Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quinnen Williams

New player on the top of my watch list.  Outland Trophy winner Quinnen Williams.  Voch Lombardi calls him the best player in the draft, and dreams of watching him get in a punchy/shovey match with Quentin Nelson.  PFF has him rated the best interior D-lineman.  Mel Kiper has him rated the 14th on his big board, and Todd McShay has him 20th.  (We're probably picking somewhere around 15th.)

Here's V.L.'s video (NSFW)

I really really really hope Kiper and McShay are right, but unfortunately I don't see how this will be the case. IMO they simply haven't started watching film or haven't started calling their sources. I would be shocked if Quinnen gets out of the top 5 of the draft and if he does I would consider trading one of our second round picks in order to move up in the first and get him around 7-10 range... 

1 hour ago, John Hammonds said:

New player on the top of my watch list.  Outland Trophy winner Quinnen Williams.  Voch Lombardi calls him the best player in the draft, and dreams of watching him get in a punchy/shovey match with Quentin Nelson.  PFF has him rated the best interior D-lineman.  Mel Kiper has him rated the 14th on his big board, and Todd McShay has him 20th.  (We're probably picking somewhere around 15th.)

Old rankings. Both Kiper and McShay have Q.Williams in their top five now.

1 hour ago, Matthew Gilbert said:

Old rankings. Both Kiper and McShay have Q.Williams in their top five now.

Well that didn't take long!  Poo.

I agree about Oliver dropping.  He wouldn't even be on my board, based on the video alone.  You don't get to rage at your head coach like that.  Not At All.

18 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

He's not making out of the top 10. =/

• 2 weeks later...

The price of success. The Colts look like they are picking in the low 20s given how the standings are shaping up. Williams (without question ) and the other top DTs are likely going too high for the Colts to grab them. But given the depth of the draft, they will have a shot at an excellent D-lineman in the first round and a very good one in the second round if they choose to double up. 

• Thanks 1