Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Positives To Not Having Peyton Anymore

PreManningColtsFan

Ok, now that the dust has settled, the range of emotions have subsided and the tears have dried from our eyes, it's time to focus on the upside of what is being called a 2-3 year rebuild of our franchise. I say this somewhat tongue in cheek, but here we go with my top 10:

1) We no longer have to debate about resting our starters in the early part of December. We can expect to see our starters giving their all each and every week.

2a) We can expect a much more spirited and competitive pre-season. Not because our philosophy of player evaluation will necessarily change, but I believe we will have much more balanced team talent wise and not have fat cats at the top sucking all our cap money leaving us with a dramatic drop in talent to fill special teams and non-skill positions.

2b) After we get rid of the $38mm in dead money this year, we will have some serious doe rae me to sign some talent at much needed areas and become a deep and talented football team.

4) With all rebuilding, we will have a new brand of Colts football that is looking more and more like it's built by solid O line combined with a fullback, that's right a fullback with the horseshoe on their helmet, and a 3-4 scheme.

5) No more Polian speak.

6) A coach that will show different emotions where our previous coach showed the same whether we just advanced to the super bowl over the Jets or got thumped by the Saints by 50 points.

7) The potential of having another QB wearing the #12 that is better than any other QB wearing the same # in the league.

8) No more Peyton happy feat

9) The joy in winning as the underdog always outweighs the satisfaction from winning as the favorite

10) A scrambling QB and a possible return of the stretch play.

I'll miss Peyton and I can only hope that when he retires, he does it next to Irsay and I can't wait to go to Canton to see him join the HOF. Go Horse!

PreManningColtsFan

I agree with all but #8. Peyton's happy feet kept him ready to throw quickly, kept him from getting planted while he "planted" his feet and except for his first couple of years was not a nervous sort. GO COLTS!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic