Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2019 drafts

5 minutes ago, jblastick said:

Not sure why I just thought of this but I just realized Ballard hasn’t selected an offensive skill position player in the first 3 rounds in any of his three drafts.  Understand this is not a criticism.  Just hit me and I thought it was interesting.    

With the lack of good offensive line play in the NFL of late... you could make an argument that OL is skill players 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, he has.    One

Parris Campbell.    Hurt most of this season.    Drafted bottom if the second round this year.    I think pick 59. 

I’d expect more “skill players” this draft. 

For sure, I'd think this will largely be an offensive draft. Hard to know tho til all of the FA's land 

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, he has.    One

Parris Campbell.    Hurt most of this season.    Drafted bottom if the second round this year.    I think pick 59. 

I’d expect more “skill players” this draft. 

Ah crap yep.  My fault.  Forgot about Parris.  Carry on fellow Colts fans lol 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Vexed said:

With the lack of good offensive line play in the NFL of late... you could make an argument that OL is skill players 

You’ll get no argument from me on that.    

Win the line of scrimmage and you’re typically going to win most games.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jblastick said:

Not sure why I just thought of this but I just realized Ballard hasn’t selected an offensive skill position player in the first 3 rounds in any of his three drafts.  Understand this is not a criticism.  Just hit me and I thought it was interesting.    

Right, and looking back does give us an opportunity to speculate on what his strategy was. We were a much older and unspectacular team on defense before Ballard. With a talent like Luck and with the investments in place on the o-line and still having Hilton, getting our defense competitive seemed like an obvious priority number one. Heck we all wouldn't mind seeing and upgrade at QB and WR, but beyond that I think we all would love to see this young defense continue to get some help. We just have not had a top defense in forever it seems.