dixon to develop as a backup. Patrick Witt out of Yale is another option. I personally think a #3 QB as a project #2 might be a late pick.

Ifeanyi Momah, WR out of Boston College, is a possibility. He's a massive kid at 6'6 230ish. He's got fine hands, can go up and get the ball, blocks like his career depends on it, and is actually a solid route runner for a man his size. He also hasn't produced a lick. But go ahead and look at how Boston College has done offensively. Yeah, he's a worthwhile Mr. Irrelevant and I'd love to see him be the pick. An interesting prospect worth locking up with that pick.

I wonder if we made Vontaze Burfict or Donte Paige-Moss Mr. Irrelevant would it be humbling enough for them to work hard and reach their potential... I don't see either falling that far but it would be interesting if it did happen.

Stanford's Chris Owusu. I'm hoping for a Mr Irrelevant I've actually heard of.

I did a little experiment. I took combine numbers for receivers (40 time, hand size and vertical leap) and sorted them by the top 7. Chris Owusu was the only one in the top 7 of each of those categories. Now, I don't know how good his hands are, but his athletic ability is apparently fantastic.

I did a little experiment. I took combine numbers for receivers (40 time, hand size and vertical leap) and sorted them by the top 7. Chris Owusu was the only one in the top 7 of each of those categories. Now, I don't know how good his hands are, but his athletic ability is apparently fantastic.

Hands, from what I've seen, are quite good but certainly not elite. The major, major red flag is his injury history.

Posted · Hidden by Coltssouth, April 3, 2012 - Promoting
Hidden by Coltssouth, April 3, 2012 - Promoting

We are thrilled that the last pick will be selected by the Colts! We noticed some guessing and if you would like to try and predict the final pick, Join our Guess Mr. Irrelevant Contest on Twitter @IrrelevantWeek to become a Draft Guru and we will RT your answers! Thank you for supporting the Underdog!!! And you are of course welcome to Newport Beach in June to participate in the fun!

Be nice if Ryan Miller OG CU or Chris Rainey RB Florida were there for the last pick... I think we will get the Stanford kid, but his hands are not good. I'd say that #12 made him look more like an NFL receiver than his actual potential dictates. I'd love to see "Mr. Irrelevant" actually contribute, though. If there is any team that the last pick can find a spot in, its ours. There will be so much camp/preseason competition for snaps this year. Very Exciting!!!! I am so caught up that I am actually posting about the 2012 rookie who is expected to be the worst of his draft class. :excited:

Okay first off I have no idea who it might be and won't hazard a guess. I did however follow up my previous post on this topic today in checking out previous Mr Irrelevants, reconize anyone here????

2010-Tim Toone, WR taken by Detroit

2009-Ryan Succap, K, taken by Kansas

2008-David Vobora, taken by St. Louis

2007Ramzee Robinson, CB, taken by Detroit

2006-Kevin McMahan, WR, taken by Oakland, since has been taken by Giants, Colts, Chiefs, Panthers: has never been on an active roster

2005-Andy Slokes, TE, taken by New England, now a head coach for freshman high school team

2004-Andre Sommersell, LB, taken by Oakland, was cut and played in the CFL and is now NFL Europe coach

2003-Ryan Hoay, WR, taken by Oakland, then played in CFL and UFL, was contestant on Bachelorette in 2008

2002-Ahmad Miller, DT, taken by Houston

2001-Tevita Ofanengaue, taken by Arizona

Okay first off I have no idea who it might be and won't hazard a guess. I did however follow up my previous post on this topic today in checking out previous Mr Irrelevants, reconize anyone here????

2010-Tim Toone, WR taken by Detroit

2009-Ryan Succap, K, taken by Kansas

2008-David Vobora, taken by St. Louis

2007Ramzee Robinson, CB, taken by Detroit

2006-Kevin McMahan, WR, taken by Oakland, since has been taken by Giants, Colts, Chiefs, Panthers: has never been on an active roster

2005-Andy Slokes, TE, taken by New England, now a head coach for freshman high school team

2004-Andre Sommersell, LB, taken by Oakland, was cut and played in the CFL and is now NFL Europe coach

2003-Ryan Hoay, WR, taken by Oakland, then played in CFL and UFL, was contestant on Bachelorette in 2008

2002-Ahmad Miller, DT, taken by Houston

2001-Tevita Ofanengaue, taken by Arizona

I believe we had James Finn who was a Mr. I.