Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Building upon our strength

This is my off-season wish, I don't care how it happens either through free agency or the draft, but I believe as much of a force as our offensive line and our defensive line are, I believe we should continue building upon that strength.So with that said this offseason I would like to see us draft or sign a left tackle, right guard and beast D lineman to go with DeForest Buckner, Turay and autry ... Thoughts?

I don't think its possible to have a dominant O line like they have in college.  If we put too much capital into the oline, it sacrifices other important positions.  Some of those are more important.

For oline, we need to tread water at the level we're at, not go any lower.  That means find a replacement for AC and at RG, provided Glow moves on and his replacement isn't already on the roster in Pinter or someone else.  Yes, oline needs to be addressed this offseason.

We need better edge play on defense.  Both in terms of pure pass rush and with athleticism/anticipation to better contain mobile QBs and misdirection plays.

Personally, I think we need an upgrade at either ILB or in the box S too.  One, not necessarily both.

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

I don't think its possible to have a dominant O line like they have in college.  If we put too much capital into the oline, it sacrifices other important positions.  Some of those are more important.

For oline, we need to tread water at the level we're at, not go any lower.  That means find a replacement for AC and at RG, provided Glow moves on and his replacement isn't already on the roster in Pinter or someone else.  Yes, oline needs to be addressed this offseason.

We need better edge play on defense.  Both in terms of pure pass rush and with athleticism/anticipation to better contain mobile QBs and misdirection plays.

Personally, I think we need an upgrade at either ILB or in the box S too.  One, not necessarily both.

I think we have two young studs at safety. 

I can see the argument for more lateral quickness at ILB however. Walker is a leader on the defense, but he isn't a true fit. I love him as a person, player, etc, but he isn't a true fit. The Colts have done a good job of making it work tho

7 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

I think we have two young studs at safety. 

I can see the argument for more lateral quickness at ILB however. Walker is a leader on the defense, but he isn't a true fit. I love him as a person, player, etc, but he isn't a true fit. The Colts have done a good job of making it work tho

We can get more lateral agility in the middle of the field by converting a "big" safety into an ILB....perhaps.  I don't know what it would take draft wise, but getting a more dynamic player alongside Leonard would help to stop those soft middle completions, and take a good step towards containing a running QB.

Maybe I'm thinking out of the box too much.  An athletic player at about 6.2 215 lbs is the body type I'm thinking of.  Call him a ILB or a SS, doesn't matter.

Archived