Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sheldon Richardson signs with the Vikings.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

vWYKJ.gif

I never wanted him. He's a good player, but he's not worth the off field headache.

Yeah, I am not a fan of Richardson. Hopefully he will stay out of trouble.

2 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

One year deal. Don't know the details.

It is a one-year deal worth $11 million.

The Vikings are deviating from what made them a talented team which was drafting, developing, and retaining good players. They had mostly stayed away from signing high-priced free agents like Cousins and Richardson. I hope we don't sign any more unless it is to improve the OL.

18 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Yeah, I am not a fan of Richardson. Hopefully he will stay out of trouble.

It is a one-year deal worth $11 million.

The Vikings are deviating from what made them a talented team which was drafting, developing, and retaining good players. They had mostly stayed away from signing high-priced free agents like Cousins and Richardson. I hope we don't sign any more unless it is to improve the OL.

Sounds just like another certain team is trying to follow the Vikings past pattern. I'm curious what your thoughts are regarding Cousins.

57 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Sounds just like another certain team is trying to follow the Vikings past pattern. I'm curious what your thoughts are regarding Cousins.

I like the past pattern haha. It seems that teams that win free agency usually don't fare too well in the following season. 

As for Cousins, I don't believe he is that much better than the three quarterbacks that we had. He is a mid-tier QB. If Bradford or Teddy did not have their knee problems, I believe the Vikings would have re-signed one of them. They seemed to like Bradford the most of the three but his degenerative knee problem was too much of a risk. Losing Teddy to the Jets is difficult for Coach Zimmer -- he loved Teddy and said a few weeks ago that he wished Teddy continues his career with him. But Teddy wants to start.

I believe the decision to sign Cousins was the owners' decision. They see an opportunity to win the Super Bowl (or Superb Owl as Vikes fans call it) and want to take advantage of that now. They hired John Defilippo to be the OC. He was the QB coach for the Eagles last year. All those moves show that they are pulling out all the stops to win a SB next year. I hope it happens.