Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Just I figured would happen they went defense in the 1st round which was fine.....like I said drafting a wr that early who would be fighting for the #3 spot, you can get that type wr in the later rounds
    • What happened was when the Jets were on the clock at 11 after the Vikings picked, the Bengals, Rams, and Colts all tried to trade up with them before they picked. I'm guessing the same was true with the Broncos, but they didn't want to trade down because 5 QBs were taken already and took Nix (heard Peyton say he had trade down offers but picked at 12). After that, the Raiders took Bowers.   I'm 99.9% sure that Bowers was the Colts first choice and they got their backup choice in Latu who was also their top defensive player. Balard also admitted in his 1st round press conference that he tried to trade up and it was a no go.
    • The flip side is - you won’t see returns on investment in a very high first rounder for at least 2 years and if Cousins keeps playing well for 4 years, this move of the Falcons might end up being talked about as the least use of resources in a Top 10 player.   Plus, if Penix flops, after getting a chance after 2 years, that GM and HC combo will be gone, for a LONNNNGGG time and will never be GM and HC again. LOVE the player, not the pick. Older QBs that have had an injury history don’t go at No.8. They could have gotten back into Round 1, I’m confident Penix would have still been there at the 20s. Rodgers and Love were, for the Packers when they pulled the trigger, IN THE 20s.   Personally, after the first 2 QBs, every QB was over drafted, IMO.   Raheem Morris was hedging his bets on them not picking in Top 10 again, so that was their justification for picking Penix high. If you aren’t picking in Top 10 again, won’t your future 1st be worth less if you moved back into Round 1 in the 20s by the same logic?   Again, LOVE the player but HATE the pick position. They also put Penix in a difficult situation where he might end up asking them to trade him like Jordan Love did after riding the pine for 3 years. Is that what they want?
    • Saw a post from Ian Rapport who stated both the Rams and Colts were making several trade-up calls in the first round. Once Bowers was selected the calls stopped.
  • Members

• w87r

w87r 13,941

Moderators
    • cjwhiskers

cjwhiskers 847

• HoosierHero

HoosierHero 198

• k9copinmd

k9copinmd 107

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 5,186