Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rogers A 101 Yd. Kickoff Return

King Colt

4 hours ago, PuntersArePeopleToo said:

I am figuring he is lumping both KR and PR TDs together. 

And in other case, I thought he was going to go out/step out until I saw the replay. That was just a great return, and cutting in and out

I think he meant it more like “First kickoff return since 2016.  Isaiah Rogers!”  Like it was the Colts first Kickoff return since 2016 as one thought and yay Rogers as another thought.

If someone suggested this before that game I would have laughed it off and considered it insane... so trust me when I say... I know it's verging on the insane. BUT... Rodgers showed some incredible speed, exposiveness and change of direction on a whim.... so...

With Campbell's injury our gadget play potential is severely limited it seems... Am I crazy for wanting to see Reich try him on some gadget plays? Nothing extraoordinary that will require complex route running... nothing of the sort. But... some slants from the slot, some screens, some motion gadget plays, sprinkle some go routes to keep the defense honest... I want to see him try. You don't get that type of speed and change of direction from anybody else on this roster. You could see it so easily and obviously on his tape from college... he's one of the few 4.2 athletes that actually look edlike it on film and now he looked like it on an NFL field too... 

So yeah... how insane is that? Is it even in the realm of possibilities? 

21 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

How can that be if the last Colt kickoff return for a TD was 2016?

Hines had two punt return TDs last year.. not any Kickoff return  TDs since Jordan Todman in 2016 vs. Green Bay.

5 hours ago, stitches said:

If someone suggested this before that game I would have laughed it off and considered it insane... so trust me when I say... I know it's verging on the insane. BUT... Rodgers showed some incredible speed, exposiveness and change of direction on a whim.... so...

I said in my 'CurBeat's Takeaways' last week that we'd see Rodgers take one to the house this season.  I wasn't expecting it yesterday, per se... but the dude is very explosive if we can give him just a small opening.

8 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Hines had two punt return TDs last year.. not any Kickoff return  TDs since Jordan Todman in 2016 vs. Green Bay.

I said in my 'CurBeat's Takeaways' last week that we'd see Rodgers take one to the house this season.  I wasn't expecting it yesterday, per se... but the dude is very explosive if we can give him just a small opening.

Yeah Ballard said he was close to breaking one as well.  Hopefully it’s just the first of many.

6 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

That was the point of my post.

The way the thread was working, the OP @King Colt said it was the first KO return for a TD since 2016. @Edo said it was more impressive than Hines' return last year.  You said "How can that be if the last KO return was 2016?"  My response was to let you know Hines had 2 punt return TDs last year, which are way different than kickoff returns -- the last time before Rodgers on Sunday was Jordan Todman in 2016.

12 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah Ballard said he was close to breaking one as well.  Hopefully it’s just the first of many.

He is very explosive.  I feel like if he gets just the smallest crease and decent blocking he can do it again.  He pretty much always gets the ball past the 25, even if they (the opponent) have good coverage and he's taking it out of the endzone.  

3 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

The way the thread was working, the OP @King Colt said it was the first KO return for a TD since 2016. @Edo said it was more impressive than Hines' return last year.  You said "How can that be if the last KO return was 2016?"  My response was to let you know Hines had 2 punt return TDs last year, which are way different than kickoff returns -- the last time before Rodgers on Sunday was Jordan Todman in 2016.

He is very explosive.  I feel like if he gets just the smallest crease and decent blocking he can do it again.  He pretty much always gets the ball past the 25, even if they (the opponent) have good coverage and he's taking it out of the endzone.  

Maybe rodgers should do more punts to

18 hours ago, CurBeatElite said:

Yeah thanks. I was well aware of Hines 2 punt returns last year. What Edo posted was:  "Yes, even more impressive than the one from Hines last season."     The original post was about a kickoff return, not a punt return. The last Colt "kickoff" return was 2016, not last year. Thanks for "letting me know" that Hines had 2 punt returns last year which as you say are "way different" than kickoff returns, which the original post was about.

5 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yeah thanks. I was well aware of Hines 2 punt returns last year. What Edo posted was:  "Yes, even more impressive than the one from Hines last season."     The original post was about a kickoff return, not a punt return. The last Colt "kickoff" return was 2016, not last year. Thanks for "letting me know" that Hines had 2 punt returns last year which as you say are "way different" than kickoff returns, which the original post was about.

you are very welcome.

Archived