Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If They Totally Bone This Up

chrisfarley

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History: Peyton (except for 2 seasons) was good to great.

Going forward:

1) Peyton = ??? unknown ability to throw at NFL level, rehabbing from multiple neck surgeries, and will be 36 years old this upcoming season.

2) Rookie QB = ??? unknown translation to the NFL level. However scouting has shown high capability, and will be in 22 or 23 for the upcoming season.

Question: Which option would be best for a rebuilding team with new coaches, new defensive scheme, and possibly a new offensive scheme?

I choose option 2.

History: Peyton (except for 2 seasons) was good to great.

Going forward:

1) Peyton = ??? unknown ability to throw at NFL level, rehabbing from multiple neck surgeries, and will be 36 years old this upcoming season.

2) Rookie QB = ??? unknown translation to the NFL level. However scouting has shown high capability, and will be in 22 or 23 for the upcoming season.

Question: Which option would be best for a rebuilding team with new coaches, new defensive scheme, and possibly a new offensive scheme?

I choose option 2.

There is an option 3 which is keep both...and with some restructuring on the team it is possible...even if not likely. Even with that said Option A is not accurate because we would have a whole slew of draft picks this year and next to rebuild with...and any one of those could be used on a qb this year or more likely next year when there will be a deeper qb draft.

There is an option 3 which is keep both...and with some restructuring on the team it is possible...even if not likely. Even with that said Option A is not accurate because we would have a whole slew of draft picks this year and next to rebuild with...and any one of those could be used on a qb this year or more likely next year when there will be a deeper qb draft.

I think keeping both PM and Luck is a bad idea.

No matter how many picks you get from trading the #1 overall pick, none of them will help make PM's nerve regenerate, nor will any of them make PM immune from aging. Therefore, the first option was accurate.

Picking a lower-rated QB this draft or next year's draft to replace PM just makes the probability of success go down.

I think keeping both PM and Luck is a bad idea.

No matter how many picks you get from trading the #1 overall pick, none of them will help make PM's nerve regenerate, nor will any of them make PM immune from aging. Therefore, the first option was accurate.

Picking a lower-rated QB this draft or next year's draft to replace PM just makes the probability of success go down.

you're right, there is no legal anti-aging or reverse aging drug.

No one is implying that Peyton isn't getting older simply that many enjoy watching the show he puts on and would like to witness it for a few more years. If that means Luck sits than that is ok...or if we move Luck for several other players that fill holes that we have all over our defense and soon to be receiving core than perhaps a lesser qb is ok. I for one would be ok to build a defense and watch them fly all over the field just as much as watching Luck throw the ball. I am not saying I won't be ok with one or the other but simply that there is nothing wrong with taking a lesser qb prospect this year or next year. All I know is now we have seen Peyton throwing and throwing quite well. That ability and knowledge is impossible to replace and would be valuable to share with our next qb...hopefully Luck but whomever backs him up.