Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Defense now ranked 11th in NFL.

Lawrence Owen

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Could you not flip that around and say those teams have all played a top 11 defense in the past few weeks?

I guess I don't understand how their offensive ranking over the course of the entire year somehow nullifies the Colts defensive ranking over the course of the entire year.  Did not the Colts D contribute to the low offensive rankings?

To rank that low you have to be consistently bad.  It doesn't totally nullify what the colts have done, but it does provide some context.

15 hours ago, BOTT said:

To rank that low you have to be consistently bad.  It doesn't totally nullify what the colts have done, but it does provide some context.

True it does provide some context.  But again the flip side can also be true, to rank as high as the Colts they have to be consistently good, no?

I'm not saying the Colts are a great D, a veteran, accurate QB is going to find the holes in the pass coverage.  But, I also don't think you can dismiss how well the D has been playing because of the rankings of the other teams.

I don't think you can say the defensive rankings are not accurate because look at how low the offensive rankings are... at least not without providing the same type of contect on the offensive rankings

7 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

remember in years past when it didn't matter how good or bad the opposing offense was...The Colts D would make them look All World.....not so much anymore.....they still have a ways to go to be consistently elite, but they're a lot closer than I imagined they'd be this year. 

I think we saw that offense thru the early part of the season, but the pass defense has picked it up the last few games.

16 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

Where are all the nay sayers now?  Or are the Cowboys still not a good enough barometer?

^ THIS x1000000. It’s been hard to keep quiet about the fact that we haven’t a played a “Good” offense yet and that the ranking was inflated. Welp.....put this in your juice box haha

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, adubb84 said:

^ THIS x1000000. It’s been hard to keep quiet about the fact that we haven’t a played a “Good” offense yet and that the ranking was inflated. Welp.....put this in your juice box haha

I will put it in your mom's juice box instead.

11 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

HAHAHAH. But seriously. Will this finally  validate things? Or more negative posts throwing shade at what they have accomplished. 

My posts werent negative.  The run D has been good almost all season. The pass D on the other hand, was fairly putrid till game 7 +/-.  I think anyone who is being honest had to wonder how much was Eberflus changing his approach and how much was the competition.

plus, I like to feel the entire defense read my posts and used it as motivation........you all should thank me.

3 minutes ago, BOTT said:

My posts werent negative.  The run D has been good almost all season. The pass D on the other hand, was fairly putrid till game 7 +/-.  I think anyone who is being honest had to wonder how much was Eberflus changing his approach and how much was the competition.

plus, I like to feel the entire defense read my posts and used it as motivation........you all should thank me.

Lol. In alol fairness my comment wasn’t directed at you honestly. Just in general as it seems that some people can’t take anything good the colts do without throwing a little dirt on it 1st. Homer glasses off. 

To your comment - agreed. We didn’t necessarily play some quality opponents to help the “Top 10” defense have some weight today. They have came a long way this season. Today was the cherry on the top 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, BOTT said:

lol. 

Just now, NewEra said:

#1........x infinity!! Hahahahahaha.

On a side note. I'd love to see Big Q in a IHOP commercial lol serving up pancakes boomstick baby!!

Oh..here..i have a present for ya then. Before Brian Baldinger makes his 
"OMGOMGOMG...GATOR COUNTRY!" video..i'm going to prepare you...just watch Nelson and Kelly in these plays...it's stupid good.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

Oh..here..i have a present for ya then. Before Brian Baldinger makes his 
"OMGOMGOMG...GATOR COUNTRY!" video..i'm going to prepare you...just watch Nelson and Kelly in these plays...it's stupid good.

Them boys guys are stuffed from all the pancakes they got served!! Carb overload hahahahaha

• Like 1