Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Article By Gene Wojciechowski

doogansquest

"None of it matters now because Irsay thinks his franchise is better off without Manning than with him."

"I know Irsay's decision makes financial sense, but that doesn't mean it makes football sense. If Manning is healthy -- and his arm strength certainly seems to be trending that way -- then Irsay just deprived the Colts of their best chance to win games."

Amazing how a little common sense put down on "paper" summarizes all the crap we have been hearing over the last few months.

The business of football is winning, not managing cap space. Putting a winning product on the field is what matters. But in his first critical decision since wresting his team away from Polian, Irsay dumps the best player this team/city has ever seen by a mile...in hopes that Luck/Griffin can actually be a winning QB. Have this horrible feeling that it is- Welcome to the new Colts, same as the old Colts (pre-1998)

Brilliant work. Expresses the truth of the matter. Not just a vent of frustration, but the cold, hard reality we just witnessed. He doesn't make friends with the Luck fans who became Colts fans, or the hoppers in the pond, but that's because most just don't get it.

http://sports.espn.g...07&sportCat=nfl

I guess it depends on how you already feel about this.

I thought it pandered to the Irsay hating bandwagon