Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Another First Quarter Flop By The Colts

King Colt

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was before my time as a Colts fan but I know how great Bert was. He won an MVP and had a laser arm. Damn shame his career was cut short. He was a Great talent.

Bert Jones is still my all time favorite. And though his name never comes up in all time great qb's, it should. Could do everything Elway could and had great charisma and leadership qualities. When asked who his GOAT of all time was Belichek answered "Bert Jones was tough to beat".

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Bert Jones is still my all time favorite. And though his name never comes up in all time great qb's, it should. Could do everything Elway could and had great charisma and leadership qualities. When asked who his GOAT of all time was Belichek answered "Bert Jones was tough to beat".

I am out of freakin LIKES but it is amazing that we were lucky enough to have QB's Unitas, Jones, Peyton, and now Luck. Harbaugh was even magical in 1995. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shadow_Creek said:

who really cares. i mean sure there are things to fix but the colts have had a couple of games this season were they scored next to nothing in the first quarter every team deals with it :facepalm:

There is a lot of stuff to clean up but this week they were able to bounce back and win so great win 1 down 3 to go.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am out of freakin LIKES but it is amazing that we were lucky enough to have QB's Unitas, Jones, Peyton, and now Luck. Harbaugh was even magical in 1995. 

...and let's not forget Jeff George. Ok, maybe we should.haha

But he did have a big arm.

At the time I prefered Jim McMahon over Art Schlitzer. That was a mistake by the Colts, "rolling the dice"  on Schlitzer didn't work out.

15 hours ago, Gramz said:

Yeah,  like  what's the point?     We won.  It was a great day...    so we should focus on the negatives?    :scratch:     Not me.

Those "negatives" may rise to the surface in Dallas next week so to everyone scared to look at them try looking at the Colts record 7-6. Impressive? Not!

56 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Those "negatives" may rise to the surface in Dallas next week so to everyone scared to look at them try looking at the Colts record 7-6. Impressive? Not!

Why always the pessimist? :dunno:  

I choose to think our "Positives" will again rise against Dallas.   Go COLTS.   :colts:

oh and btw we're not "in Dallas".

2 hours ago, Gramz said:

Why always the pessimist? :dunno:  

I choose to think our "Positives" will again rise against Dallas.   Go COLTS.   :colts:

oh and btw we're not "in Dallas".

Pessimist?!  OK, the Colts are the greatest in all categories. Undefeated in the last 20 years. Have you ever been in a locker room after a game won or lost? Ever listen to a post game interview?

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Pessimist?!  OK, the Colts are the greatest in all categories. Undefeated in the last 20 years. Have you ever been in a locker room after a game won or lost? Ever listen to a post game interview?

Of course! I'm in the locker room after every game, I thought you knew! /sarcasm

Seriously. I get what you're saying, and I shouldn't yank your chain that way.  I know better, but I also have to believe after a game like yesterday, celebrating the win, I doubt very seriously that coach wanted to focus on the negative! I'm pretty certain it was happy celebration and hope to continue building on that positivity!

I understand that the first quarter wasn't good.  No one said it was.  But let's not act like Dallas did ANYTHING for the first 3 quarters of their game yesterday either.  I'll take the Colts single bad quarter over the Cowboys 3 all day.  Saying we need to put together 4 quarters is something that can and is said every single week so this whole thing is kind of pointless.

21 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It was before my time as a Colts fan but I know how great Bert was. He won an MVP and had a laser arm. Damn shame his career was cut short. He was a Great talent.

Johnny Unitas wasn't before my time. Of all the great QB's the Colts have had, Bert Jones is still my favorite!! :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:39 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I still can't believe this thread is real. The Colts get a huge win but the OP complains about the 1st quarter. How about what happened in quarters 2 3 and 4? 

The fact is the blanked the forth quarter as well. So the scoreboard looked like this 0-17-7-0.