Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Allen The 2018 Colts Starting QB + MVP

2018 Draft  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Draft Josh Allen 2018 NFL MVP

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/09/2018 at 06:13 PM

2 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Well my point if you missed it was - what if he never gets healthy? 

Have you seen him throw a football? 

No I haven't as much as I think I know what is going on, I haven't seen that or heard that yet. I guess until we do we wont know without 100% certainty that Luck is back on track. I get your worries because many others worry too.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No I haven't as much as I think I know what is going on, I haven't seen that or heard that yet. I guess until we do we wont know without 100% certainty that Luck is back on track. I get your worries because many others worry too.

Uh - huh 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Jacoby is better than Josh Allen so worst case scenario I see Brissett being better of an option than any QB in this draft 

51 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

I like Luck but he has yet to win anything Crazycolt. I believe you also vehemently defended Ryan Grigson. 

If you don't think Luck has won anything then you suffer from a lack of knowledge of what something is in the NFL is.

Before Luck got injured he set just about every record known for a three year QB. He made how many pro bowls his 1st. three years? And then got snubbed in the 2017 pro bowl.

As far as the Grigson thing I did defend him in his first four seasons. I ended up being wrong. So what? I guess you never been wrong?  The reason Grigson was defended because the Colts went from 2-14 to three 11-5 seasons and made the AFC championship game. He was voted the GM of the year his first year. If that is not understandable then sorry, you have no clue.

Did you bring up Grison for a reason? Was it just to antagonize me?  Well it didn't. I am man enough to admit I was wrong.

We will see if you are come the time.

Just now, tvturner said:

I'm 100% convinced you haven't watched any film or Allen, Mayfield, or any of these prospects

TBH IMO all of the prospects this year do not shine to me besides Mayfield I don't think any of them will be a starter in this league for 10 years

34 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Y'all only have the argument of he is 5th best QB or he went to Wyoming. Tom GOAT Brady was a 6th round pick. 

Josh Allen will dominate this league make no mistake. 

Would you trade 20 years of Brady the GOAT for 5 of Luck the average?

Luck average? :troll:

24 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

2012[11] October 7 New England Patriots 31–21 Denver Broncos Gillette Stadium - 9–4 (2–1)
2013[11] November 24 New England Patriots 34–31 (OT) Denver Broncos Gillette Stadium - 10–4 (2–1)
2014[11] January 19 Denver Broncos 26–16 New England Patriots Sports Authority Field at Mile High AFC Championship 10–5 (2–2)
2014[12] November 2 New England Patriots 43–21 Denver Broncos Gillette Stadium - 11–5 (2–2)
2016 January 24 Denver Broncos 20–18 New England Patriots Sports Authority Field at Mile High AFC Championship 11–6 (2–3)

Is this even an argument? 

Yeah I like Peyton - but Brady usually got the best of him. 

Keep in mind Brady never had an Edge or Marvin. 

Brady just got it done in the end 

Is what an argument? Peyton was 2-0 in the playoffs. Which is what I was referring to.

What people fail to realize is that , while Peyton had better skill players on offense , that’s all he had an advantage with. And unfortunately, that doesn’t win playoff games. Not in Foxborough, not against Cowher’s Steelers. No chance.

It’s much better for a great QB to have an all-time great head coach, a fantastic defence and a very-good to great OL. Much better.

You put Manning on the Patriots during that time and I think they do just as well if not better. You give us Brady? Nah, we aren’t even close to challenging Bill and Peyton. They would murder us.

The funny thing about this is, I actually agree with you about Josh Allen, I really like the kid.

But, the idea that we should draft him with Luck and Brissett already in tow, is just ridiculous. This team needs way too much at this point to pass on these other players who will actually fill needs, just in case Luck doesn't recover from this. And people forget, his sitting out last year could have just been the best thing for all involved. Because if Luck did have to play last year, we probably would be talking about drafting Josh Allen. It gives Ballard two off seasons to improve his supporting cast, which I think he has done well so far. And it also allows him to get fully healthy, clean up his mechanics, and study the game from a completely different perspective. 

I feel like we are gonna see a new and improved Andrew Luck. A wiser and much more calculated QB. And honestly if hes even 80% of what he was physically, I'd still take him over Josh Allen. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Is what an argument? Peyton was 2-0 in the playoffs. Which is what I was referring to.

What people fail to realize is that , while Peyton had better skill players on offense , that’s all he had an advantage with. And unfortunately, that doesn’t win playoff games. Not in Foxborough, not against Cowher’s Steelers. No chance.

It’s much better for a great QB to have an all-time great head coach, a fantastic defence and a very-good to great OL. Much better.

You put Manning on the Patriots during that time and I think they do just as well if not better. You give us Brady? Nah, we aren’t even close to challenging Bill and Peyton. They would murder us.

I can see why people say Brady is the GOAT, 5 Rings, etc. but Peyton was actually 3-1 vs his teams in the Playoffs. Peyton winning that 2nd Ring with a different team really got under a lot of Patriots fans skin because at that point they really couldn't call him a choke anymore. His Playoff record also went to 14-13 over .500. That eats at a lot of them. Yeah they still can say 8 one and done's blah blah but they know deep down calling a 2-time SB winner a choke is dumb. Only 11 other QB's in the 52 seasons of the SB have won 2 or more, so if he's a choke than every QB that has ever played is except Brady, Montana, Bradshaw, and Aikman. Those are the only 4 that have won more than 2.

I know it's off topic but many don't know how tough it is just to win 2 SB's as a starting QB in that game. Tom Brady winning 5 will never happen again - he's also lost 3, Joe Montana won 4, Terrence Bradshaw won 4, and Troy Aikman 3. Those 4 QB's have had such Great FO's/Coaches and Great Defenses to help those QB's though. The others that have won at least 2 for the most part are just HOFame QB's other than Jim Plunkett but Plunkett had Marcus Allen carry him to that 2nd SB win.

Others with just 2:

Peyton

Eli Manning - He will make the HOFame based on being MVP in both his wins

Big Ben - Easily a HOFamer, has the numbers

John Elway - HOFamer

Jim Plunkett him self lmao 

Roger Staubach - HOFamer

Bob Griese - HOFamer

Bart Starr - HOFamer

-This is a very short list of special QB's. If it was so easy to win more than 1 why didn't Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, or Donavan McNabb just win 1? Why hasn't Steve Young, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees won more than 1 as a starter?

-If Andrew Luck wins 1 here in Indy I would be thrilled because he got his Ring but 2 is always the Elite number to me. Russell Wilson has won 1 but IMO he will never win another one. He won with an all-time Great Defense and a HOFame RB - The Lightning striking is over for him. Anyone can get lucky and win 1 but if you win 2 that isn't luck and means that QB had a lot to do with it in certain games throughout his career. Joe Flacco will never win another one either IMO - he had Ray. Just like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson only won 1 because lightning struck once and they had all-time Great Defenses for 1 season. For Nick Foles this past season, lightning struck but he will never start and win in another SB, JMO watch and see. Wentz will come back and be their guy. Cam Newton's lightning struck in 2015, problem was it missed the target. I never see him winning 1 actually.

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

I'll give you that going against the consensus on the forum can face backlash that isn't always warranted HR. 

Here's what I'm sick of...INDY fans who think Luck is DOA simply because he didn't play at all last yr. [I'm not placing you in this category Hector]

But, this notion that the Colts need to draft another QB is freaking insane. Chewbacca isn't done. You don't throw an elite QB away who got us to the AFC Championship Game in 2015. No need to break the glass. 

I don't think anybody wants to throw Luck away. But he's missed like 23 games in last 2 seasons. And last we heard he still isn't throwing a football. Some fans are not so optimistic about our future with him and understandably so.

And then here comes along this prospect that is young, healthy,  hungry to succeed and can throw the football 90 yards! So it's not that far fetched, imo, that a colt fan would want a potential star QB as insurance incase Luck is not available. 

Let's just say for some reason Luck's comeback is not successful. And we all know its not a 100% certainly it will be. What makes more sense leading us to a Hopefully super bowl, a Guard & Brisset? Or a potential stud QB with a Big Arm? 

Personally I'm curious about Allen and will be watching him whoever drafts him. But he's a gamble and I think maybe Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold are safer prospects. 

I EXPECT we draft Chubb or trade down and Luck will be back and HOPEFULLY be healthy for a long time. 

But I can't blame any fans for not having 100% confidence that Luck will be there for us both short and long term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know it's off topic but many don't know how tough it is just to win 2 SB's as a starting QB in that game. Tom Brady winning 5 will never happen again - he's also lost 3, Joe Montana won 4, Terrence Bradshaw won 4, and Troy Aikman 3. Those 4 QB's have had such Great FO's/Coaches and Great Defenses to help those QB's though. The others that have won at least 2 for the most part are just HOFame QB's other than Jim Plunkett but Plunkett had Marcus Allen carry him to that 2nd SB win.

Others with just 2:

Peyton

Eli Manning - He will make the HOFame based on being MVP in both his wins

Big Ben - Easily a HOFamer, has the numbers

John Elway - HOFamer

Jim Plunkett him self lmao 

Roger Staubach - HOFamer

Bob Griese - HOFamer

Bart Starr - HOFamer

-This is a very short list of special QB's. If it was so easy to win more than 1 why didn't Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts, Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, or Donavan McNabb just win 1? Why hasn't Steve Young, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers or Drew Brees won more than 1 as a starter?

-If Andrew Luck wins 1 here in Indy I would be thrilled because he got his Ring but 2 is always the Elite number to me. Russell Wilson has won 1 but IMO he will never win another one. He won with an all-time Great Defense and a HOFame RB - The Lightning striking is over for him. Anyone can get lucky and win 1 but if you win 2 that isn't luck and means that QB had a lot to do with it in certain games throughout his career. Joe Flacco will never win another one either IMO - he had Ray. Just like Trent Dilfer and Brad Johnson only won 1 because lightning struck once and they had all-time Great Defenses for 1 season. For Nick Foles this past season, lightning struck but he will never start and win in another SB, JMO watch and see. Wentz will come back and be their guy. Cam Newton's lightning struck in 2015, problem was it missed the target. I never see him winning 1 actually.

So any QB can win with a historic defense right? PM's first was with a pretty darn good defense during the playoffs. PM's second he throws 1 pick and 140 yards. So basically Osweilier could be the champ, and y'all know how bad he is. 

Not saying PM is bad, but he had his chances. This is why people think Brady is better. Maybe he has better coaching but the guy makes plays and doesn't turn the ball over and you can't argue with that.

I always love watching Luck because you know he will give 110% and play a heck of game right til the last second. Maybe that was his downfall though. He doesn't seem to have a first gear he just goes hard too often. 

18 minutes ago, Colton Stenger said:

Josh Allen will be a bust, he wasn't good in college and throwing a football 90 yards doesn't mean anything when you can't hit the broad side of a barn, at best he will be the next Jay Cutler

This is your opinion. However, cutler and Allen are not the same attitude wise. Cutler had the potential to be a better QB than he was but he was too immature. 

58 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

So any QB can win with a historic defense right? PM's first was with a pretty darn good defense during the playoffs. PM's second he throws 1 pick and 140 yards. So basically Osweilier could be the champ, and y'all know how bad he is. 

Not saying PM is bad, but he had his chances. This is why people think Brady is better. Maybe he has better coaching but the guy makes plays and doesn't turn the ball over and you can't argue with that.

I always love watching Luck because you know he will give 110% and play a heck of game right til the last second. Maybe that was his downfall though. He doesn't seem to have a first gear he just goes hard too often. 

Yes, all I am saying and history proves it, is you can win once if your team has an historic Defense. I really don't care that Peyton's D played great both times that he won it, he won it twice and it isn't a fluke when you win it twice. You win it once some can say it's a fluke/lucky, twice = NO not a fluke. Peyton actually played Great both times against the Pats he won the SB going through the Pats. If a QB beats the Pats twice that isn't a fluke. He had a Good SB vs the Bears and Average SB against the Panthers but look at his games vs the Pats to get there. His SB numbers vs the Panthers are almost the same as Tom's were vs the Rams and Tom won MVP lmao 

2 hours ago, Colton Stenger said:

Josh Allen will be a bust, he wasn't good in college and throwing a football 90 yards doesn't mean anything when you can't hit the broad side of a barn, at best he will be the next Jay Cutler

I think he'll be bust and he was bad, even terrible in college and I'd be scared as heck to use an early pick on him but I definitely think he has potential to be more than Jay Cutler.. even Jay Cutler had more potential to be what he became.

I'd take Darnold over Allen any day. 

Allen is good. 

Darnold is better. 

So if we're throwing wild opinions out here I'd say let's take Darnold. 

P.S. I believe Luck will be fine and practicing in April. So none of this should matter. 

Sorry, will pass. Accuracy is still an issue with him and QBs with accuracy numbers like his have not projected well to the NFL. Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell had great arms too, doesn't matter to me. Plus, I do not think we need to plan for life after Luck yet, even if he misses a part of the season (there, I said it), I do not believe Luck is done (which should be the premise for the end of this thread).

I do advocate getting an accurate QB later in the draft like Luke Faulk, maybe in rounds 3 or 4 to compete with Brissett and even Brissett, with a whole TC under him, would surprise us.

So many factors going against this idea. Ballard has always said it is never about 1 guy and he is right. RW and Brady won during their early years with more assistance from a complete team and a complete team in the trenches plus a competent defense is what Ballard will focus on.

7 hours ago, Finball said:

I think he'll be bust and he was bad, even terrible in college and I'd be scared as heck to use an early pick on him but I definitely think he has potential to be more than Jay Cutler.. even Jay Cutler had more potential to be what he became.

Exactly with Cutler everyone was fascinated with his big arm yet he wasn't accurate, Allen will be the same