Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Allen The 2018 Colts Starting QB + MVP

2018 Draft  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Draft Josh Allen 2018 NFL MVP

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/2018 at 06:13 PM

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Luck has been to a AFC Title Championship Game, set the Rookie record for most Passing Yards, and is 1 of 8 QB's in NFL history to throw for 40 or more TD's in a season. Yeah OK.

Blake Bortles went to an AFC title game and threw 30 Tds one year? Is he also the GOAT as per your equation?

1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

I'll give you that going against the consensus on the forum can face backlash that isn't always warranted HR. 

Here's what I'm sick of...INDY fans who think Luck is DOA simply because he didn't play at all last yr. [I'm not placing you in this category Hector]

But, this notion that the Colts need to draft another QB is freaking insane. Chewbacca isn't done. You don't throw an elite QB away who got us to the AFC Championship Game in 2015. No need to break the glass. 

Look SW1, I respect your opinion on this matter, I am just highlighting an option - possibly with too much enthusiasm. 

I just can't believe the words of Jim Irsay until I see Luck throw a football.

I will happily eat crow

Peace out

4 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

I'll give you that going against the consensus on the forum can face backlash that isn't always warranted HR. 

Here's what I'm sick of...INDY fans who think Luck is DOA simply because he didn't play at all last yr. [I'm not placing you in this category Hector]

But, this notion that the Colts need to draft another QB is freaking insane. Chewbacca isn't done. You don't throw an elite QB away who got us to the AFC Championship Game in 2015. No need to break the glass. 

Ballard is the man, Canada is cold, Josh Allen won’t be the greatest of all time and Andrew Luck is coming back with a vengeance.

These are things I’m certain of in life.

1 minute ago, Alex22 said:

Blake Bortles went to an AFC title game and threw 30 Tds one year? Is he also the GOAT as per your equation?

30 and 40 is a huge difference. That is why only 8 have done it = 40 or more. #2 Bortles had the best Defense in the league and Luck had one of the worst when they did it. Hey man if you think Allen will be better than Luck and Peyton more power to you. That is your opinion like Hector said.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

30 and 40 is a huge difference. That is why only 8 have done it = 40 or more. #2 Bortles had the best Defense in the league and Luck had one of the worst when they did it. Hey man if you think Allen will be better than Luck and Peyton more power to you. That is your opinion like Hector said.

how do you guys keep ur cool to these threads this guy made the poll to both yes over a QB that went to a JC and got 1 offer from Wyoming 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Another one of these threads :facepalm:. I think Luck will come back and not only come back but be a 10 Top QB in the league again. People in here that are giving up on Luck will be proven wrong, JMO. He may be rusty the 1st month of the season but after that look out. We need Defense, O.Line, and another RB.

...so pretty much everything but a QB haha 

6 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

how do you guys keep ur cool to these threads this guy made the poll to both yes over a QB that went to a JC and got 1 offer from Wyoming 

Carson Wentz went to North Dakota 

2 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

I am just an old man anymore but these kind of threads do get on my nerves haha. Luck when healthy is a sensational QB and has done a lot for us already history wise. I still speak my mind at times but even when I do that, I have someone like Hector say I am belittling someone. So I cant win for losing. In reality I should really respect everyone's opinion because everyone is different. I just like to debate too much at times is my problem when I think someone is wrong lmao 

I am just an old man anymore but these kind of threads do get on my nerves haha. Luck when healthy is a sensational QB and has done a lot for us already history wise. I still speak my mind at times but even when I do that, I have someone like Hector say I am belittling someone. So I cant win for losing. In reality I should really respect everyone's opinion because everyone is different. I just like to debate too much at times is my problem when I think someone is wrong lmao 

I love arguing on this forum especially over nonsense like this I posted in a topic a few days ago luck would have an MVP caliber season 

2 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Carson Wentz went to North Dakota 

He also tore it up and was a day 1 starter in Philly. Allen is gonna flare out of this league faster than you are gonna give me a meaningless comeback to my response

Y'all only have the argument of he is 5th best QB or he went to Wyoming. Tom GOAT Brady was a 6th round pick. 

Josh Allen will dominate this league make no mistake. 

Would you trade 20 years of Brady the GOAT for 5 of Luck the average?

Look SW1, I respect your opinion on this matter, I am just highlighting an option - possibly with too much enthusiasm. 

I just can't believe the words of Jim Irsay until I see Luck throw a football.

I will happily eat crow

Peace out

It's fine Alex. I'm not mad at you personally. I just don't understand why some fans think another QB is even necessary to draft. I'm not targeting anybody to harass here. People can disagree or share viewpoints seen as controversial. Luck will be fine. 

Look, I know sometimes I can tick people off & come at them like a blitzkrieg attack when I think a fan's assessment is flawed, misguided, & premature in scope. You are entitled to your POV & I'm often wrong a lot on my football predictions. I just think we need to help Luck with either a pass rusher, lineman, or RB that will give him confidence & starting over with another QB would be an unnecessary & catastrophic mistake longterm. Don't abandon a submarine simply because a torpedo hit your U-boat & water's coming in. INDY will survive & thrive under Luck. Stay the course. 

We're fine Alex. I know you wanna win rings as bad as I do & we will with Andrew. Hang in there. 

Man, half the fun in sports is debating and getting on each other’s case. If I can’t tell someone their opinion sucks when it’s that outrageous, what’s the point of this site?

Joseph Addai was way better than Jim Brown , just my opinion. Don’t belittle me!

Just now, Alex22 said:

Y'all only have the argument of he is 5th best QB or he went to Wyoming. Tom GOAT Brady was a 6th round pick. 

You calling Luck average? my oh my you can not evaluate talent well and don't give TB any credit he is a system QB and I would take Johnny football over that guy in New England:lol:

1 minute ago, Trueman said:

Man, half the fun in sports is debating and getting on each other’s case. If I can’t tell someone their opinion sucks when it’s that outrageous, what’s the point of this site?

Joseph Addai was way better than Jim Brown , just my opinion. Don’t belittle me!

This guy prob thought Greg Toler was a lockdown corner :headspin:the thread creator not u

1 minute ago, lance_m8 said:

You calling Luck average? my oh my you can not evaluate talent well and don't give TB any credit he is a system QB and I would take Johnny football over that guy in New England:lol:

So 5 rings to none and Luck is better than Brady? You need to wash your eyes out with soap 

2 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Brady the GOAT and Luck is Average - Hector I am right yet? Luck isn't Average for one and #2 Peyton is just as Great as Brady ever was.

Just now, lance_m8 said:

First off that would burn my eyes Secondly you are a "Colts Fan" drooling over Brady go join a Patriots forum

I'm just an unbiased Colts fan. There is no way Luck is better than Brady at this point in time 

Brady the GOAT and Luck is Average - Hector I am right yet? Luck isn't Average for one and #2 Peyton is just as Great as Brady ever was.

Peyton is the greatest regular season QB ever and Tb should have 2 rings at most

3 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

I'm just an unbiased Colts fan. There is no way Luck is better than Brady at this point in time 

Nobody thinks Luck is better than Brady. Luck isn't Average though - that is what you keep saying and it's ridiculous. Peyton is just as great as Brady though, you can say 5-2 in Rings but Peyton has 5 MVP's and never had BB

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nobody thinks Luck is better than Brady. Luck isn't Average though - that is what you keep you saying and it's ridiculous. Peyton is just as great as Brady though, you can say 5-2 in Rings but Peyton has 5 MVP's and never had BB

Peyton is 2-2 in SB should've beat the saints with average at best D's

Brady is 5-3 with one win by the Falcons and Seahawks blowing the games and Vinny kicking a game winner brady has also had top 10 D's multiple times even top 5 

Screw the rings argument , I’m tired of it. 

I’ve watched every game both of them played. All of them.

Peyton was just better than Brady. It’s not a coincidence that once he moved to Denver Brady/Bill couldn’t beat him.

Just now, Trueman said:

Peyton was just better than Brady. It’s not a coincidence that once he moved to Denver Brady/Bill couldn’t beat him.

Exactly what did Peyton do when he had a good defense he tore up the record books

Just now, lance_m8 said:

Peyton is 2-2 in SB should've beat the saints with average at best D's

Brady is 5-3 with one win by the saints and Seahawks blowing the games and Vinny kicking a game winner brady has also had top 10 D's multiple times even top 5 

Peyton won with 2 different teams/Coaches, Tommy never won without BB that is another win for Peyton. Ok this has turned into a Peyton vs Tom thing now, sorry for the off topic stuff. Back to Andrew - he isn't Average, he is Very Good, not Great yet but Very Good. Just needs to get healthy.

4 minutes ago, Trueman said:

2012[11] October 7 New England Patriots 31–21 Denver Broncos Gillette Stadium - 9–4 (2–1)
2013[11] November 24 New England Patriots 34–31 (OT) Denver Broncos Gillette Stadium - 10–4 (2–1)
2014[11] January 19 Denver Broncos 26–16 New England Patriots Sports Authority Field at Mile High AFC Championship 10–5 (2–2)
2014[12] November 2 New England Patriots 43–21 Denver Broncos Gillette Stadium - 11–5 (2–2)
2016 January 24 Denver Broncos 20–18 New England Patriots Sports Authority Field at Mile High AFC Championship 11–6 (2–3)

Is this even an argument? 

Yeah I like Peyton - but Brady usually got the best of him. 

Keep in mind Brady never had an Edge or Marvin. 

Brady just got it done in the end 

Peyton won with 2 different teams/Coaches, Tommy never won without BB that is another win for Peyton. Ok this has turned into a Peyton vs Tom thing now, sorry for the off topic stuff. Back to Andrew - he isn't Average, he is Very Good, not Great yet but Very Good. Just needs to get healthy.

Luck with a top 10 Defense and a healthy arm with a solid line might be the scariest thing the league has seen

I think he is Elite definitely top 5 QB 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Well my point if you missed it was - what if he never gets healthy? 

Have you seen him throw a football? 

2012[11] October 7 New England Patriots 31–21 Denver Broncos Gillette Stadium - 9–4 (2–1)
2013[11] November 24 New England Patriots 34–31 (OT) Denver Broncos Gillette Stadium - 10–4 (2–1)
2014[11] January 19 Denver Broncos 26–16 New England Patriots Sports Authority Field at Mile High AFC Championship 10–5 (2–2)
2014[12] November 2 New England Patriots 43–21 Denver Broncos Gillette Stadium - 11–5 (2–2)
2016 January 24 Denver Broncos 20–18 New England Patriots Sports Authority Field at Mile High AFC Championship 11–6 (2–3)

Which ones mattered? Oh yeah the ones Peyton won and the OT game they got lucky the punt hit a bronco

Peyton 3-1 vs Brady in Championship games. What is your comeback for that?