Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who get's drafted first?

Who get's drafted first?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who get's drafted first?

• Justin Herbert
    • Jordan Love

It is seeming the stock in these 2 QB's is wildly variable depending on who you listen to. Some wouldn't touch either one with a 10 foot poll. One has higher upside but one is much more polished. A lot is really going to hinge on what L.A does? Do they really believe in Tyrod as much as they say? Is Cam going to be the guy they decide to go with?  FWIW i would absolutely love seeing either one of these prospects in a colts uniform.

LA could surprise everyone and take a OT first. Rumor has it they like Hurts and could take a OT at six. If LA doesn’t take a QB Love and Herbert will fall. Rumor has it Miami isn’t sold on TUA and might take love but not at 5. I think there is a big possibility neither of them goes as high as we think. TIA may even fall with his injury history.  

30 minutes ago, stitches said:

I think Herbert goes first between those. I personally would pick Love, but I too wouldn't mind either of them on the Colts.

I know you like Love. Why Love over Herbert?

When Luck first retired, many compared Herbert to Luck. Some worried Herbert may quit football in favor of some of his many other interests. 

I too believe Herbert will be drafted before Love. 

15 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know you like Love. Why Love over Herbert?

When Luck first retired, many compared Herbert to Luck. Some worried Herbert may quit football in favor of some of his many other interests. 

I too believe Herbert will be drafted before Love. 

Love is a more natural and loose thrower of the football, I think he has better anticipation and he's a better distributor of the ball(stealing this last bit from Cosell). I think he's more aggressive and better playmaker and I would rather have to rein in a player's aggression a bit than have to push him to be aggressive against his nature. In the league you need your QB to be willing to let it loose.

I don't see a ton of Luck in Herbert. Even though putting Love and Luck in the same sentence is preposterous, I think Love is closer to Luck than Herbert is(style wise).

1 hour ago, twfish said:

It is seeming the stock in these 2 QB's is wildly variable depending on who you listen to. Some wouldn't touch either one with a 10 foot poll. One has higher upside but one is much more polished. A lot is really going to hinge on what L.A does? Do they really believe in Tyrod as much as they say? Is Cam going to be the guy they decide to go with?  FWIW i would absolutely love seeing either one of these prospects in a colts uniform.

I think Herbert will go before Love... but I think through some sort of trade activity (not ours) they're both gone by the #13 pick we dealt for Buckner.

13 minutes ago, stitches said:

Love is a more natural and loose thrower of the football, I think he has better anticipation and he's a better distributor of the ball(stealing this last bit from Cosell). I think he's more aggressive and better playmaker and I would rather have to rein in a player's aggression a bit than have to push him to be aggressive against his nature. In the league you need your QB to be willing to let it loose.

I don't see a ton of Luck in Herbert. Even though putting Love and Luck in the same sentence is preposterous, I think Love is closer to Luck than Herbert is(style wise).

Thank you. 

It was not Herbert's playing style that was compared to Luck's. It was his intelligence and his interests outside of football. 

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thank you. 

It was not Herbert's playing style that was compared to Luck's. It was his intelligence and his interests outside of football. 

Oh yeah, in that way they might be similar. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Smarts-wise Herbert indeed seems like a sharp one and he probably can indeed do other things outside of football if he wanted to and be successful at it. With that said, I would avoid making the connection about him potentially quitting football early because of it. Every player is his own man. Even with Luck you needed him being injured for 4 of the last 5 years and playing with pain non stop for him to decide to quit and pursue his other interests. 

Archived