Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Updated Mock Draft Qith Compensatory Picks

1st. Andrew Luck QB

He will be the face of the franchise for the next 10 years

2nd Janoris Jenkins CB

It doesnt have to be Jenkins here, because CB is a big need I would take the best CB available

3rd Alameda Taamu NT

Good and big NT that will complement Paganos defense

4th AJ Jenkins WR

Good WR with good athletism that can become a number 1 target for Luck

5th Audie Cole ILB

Depth at ILB and can become a starter

5th James Hanna TE

He kinda fills the need at TE, big with safe hands

7th Griff Whalen WR

Familiar target for Luck

7th Robert Turbin RB

Bruising back that can run and help the running game

getting jenkins in the second is a big reach plus i want the cbs we have now in thomas and ruckers to develop. i personally want coby fleener but i doubt he slips to us.

reach? He is rated as the second best cornerback in the draft.

most likely three cbs will go in the first round. you really wanna pick the fourth best corner as our second pick

There is nothing wrong or weird about that. CBs are actually usually the most drafted position in every draft. So it's either we take the fourth best corner or we take the 9th or the 15th, etc... With cornerback being a massive need, why not take the best one available in the 2nd. I won't be upset if we take another position in the 2nd, but going with the projected 4th best cornerback out of the 30+ (there were 39 last year) amount of cornerbacks who will be drafted is still a pretty solid pick.

There is nothing wrong or weird about that. CBs are actually usually the most drafted position in every draft. So it's either we take the fourth best corner or we take the 9th or the 15th, etc... With cornerback being a massive need, why not take the best one available in the 2nd. I won't be upset if we take another position in the 2nd, but going with the projected 4th best cornerback out of the 30+ (there were 39 last year) amount of cornerbacks who will be drafted is still a pretty solid pick.

so if the first rated TE and fourth rated CB are available when we pick and both are a need what would you pick

so if the first rated TE and fourth rated CB are available when we pick and both are a need what would you pick

If we are talking about this draft and not just any draft in general I'd likely take the fourth rated CB. If there was a tight end worth the value I'd pick the tight end. Fleener is an awesome pass-catching tight end, but not as impressive in the blocking department. Great pass-catching tight ends are kind of a luxury. I would not be mad if we nabbed him because I don't think it's a long-shot if we chose either way, but I feel like taking the 4th best CB might be of a slightly higher need. Additionally comparing tight ends to CB is sort of hard to do considering you field 2 starting CBs and just 1 tight end. So, even though it's not an exact logic, it's within some reason to say that since more CBs are fielded at one time that it has double the opportunity to produce talent than than tight end so the 4th best cornerback is more like taking the 2nd best CB vs the best tight end (a little out there, I know, but please say you at least get what I'm trying to say. lol)

With our 2nd pick, there will be good CB's, good WR's, good NT's and decent TE's. It's just a question of what Grigson and pagano deem the most necessary. Grigson is an Offensive lineman and Pagano is a Defensive guru....might be some "debating" going on draft night.

If we are talking about this draft and not just any draft in general I'd likely take the fourth rated CB. If there was a tight end worth the value I'd pick the tight end. Fleener is an awesome pass-catching tight end, but not as impressive in the blocking department. Great pass-catching tight ends are kind of a luxury. I would not be mad if we nabbed him because I don't think it's a long-shot if we chose either way, but I feel like taking the 4th best CB might be of a slightly higher need. Additionally comparing tight ends to CB is sort of hard to do considering you field 2 starting CBs and just 1 tight end. So, even though it's not an exact logic, it's within some reason to say that since more CBs are fielded at one time that it has double the opportunity to produce talent than than tight end so the 4th best cornerback is more like taking the 2nd best CB vs the best tight end (a little out there, I know, but please say you at least get what I'm trying to say. lol)

i just feel like we should give our corners like thomas and ruckers more time before we invest a high pick on a corner.

i just feel like we should give our corners like thomas and ruckers more time before we invest a high pick on a corner.

If anyone could coach up Thomas and Ruckers, it would be Pagano, and we've not seen any indication on what they plan to do with them in the new defense, so you could always be right.

I understand im with you take the CB definately even if hes not BPA hes best player at position that we need filled.Either redo Freeney contract and sign a CB and a NT or take best player available in 2nd and 3rd rds .You can pick up a TE and quality receiver later in draft or even undrafted.