Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys Primetime Schedule

buffalo34

For a team that missed the playoffs last year and has been largely mediocre for the past 20 years, the amount of primetime games on their schedule this year is something:

Week 1: @Panthers, 4:25PM FOX Game

Week 2: vs. Giants, SNF

Week 3: @Seahawks, 4:25PM FOX Game

Week 5: @Texans, SNF

Week 6: vs. Jaguars, 4:25PM CBS Game

Week 7: @Redskins, 4:25PM CBS Game

Week 9: vs. Titans, MNF

Week 10: @Eagles, SNF

Week 12: vs. Redskins, Thanksgiving Game

Week 13: vs. Saints, TNF

Week 14: vs. Eagles, 4:25PM FOX Game

I know the 4:25PM games aren't technically primetime games but they still normally go out to 90% of the country (if you ever look at The 506 NFL Maps).

Pretty good for a team that's 3-5, huh?

I know, I know, AMERICA'S TEAM.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

The Cowboys and the Pats will ALWAYS get prime time game, those two teams make the most money for the NFL.

At least the Patriots getting primetime games is rooted in them actually being good.

I know the Cowboys play the AFC East next year (they play the Patriots and Jets away, host the Bills and Dolphins), so you can be assured that Cowboys/Patriots will be the 4:25PM FOX game, if not SNF, and I wouldn't rule out one of the other AFC East games being an MNF game as well.

• Like 1

Absolutely agree, 

They suck. I watched a meaningless game number 9 between the Pistons and Heat instead of the NFL.

And they play again Sunday night :facepalm:. Prescott had beginners luck, I said it from the beginning poor Romo. The coach sucks and will be coaching that team until the end of time. 

13 hours ago, buffalo34 said:

For a team that missed the playoffs last year and has been largely mediocre for the past 20 years, the amount of primetime games on their schedule this year is something:

I agree. Bear in mind that 4:30PM games are often a result of the time zone and where played so that's not really prime time.

I am sick of this flexing crap. 

I don't care for Sunday night games It's not that I'm not up but I like to watch movies etc in the evening.

We already had mon nite football for years and that was enough.

I missed half the Patriot game Thurs because I just don't think football on thurs.

The only reason I caught the 2nd half was from the reminder on this forum LOL.

I'd rather see the Bills more often on mon night too. They've always had a good defense.

It's was unbelievable the excitement of the Bill's fans having mon nite football for the 1st time in 10 years. I almost rooted for them but of course I had to go with NE ;)  

Now we won't see them for another 10 years :(

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I found this interesting: https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2024/09/18/colts-qb-anthony-richardson-an-outlier-defying-statistical-explanation/75249368007/ (I would've linked directly to the article but apparently, the mods too away the ability to insert a link.)    Greg Doyle wrote an article in which he compared Manning's first 6 games as a Rookie to Richardson's.   From the article:   (Richardson) "Six games into his career he’s completing 55.5% of his passer (76-for-137) for 993 yards, six touchdowns and five interceptions. He’s also run for 229 yards and five touchdowns. "   "Six games into his NFL career, Peyton Manning was completing 53.8% of his passes (113-for-210) for 1,364 yards, six touchdowns and 14 interceptions. He’d also run six times for 33 yards and no score. Numerically speaking, Peyton Manning was terrible. And the Colts were 1-5 in 1998."   And lastly: "Richardson has a similar passing philosophy to Manning circa 1998 – throwing the ball much farther downfield than quarterbacks today, the same as quarterbacks were doing in 1998 – but plays the rest of the game with no comparison to Manning. The footspeed, the willingness to run, the inferior talent around him (Manning was throwing in 1998 to Marshall Faulk and Marvin Harrison, among others)? No comparison."    
    • This has a feel of "Gus needs to go" type of article. But Bryan said he can play it, just that he doesn't like to...probably because he's 20+ lbs lighter than the guy he is replacing. I can understand that.     
    • I was able to read it. Apparently, Bryan rotates between both 3T and NT as part of the overall 10-man rotation. It's mainly for him to spell Grover, who can only really handle about 65% of the snaps at most.   It makes sense on some level, assuming he can actually play it. But it sounds like he doesn't want to or can't.
    • Bryan is trying to do what is asked of him. And we see that he is definitely targeted and easily pummeled. I had seen enough to know he shouldn't be on the team, that we needed an upgrade.  Bottom line, Gus is out of his mind, and Ballard went along with this.
    • You're probably right or Partridge's boss might be making the call on this. How do you know?    But why does it matter who is making the decision? We've seen that Bryan can't stop the run, and even he says he doesn't like the position and his results there won't be pretty. Partridge, Bradley, Steichen, and Ballard are all accountable for how the Colts do in stopping the run and how the defensive line plays. And so far, it sucks. I'm expecting much better on Sunday, but if Bryan is at NT, that's not gonna help. 
  • Members

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,900

• Jason_

Jason_ 2,338

• Fluke_33

Fluke_33 5,098

• Tsarquise

Tsarquise 1,246

• RollerColt

RollerColt 13,634

• masterlock