Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Greg Cosell - scouting reports on some of the top players in the 2018 NFL draft

This is some great content by Cosell here. Short, yet detailed and to the point reports on some of the players the Colts might pick this year. Those are reports by an talent evaluator and analyst with decades of experience in NFL films. You usually have to pay for this type of content in the form of draft guides but he's posting them for free on his twitter feed. I will be posting the ones he releases as they come in this thread... 

First off, Saquon Barkley:

aYw1unL.jpg

Bradley Chubb:

n2kO5FK.jpg

Josh Allen:

Daw2F_7WAAAfwqg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff. Read the Barkley, Chubb and Edmunds breakdowns. Only thing I disagreed with was Edmunds being slow to the run. I saw the opposite, with him overcommiting at times, and when he read it correctly, attacking. 

• Like 1

So basically Barkley is a 235 pound outside soft runner and the weaknesses of Chubb, not a true bender and you wouldn't call him sudden or explosive for an edge rusher , makes him sound like Bjoern Werner.

Every day it seems like Smith at #6 would be the smart move.

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

So basically Barkley is a 235 pound outside soft runner and the weaknesses of Chubb, not a true bender and you wouldn't call him sudden or explosive for an edge rusher , makes him sound like Bjoern Werner.

Every day it seems like Smith at #6 would be the smart move.

I would have to go with Edmunds over Smith because of his ability to line up anywhere over the defensive line.