Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if Jim says screw it!

Jackie Daytona

Not likely to happen, but we all know Irsay likes to make a splash, and doesn't enjoy being the butt of league-wide jokes.....  what if he says enough is enough after the last few years of messing about, and dumps silly money to get what he considers a big-name face-saving head coaching hire?  

I'd be ultra surprised if he was able to get anybody great right now.  Otherwise, he'd have already gone down that road.  Again, I don't think McDaniels was all that great of a candidate, I just think he was MAYBE the best of a weak field.  This may become a blessing for Indy down the line.

1 minute ago, ReMeDy said:

Wouldn't someone from the Eagles make sense? The fact we waited so long is a blessing in the sense no team was willing to wait so long like we did for a HC'ing replacement, so let's get Reich, or something.

Reich makes sense now. 

2 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Wouldn't someone from the Eagles make sense? The fact we waited so long is a blessing in the sense no team was willing to wait so long like we did for a HC'ing replacement, so let's get Reich, or something.

Ya honestly none of the eagles coaches were on the radar for anyone, but after seeing them win the Super Bowl without their franchise QB and changing their offense in a matter of weeks to fit their new QB, I’d think some of the teams regret not hiring one of these guys