Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Kyler Murray flunk the Combine?!?

On NFL today,  former GM Charley Casserly gave us some insight to what other NFL execs felt about Murray's 15 minute interviews.

He called them....   "The worst comments I've ever heard about any top level quarterback."

Don't take my word for it....    here is the video tape....    it's not long...    and Casserly gets right to the point....

http://www.nfl.com/videos/up-to-the-minute/0ap3000001021186/Casserly-Murray-received-worst-comments-I-ve-ever-got-for-a-top-QB

• Like 2

If Murray goes first overall and bust, Steve Keim and Kliff Kingsbury will be unemployed.

However, if they are right about Murray, they will be geniuses.

Worst case scenario,  Murray is a bust and Rosen becomes a franchise QB for another team.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The cardinals are dumb to take Murray and trade Rosen. Why would you not build around Rosen. You just drafted him. Imagine the great DE they could get.

Murray is more athletic, faster, and has a much bigger arm

12 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Murray is more athletic, faster, and has a much bigger arm

Athletic -- Yes

Faster -- Yes!

Much Bigger Arm?     Ah....   No.

Rosen's arm is really good.   And it's not just about arm strength,  there's also arm accuracy as well. Arm has never been Rosen's problem.     Murray's arm is very good.   But let's not make it out to be something it's not.    For example,  Haskins arm was dramtically impressive at the Combine.   I read the coaches had to ask him to tone down his throws because some of the WR's weren't talented enough to catch them.    He's got exceptional arm talent.     Murray's arm is very good.   I wouldn't be too quick to say his arm is "much bigger" than Rosen's.

Just my two cents....

Murray may be amazing, but he did play for the hot new QB Guru, in an offensive system that will always put up solid numbers, in a conference known for high scoring, low D..... and for a total of 1 year.....  a team also stacked with Offensive skill players.....  

That said, he could be a hybrid P. Manning/M. Vick for all  I know....

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Athletic -- Yes

Faster -- Yes!

Rosen's arm is really good.   And it's not just about arm strength,  there's also arm accuracy as well. Arm has never been Rosen's problem.     Murray's arm is very good.   But let's not make it out to be something it's not.    For example,  Haskins arm was dramtically impressive at the Combine.   I read the coaches had to ask him to tone down his throws because some of the WR's weren't talented enough to catch them.    He's got exceptional arm talent.     Murray's arm is very good.   I wouldn't be too quick to say his arm is "much bigger" than Rosen's.

Just my two cents....

I agree.  Rosen is also very accurate with his passes.

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Athletic -- Yes

Faster -- Yes!

Just my two cents....

I mean he has a cannon. Not saying hes more accurate

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

The cardinals are dumb to take Murray and trade Rosen. Why would you not build around Rosen. You just drafted him. Imagine the great DE they could get.

Yeah they gave up a 1st, 3rd and a 5th round picks to trade up 5 spots.

Makes no sense to me. Rosen showed signs of being pretty good playing on a team that really wasn't that good. Their best RB was injured in the 1st quarter of the 1st game and they never got it going. Their defense was 26th in the league.

No running game and no defense makes for a poor way to judge a rookie QB.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I mean he has a cannon. Not saying hes more accurate

If you think or like Murray more than Rosen I have no problem at all with your opinion.

With that said there is no reason to try to make Rosen out to be some kind of a bust.

IMO Rosen will be a good QB in the NFL no matter what happens with the Cardinals.

If Az. trades him he will be better off someplace else anyway.

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you think or like Murray more than Rosen I have no problem at all with your opinion.

With that said there is no reason to try to make Rosen out to be some kind of a bust.

IMO Rosen will be a good QB in the NFL no matter what happens with the Cardinals.

Now hold on. I never said hes a bust. Just saying Murray imo will be better

29 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Rosen had the highest percentage of catchable balls in college. Better than the QBs drafted before him last year.

Interesting....

I never heard/read that.     And UCLA is in my back yard.    Basically less than 25 miles away from my home.

Good info.   Thanks!      :thmup:

2 hours ago, MPStack said:

If Murray goes first overall and bust, Steve Keim and Kliff Kingsbury will be unemployed.

However, if they are right about Murray, they will be geniuses.

Worst case scenario,  Murray is a bust and Rosen becomes a franchise QB for another team.

Keim should have already been unemployed probably. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Interesting....

I never heard/read that.     And UCLA is in my back yard.    Basically less than 25 miles away from my home.

Good info.   Thanks!      :thmup:

I read it in a NFL.com article that was written during last years draft.

It said he threw I think it was 67% but his receivers had more than their share of drops.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Rosen’s Ceiling: Poor Man’s Philip Rivers

Floor: Blake Bortles 

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

That’s my thought exactly. I have a feeling the Patriots are going to be the lucky team that trades a 3rd round pick for Rosen and once again, gets a steal. He’ll sit behind Brady two more years to learn from the best. McDaniels will then have his guy when Brady/Bill retire. 

3 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Rosen’s Ceiling: Poor Man’s Philip Rivers

Floor: Blake Bortles 

That’s my thought exactly. I have a feeling the Patriots are going to be the lucky team that trades a 3rd round pick for Rosen and once again, gets a steal. He’ll sit behind Brady two more years to learn from the best. McDaniels will then have his guy when Brady/Bill retire. 

No way AZ trades Rosen for a 3rd. 

Decision making and accuracy are the two most important attributes of an NFL QB, provided they have sufficient arm strength to make all of the throws.

I'm not sure why a combination of speed, athleticism, or overall arm talent would be worthy of trading away a QB who had the above.  Seems like it would be a step backwards for Arizona.