Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Is Cutting Manning Accepting 2 Losing Seasons?

oldunclemark

Its amazing to me that people are having such a hard time with the thoughts of having another bad season or 2. It happens to every team at some point. If it were up to the fans our roster we be stuck with a bunch of forty something yr. old has beens and praying they could actually keep making us a super bowl contender every yr.. Players get old just like the rest of the world and teams have to decide for the fans when its time to move on because fans are clearly incapable of making rational decisions when it comes to their hero's.

Yeah I agree with a couple years. However I do think it is a possibility the Colts might also surprise people next year. Some seem to think they will just eternally suck forever - :tvsmash:

Given the age/health/and cap issues on this team I am not sure we are going to be a championship contender even with Peyton. We have only won one the last 13-14 seasons with a much better roster.

I think if there was a very good chance this team could be 12-14 win ball club, then maybe you keep everyone and go for it. But I just truly dont see it, I see 8-10 wins even with Peyton. You can only do so much through the draft and if we pay peyton we wont have any left to sign any free agents.

...The Colts?

Or do you not understand what 'at this juncture' means.

Excuse you, I know what I meant. Thanks.

My opinion has more to do with the Bengals as a generality, than last seasons Colts product which was an aberration and not a reflection of the talent on the roster. Rather it was a example of how important Peyton is to the Colts and on a more important level, how important decent QB play is for all teams. Curtis Painter single handedly performed poorly enough to create all of this turnover, its sorta kinda like how T.J Yates couldn't beat Indy or do any better than ironically Cincy.

Excuse you, I know what I meant. Thanks.

My opinion has more to do with the Bengals as a generality, than last seasons Colts product which was an aberration and not a reflection of the talent on the roster. Rather it was a example of how important Peyton is to the Colts and on a more important level, how important decent QB play is for all teams. Curtis Painter single handedly performed poorly enough to create all of this turnover, its sorta kinda like how T.J Yates couldn't beat Indy or do any better than ironically Cincy.

No, it's not sorta like how TJ Yates couldn't beat Indy. That was one game. You can't deduce a team's performance based on one game alone. Since the 2011 Bengals went 9-7, and the 2011 Colts went 2-14, and the rosters are, at this juncture, the exact same, then the Cincinnati Bengals are far better than the Indianapolis Colts.

And I don't get your last comment. We beat them both times with TJ as our QB.

I disagree. According to some posters, there are franchise QBs available in every draft.

Thats true, but i have a feeling that this draft is more hype than substance, but i'm just a regular guy with an eye on this game. I dont even come close to the knowledge of some of the posters here including yourself. I have zero to back up my assertions, just a gut feeling. Besides IF luck or whoever we take is as good as promised it looks like a large part of the roster and schemes are going to change. Thats alot for any plate!

Thats true, but i have a feeling that this draft is more hype than substance, but i'm just a regular guy with an eye on this game. I dont even come close to the knowledge of some of the posters here including yourself. I have zero to back up my assertions, just a gut feeling. Besides IF luck or whoever we take is as good as promised it looks like a large part of the roster and schemes are going to change. Thats alot for any plate!

If a large part of our roster and scheme changes, it will all still be just as new to a new QB we draft as our old roster and old schemes. The hurdle is no higher.

No, it's not sorta like how TJ Yates couldn't beat Indy. That was one game. You can't deduce a team's performance based on one game alone. Since the 2011 Bengals went 9-7, and the 2011 Colts went 2-14, and the rosters are, at this juncture, the exact same, then the Cincinnati Bengals are far better than the Indianapolis Colts.

And I don't get your last comment. We beat them both times with TJ as our QB.

You enjoy going in circles ehh?

The Bengals stink on ice and couldnt beat a T.J Yates led team, yet Dan Orlovsky on the 2-14 team did beat the Texans. So as it stands "at this juncture" Cincy didn't get a win against Balitimore and Pittsburgh in fact did they beat anyone over .500 last year.

Indy with good QB play will be better than you think.

You enjoy going in circles ehh?

The Bengals stink on ice and couldnt beat a T.J Yates led team, yet Dan Orlovsky on the 2-14 team did beat the Texans. So as it stands "at this juncture" Cincy didn't get a win against Balitimore and Pittsburgh in fact did they beat anyone over .500 last year.

Indy with good QB play will be better than you think.

That's it. You really don't know what it means.

And by the way we won those games because our TEAM was good...

Roethlisberger went 14-1 as a rookie, and the Steelers lost in the AFCG.

A huge difference between the team he was playing on and what Andrew Luck. Luck will be asked to do more than Roethlisberger was as a rookie because BBR had an outstanding running game, and the #1 defense..

you can thank the Polians awesome drafting for that.

That's it. You really don't know what it means.

And by the way we won those games because our TEAM was good...

No, cincy is bad, and stop thinking you know everything. It will serve your stated goal of being a realist more accurately, and some what more honestly.

Your point is nebulous, because you haven't given any consideration to how much worse Painter is thansay, any QB. It's critical when evaluating teams, not neccsarly talent on a roster. I also dont share your "opinion", and because I've provided examples you've decided to ignore in order to advance minuscule point with no real significance. I don't think the Bengals, T.J Yates or Curtis Painter are any good. There, my thoughts on this.

No, cincy is bad, and stop thinking you know everything. It will serve your stated goal of being a realist more accurately, and some what more honestly.

Your point is nebulous, because you haven't given any consideration to how much worse Painter is thansay, any QB. It's critical when evaluating teams, not neccsarly talent on a roster. I also dont share your "opinion", and because I've provided examples you've decided to ignore in order to advance minuscule point with no real significance. I don't think the Bengals, T.J Yates or Curtis Painter are any good. There, my thoughts on this.

I'm gonna leave you alone for now. You've much bigger things to occupy your time.

Clark cold be cut if Manning does not stay (he could be cut if he does but that's not likely to me)

You have 'no problem" with 3 or 4 wins.

2 losing seasons wont hurt?

There's no guarantee the outcome is winning.

But I understand what you're saying.....reconstructive surgery

yeah i may have over done it with 2 losing seasons not hurting lol. but im kinda putting this past season as the first season and the upcoming season as the 2nd season... but aslong as it leads to winning and getting more superbowl wins im fine with it as should most of the colt fans. guess time will only tell

Different senerio then in 98. We were so bad for so many years before 98, take away a 2 decent years with Captian Comeback, that the team had alot of early draft picks playing and was bound to get better. We are in a position now that if you get rid of our key players players, especially our star QB, we are going to be rebuilding for years. IMO

yeah although it is a different scenerio, i believe Luck could be as good if not alittle better then manning. even if he isnt up to mannings playing abilities i believe Luck could carry this team by 2013 2014 the latest. but we wont really know, and time will tell