Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kevin Dodd Released

krunk

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000941775/article/titans-release-former-secondround-pick-kevin-dodd

I can't help but wonder what the hell happened to this kid in Tennessee.  Just seemed really strange how tihngs

went down with him there.  I wonder if he just didn't like being played as an OLB in a 3-4 or what the problem was?

Everything just seemed totally different to the kind of player he was at Clemson.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krunk said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000941775/article/titans-release-former-secondround-pick-kevin-dodd

I can't help but wonder what the hell happened to this kid in Tennessee.  Just seemed really strange how tihngs

went down with him there.  I wonder if he just didn't like being played as an OLB in a 3-4 or what the problem was?

Everything just seemed totally different to the kind of player he was at Clemson.

He was a D-linemen at Clemson and they had him as an OLB I just don't think they used him right hope somebody else gives him a chance.

11 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

He was a D-linemen at Clemson and they had him as an OLB I just don't think they used him right hope somebody else gives him a chance.

So you’re saying he might be a better fit as a 4-3 DE rather than a 3-4 OLB?

Hmmmm?

I wonder if there’s a 4-3 team out there that is always looking for more talent?

Hmmmm?          :thmup:

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hmmmm?

I wonder if there’s a 4-3 team out there that is always looking for more talent?

Its possible that what he was playing at Clemson and he was a beast.

I just wish I knew what the real issues were in Tennessee. Seemed to me like he basically just didn't want to be with that team for whatever the reasons were.   Don't know what was happening behind the scenes or did he just have a bad attitude?  I really don't know and there isn't a whole lot of info that makes it any clearer.

Unfortunately, for the Titans and Dodd, it was not a lack of experience that derailed the young defensive end’s career, but rather a myriad of other factors, some of which Dodd could control and others of which were out of his hands. Right out of the gate, Dodd suffered a foot injury in his rookie season that sidelined him and required two surgeries to get healthy again for 2017.

Heading into Dodd’s sophomore season, fans were eager to see Dodd get back on track and develop into the team’s next big pass rusher. However, Dodd rarely saw the field in 2017. Mike Mularkey and staff tried to move Dodd to OLB, where he appeared lost and ineffective most of the time. For Dodd, playing at OLB in 2017 was less “Outside Linebacker” and more “Outer Left Bench”, as he struggled to earn playing time.

https://titansized.com/2018/07/24/kevin-dodd-tennessee-titans-gm-jon-robinsons-first-bust/

not sure what to think here

we have several young DEs already that we need to develop 

on the other hand, maybe dodd is better than all of them, i did like him going into the draft 

i do think he was miscast as an olb 

14 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

not sure what to think here

we have several young DEs already that we need to develop 

on the other hand, maybe dodd is better than all of them, i did like him going into the draft 

i do think he was miscast as an olb 

If he was just simply miscast and that was the real issue and nothing else(I have my doubts) then he could be brought in to compete with Mcain and John Simon I think .

All I’m suggesting is that he’s worth a look.    Let’s kick the tires.    Maybe he fails a physical?

But since he plays our scheme and he once had talent, I’d be interested to see if he might be a match for us.

I don’t see a downside in taking a look.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

All I’m suggesting is that he’s worth a look.    Let’s kick the tires.    Maybe he fails a physical?

But since he plays our scheme and he once had talent, I’d be interested to see if he might be a match for us.

I don’t see a downside in taking a look.

I agree.  Bring him in and work him out.  Have a long sit down and hear what he has to say.  

I just don't feel that strong about Ballard signing him though.   Ballard looks for guys who are tough, athletic and don't have motivation and effort issues.  It's early but so far that doesn't seem to be Dodd.

12 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Hmmmm?

Personally, I wouldn't even spend timing considering him.

12 tackles and 1 sack in 2 years is bad.

Battling injuries is bad.

But you take those two items and then add in failing to report to camp... it all adds up to a guy who does not want to play football

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Personally, I wouldn't even spend timing considering him.

12 tackles and 1 sack in 2 years is bad.

Battling injuries is bad.

But you take those two items and then add in failing to report to camp... it all adds up to a guy who does not want to play football

yeah...unfortunately that is where I'm at with it too. It's one thing to have a guy battling and working his butt off but just miscast or not a fit...that could have been the case it was not a good fit...but throw in the not reporting to camp....hmmm...sounds to me like a malcontent or just doesn't have his head in the game. i'll pass on that unless there is a super good reason for his issues.

I'd still like to know more.   It just seems too night and day in terms of how he was in college and then all of a sudden you're in the pros and you're just straight lazy. I feel like there may be more to the story than what we know.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

Pass, please. Fan response around Nashville has pretty much been "good riddance". The rap on him is that he doesn't seem to have much desire to play. Being listed on the "Reserve -- Did Not Report" list when camp starts is never a good sign. 

For whatever it's worth, of all the arguments that anyone can make,  "fan response" is perhaps my least favorite.     If all 32 teams were run by "fan response"  all 32 teams would go 0-16.    I know that's not mathematically possible,   but it would happen anyway.    Fans are just that dumb.

Not saying you're dumb, Harry.    I'm just almost never a buyer on what fans are selling.

If you want to pass on the player,  that's fine.    No problem with that.

On 7/25/2018 at 3:24 PM, NewColtsFan said:

If all 32 teams were run by "fan response"  all 32 teams would go 0-16.    I know that's not mathematically possible,   but it would happen anyway.    Fans are just that dumb.

LOL

They might all go 0-0-16.