Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL looks stupid AGAIN!!

ColtJax

They suspend the Seahawks DT Reed for 6 games even though there's no proof that he battered anyone, but the NFL found him guilty. But Hill gets nothing even though battered women seldom testify against their abusers especially with support on the line. I don't know about Reed's reputation, but Hill's was dark to begin with. Roger Goodall has the power to suspend anyone, and even if the courts turned it over the NFL would save face. But now the NFL looks like clowns again. Brady gets 4 games but a guy that breaks a 3 year old arm and batters a pregnant women gets nothing..

Not sure about the facts of any of these cases, but the NFL is treading in pretty dangerous waters by having a personal conduct policy that passes judgment on an employee's private life. 

I assume Brady's transgression was something personal that he did in the capacity as an NFL player, and not something in his personal life. 

But I agree, the NFL looks stupid....and will look stupid more ties than not, IMO, for even taking on the responsibility to judge private life activities in the first place.

3 hours ago, ColtJax said:

a guy that breaks a 3 year old arm and batters a pregnant women gets nothing..

Obviously the NFL doesn't think he broke the kid's arm. And the issue with him and the woman happened well before he entered the NFL.

Why did this need to be a new thread? We have two threads on Hill already.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DougDew said:

Not sure about the facts of any of these cases, but the NFL is treading in pretty dangerous waters by having a personal conduct policy that passes judgment on an employee's private life. 

I assume Brady's transgression was something personal that he did in the capacity as an NFL player, and not something in his personal life. 

But I agree, the NFL looks stupid....and will look stupid more ties than not, IMO, for even taking on the responsibility to judge private life activities in the first place.

I think a lot of Brady's suspension was due to the attempt at a cover up.

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think a lot of Brady's suspension was due to the attempt at a cover up.

If its the deflate gate thing we're talking about, his how he conducted himself and the cover up were in the capacity of an NFL player. 

To me there is a huge distinction between personal conduct as a player and personal conduct as just another citizen.