Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reasonable Eason Question

BleedBlue4Shoe86

On 11/9/2020 at 4:24 PM, BleedBlue4Shoe86 said:

So, I have a reasonable Eason take/question.  Is it time to have Eason move up to the backup and have him active on gameday?  We are halfway through the season and you know what you have in Brissett.  You have to see what you have in Eason, at least in regards to practice reps and maybe some mop up duty.  I'm not saying bench Rivers and start Eason.  I am saying have Eason active on gameday and have him be the backup, so he can start getting more snaps on practice and in game prep.  

On a side note, I can't be the only one on the forum that would have loved to see Eason come in at the end of the half and attempt that Hail Mary instead of JB. :applause::applause::applause:

So, you have a '(r)Eason able?' question. :peek:

On 11/9/2020 at 7:47 PM, CurBeatElite said:

I do not agree here.  We know Brissett is capable of keeping us in games and potentially winning some games if he's called on.  None of us have really seen Eason in practice or have any idea how ready he'd be if thrown into a real game scenario.  

Our D has shown they can keep us in games.  Our offense at times has looked very efficient and aside from a few key mistakes this team could very easily be 8-0, 7-1, or 6-2 (i.e., I think we have beaten ourselves every game we've lost - we have not been blown out or outmatched for an entire game so far this year).  Our O needs to stay healthy, Rivers needs to get in sync w/ his receiving targets and the play calling needs to improve some.  That said, a win Thursday night and we're right back in the driver's seat of the AFC South.  If we get hot, make it to the playoffs and stay healthy, I do believe this team can play with any team on any given Sunday - it'll really be a matter of avoiding self-inflicted wounds.  

Until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, we should continue to do what is best for us to win.  In the QB case, that's start a healthy Rivers and keep Brissett as the backup.  The day we get mathematically eliminated, or the day Rivers or Brissett gets hurt, is the day we should consider bringing Eason up to the active roster.  If mathematically eliminated, it'd be good to get him some live reps.

The most reasonable post in this thread...imo. 

Archived