Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why it matters

AKB

With the Ravens win they are most likely a lock for the #2 seed in the AFC. This puts the colts in a race for the division or a wild card spot. I suppose if we can 2-0 Houston, then we will be able to take the division; and Houston will battle for the wildcard or 2 seed. 

But , lets say we don't go over .500 against the division, then the loss to PIT is huge. We should've won this game; with the Dolphins and Jags to look forward too. Instead, we will be 6-3 after next week with a game against JAX who always plays the Colts tough. 

There were a lot of coaching and individual mistakes, and I think this game will be the game we look back to if the Colts don't take the division. 

Man, I really do not want to overreact to this game, especially considering no T.Y., no Kelly for large portions of the game, and 3rd-string QB.

I thought the defense stepped up in spots.

But, the fact is, there are still lots of holes in this roster, and the Colts simply cannot afford to keep playing these close games, because these things "even out" in the long run.

The o-line had a tough day, but I imagine calling the proper protections was hindered significantly by a backup C and Hoyer in the game at the same time; just not the same level of involvement in protection meetings as the starters.

And then Vinny.  Ugh.  Can't keep having this inconsistent play if this team wants to compete for a playoff spot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zibby43 said:

And then Vinny.  Ugh.  Can't keep having this inconsistent play if this team wants to compete for a playoff spot.

This season is the Adam V retirement tour... This team isn't trying to make the playoffs. It's a season to let Vinny do what he wants. An organization who is about high standards doesn't allow one player to drive a team into the ground.

But he will be obligated to war the SHOE into Canton now... Thank you Irsay.. Was worried he would get upset and wear a Patriot helmet:woah:

• Like 1