Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

When will Manning play?

indy_1

I heard Peyton could possibly miss the first game or more due to his surgery rehab.. Is this true? Would he end his consecutive starts streak?.. I was hoping he'd be in training camp soon and maybe he would be ready by the Packers/Colts preseason game(3rd pre-game) here Aug 26th.. Has anyone got the latest news on this?

I heard Peyton could possibly miss the first game or more due to his surgery rehab.. Is this true? Would he end his consecutive starts streak?.. I was hoping he'd be in training camp soon and maybe he would be ready by the Packers/Colts preseason game(3rd pre-game) here Aug 26th.. Has anyone got the latest news on this?

The last time Manning had surgery in the off season, he stumbled out of the gate. If I remember correctly, he didn't play much or at all in that pre-season and it took weeks for him to get up to speed in the regular season. If he's absent for the week 3 pre-season game, it's not going to bode well for us. Any news from the FO is going to have to be taken with a grain of salt for sure.

If he missed a game somewhere along the line sooner rather than later that might not be a bad thing looking at the big picture. That stuff can be a huge distraction/team detractor and basically doesn't amount to anything other than a line in the record books for the individual player. Just ask Favre or in the baseball world.....Cal Ripken.

Having said this, as long as he's ready to play let the guy play. Of course. But I'm against running him out there just to keep this specific streak intact. Let that number fall where it may. He's got nothing to prove when it comes to mettle, toughness, or being team-minded.

he will start probably like with knee =but he wwont feel really in groove til 5th game, at least was what said that season, & we only won 2 of those early games as sub QB Sage rosenthal did the jumping air twister we recovered late for a long TD & the vikings somehow blew a big late game lead on weird plays as well

I was at training camp Friday. Peyton was throwing on the field. Not in pads and just standing and throwing. Did not show any visible signs of any pain? He will be back when the trainer and he thinks he is ready. I believe with Peyton it is all about comfortability. His progress with the training staff may be rapid. This is the biggest issue I had with the lockout. There should have been some exception for rehabilitating players. GO COLTS!!!

Guest BlueShoe

He will be there.

I was at training camp Friday. Peyton was throwing on the field. Not in pads and just standing and throwing. Did not show any visible signs of any pain? He will be back when the trainer and he thinks he is ready. I believe with Peyton it is all about comfortability. His progress with the training staff may be rapid. This is the biggest issue I had with the lockout. There should have been some exception for rehabilitating players. GO COLTS!!!

Yep! The fact that he's throwing in camp, with decent velocity, is very encouraging. Remember the infamous 'bursa sac summer'? He wasn't even seen in camp if I remember correctly. And I don't think he played in any preseason games.

Personally, I'd rather not have him back in a preseason game until the O-line gels. Especially if we have a rookie (or Link) at LT, and possibly a rook at G.

Yep! The fact that he's throwing in camp, with decent velocity, is very encouraging. Remember the infamous 'bursa sac summer'? He wasn't even seen in camp if I remember correctly. And I don't think he played in any preseason games.

Personally, I'd rather not have him back in a preseason game until the O-line gels. Especially if we have a rookie (or Link) at LT, and possibly a rook at G.

Absolutely not! If he can play in preseason, he needs to. As you mentioned the bursa sac issue and him sitting out the pre, it took him weeks to get up to speed. Manning operating under center is the only way that the O-line will gel.

Absolutely not! If he can play in preseason, he needs to. As you mentioned the bursa sac issue and him sitting out the pre, it took him weeks to get up to speed. Manning operating under center is the only way that the O-line will gel.

IMO, the O-line will gel just fine with Peyton wearing a red shirt in practice. Besides, if he were totally healthy, how many preseason snaps would he take anyway? 2 series in the first two games, maybe a half in the 3rd? That's less than the snaps he'd get in one practice.

The neck procedure was something to help Peyton feel more comfortable, it's been reported that he could have played with it. The bursa sac prevented him from working his legs, etc.

Yes, and the OL will NOT gel until the Grand Master himself is back there calling the shots.

The sooner Manning is under center the faster this OL will gel.

If he doesn't start the first pre-season game, does that mean his consecutive starts streak is over? Or does that only take into consideration regular season and playoff games? I have a feeling it doesn't include pre-season games, but I'm not 100% sure

?? pre season does not count, if it did his streak would have ended long ago...

If he doesn't start the first pre-season game, does that mean his consecutive starts streak is over? Or does that only take into consideration regular season and playoff games? I have a feeling it doesn't include pre-season games, but I'm not 100% sure

Consecutive starts only applies to reg season.