Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts need a WR!!

Zoltan

I think Grant has been ok. Rogers is the guy I am most disappointed in too. This is year 3 for him there really no excuse for his drops particularly the deep ball that was thrown perfectly. Pascal should catch the ball too. He did a better job the week prior. This was his first time having a big role and his first prime time game.  It may have been a rookie trying to hard. We will see how he rebounds. 

Count me in on wanting to see Fountain get some action. Ishmael too before the season is over. We could still have the capable WR's on this roster. The young guys need to play for us to figure that out. They will make mistakes and probably drop a pass or two. That shouldn't continue to happen and certainly not into year 3. 

On 10/4/2018 at 10:25 PM, Zoltan said:

After all the drops tonight by the Wrs we need to sign someone off Free Agency, and that should be Dez Bryant. The amount of easy catches that were dropped was unacceptable, and the only reason we had a chance in the game was due to our TEs. Grant did okay but even he missed a couple easy ones.

Dez might not be the answer but something needs to change

So, let me get this straight because the Colts WR have had a few untimely drops the last couple of weeks you propose:

Signing a WR that has had a problem with drops the last couple of years.

Signing a WR that may not be an improvement but it's change so that is automatically a good thing.

The drops the last couple of weeks have killed drives, perhaps taken points off the board but there is not anyone the Colts can sign that will improve things.  They may bring a guy up from the practice squad but then they would have to release someone and there are a lot of positions that are thin at the moment which makes it tough to release anyone else.

personalyl, I think the WRs will be ok.  As they learn Luck and how he throws in different situations their hands will improve.