Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

ESPN Mike Wells predicts: Colts to move up for Tua

1 hour ago, CheezyColt said:

That's not a bad price if you think Tua can be the guy he was projected to be before the injury. I wouldn't be mad at it.

I'd be fine offering that up as well so long as the injury issues check out longterm for him. My biggest worry by far is everyone else's worry, his long term health. On the field, he doesn't have me worried. Looks like Russell Wilson to me. 

As someone who broke my hip in the army, I can tell you that hips are different, even when fully healed they are never fully the same.  And judging by this comment on Walterfootball it seems the same can be said about dislocated hips as well.

Team sources are concerned about Tagovailoa's long-term future in the NFL. The track record that gives them concern is Dennis Pitta. The former Ravens tight end dislocated his hip in training camp of 2013. He came back to play later that season, but in September of 2014, Pitta dislocated the hip again. Doctors told Pitta it was not safe for him to continue to play football. He returned to the field in 2016 and posted career highs that year, but then dislocated the hip for a third time during 2017 OTAs. Right now, NFL evaluators are worried about a similar future for Tagovailoa.

To me, even if he "passes" his medical, it's his long term viability that pushes him out of the 1st round, IMO.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something I heard on a podcast that you can either agree or not is TUA takes to many hits.  That sounds a lot like Luck and with his injury history would not be good. 

Oh Yes, just what we would want to do …… waste our draft picks on a very talented QB, with an injury history

33 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

As someone who broke my hip in the army, I can tell you that hips are different, even when fully healed they are never fully the same.  And judging by this comment on Walterfootball it seems the same can be said about dislocated hips as well.

To me, even if he "passes" his medical, it's his long term viability that pushes him out of the 1st round, IMO.

i would not feel great about taking him #1 but i think hes good value outside the top 5.  luck played 6 years i bet tua can match that or more and he wont take a #1 overall

i dont think playing to 40 is going to be the norm anyway 

On 2/10/2020 at 12:48 PM, John Waylon said:

He’s also probably not worth moving up for. 

If he is not healthy I would agree

But.......

If healthy, he would be one of the best QBs coming out in the past 5 years

To me..... if healthy.... he would be an excellent choice for the Colts

He would need to gain 5-10 lbs , and avoid the hits, more than he did in college

The initial news on the kid for health is that he is “doing excellent”

The cost will be very high to move this far up...... but.... if we do....

THIS Texan is cheering the move