Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saquon Barkley is a Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders Hybrid! You don't pass on that period!

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Hear me out, we have 85 Million in cap, we can grab Norwell and overpay if necessary. ..As far as edge rushers Lawrence from Cowboys or Ziggy Ansah will be available we can get 1, and with eberflous as DC we have inside track on Lawrence...If it all works out we can sign Norwell, resign Mewhort...Sign Lawrence or Ansah as edge..Sign Robinson, Watkins, Amendola, Pryor, or Landry or 2 of them..Draft the MONSTER Barkley,  draft best ILB IN 2nd rd...Resign Melvin, Vinatieri,Desir and watch out...RT can be drafted, signed, or worked out between Clark, Haeg, and Goode..Haeg is a keeper regardless because of versatility. .If we have chance to draft Barkley and pass it will haunt this franchise for a long time, unless we somehow manage to sign Bell, and draft Chubb or Fitzpatrick which is the backup plan...

When I saw the title of the thread,  I immediately wondered who would even think such a thing?

I have to confess,  I had several possible candidates,   but you were number one.

Dear God,   it's amazing what you come up with sometimes....             :facepalm:

How is it that your title states that Barkley is Bo/Barry hybrid and you don't spend a single sentence,  not even a single word defending such nonsense?!?      That's a very JShipp thing to do.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's relevant because this proves a DE can have no affect on winning no matter how great his talent is. People say that about RB's on here, well I just gave everyone the best example possible of a DE that had 0 outcome on any game.

Making yourself look bad here. It’s the Cleveland browns. This is so irrelevant. Their defense wasn’t the problem, Kizer is terrible. 

He had 7 sacks through 11 games. 

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Barkley or Fitz or die.....Lawrence or ANSAH  WONT cost a pick

Lawrence isn't getting out of Dallas, they will tag him ... even if they don't you are talking crazy money for a guy with back issues and a drug suspension.

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

When I saw the title of the thread,  I immediately wondered who would even think such a thing.

I have to confess,  I had several possible candidates,   but you were number one.

Dear God,   it's amazing what you come up with sometimes....             :facepalm:

How is it that your title states that Barkley is Bo/Barry hybrid and you don't spend a single sentence,  not even a single word defending such nonsense?!?      That's a very JShipp thing to do.

Watch the tape ncf..give  me your comparison..smh

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When I saw the title of the thread,  I immediately wondered who would even think such a thing?

Okay..Barry Sanders wiggle, and Bo Jackson power and speed. .Pretty easy..

20 minutes ago, Andrew Luck fan club said:

Not a big fan of Ansah. Lawrence would be awesome. But the chance of Lawrence hitting FA is slim to none, because Dallas knows how hard it is to get a pass rusher. Even with their little cap space, they’ll find a way to keep him. 

The patriots have had great ranked defenses every year they’ve won. 

Saquon is not a generational talent. He is very talented yes, but I personally think Gurley and Zeke were better. 

How Myles Garret performed in Cleveland is irrelevant. He was raw anyways, drafted for his traits and potential.  7 sacks as a rookie isn’t bad though, I don’t think he started all 16 games. 

If we draft Barkley I won’t bash it, I’ll accept it. Like I said he’s really talented. But I’d rather have the great pass rusher. 

Everyone has their own opinion but Barkley is bigger faster and a better receiver then either of those guys. He's never had a major injury(Gurley) or any off the field problems(Zeke). Barkley is recognized as the best RB prospect to come out in recent memory by nearly everyone not just this board.

If Chubb checks out at the combine then he will be part of the decision at 3 if we even stay there.  If it comes down to positional value Chubb is the pick.

I don't see taking a G or any of the OT's in this draft that high. Fitzpatrick probably warrants consideration. There is a very good chance we draft Barkley. 

I'm not sure why anyone would be so against getting a 230lb guy who runs a 4.3 40 that our new coach would make sure touches the ball 20+ times a game. The guy can go the distance anytime he touches it. He takes pressure off Luck and will help the D stay off the field. 

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Clowney is injury prone though and Bosa is Good but nowhere Great. Garrett didn't have a Great Rookie year so we will see. 7 Sacks and 0-16, just posting facts.

You're not posting the right facts.

Fact:    Joey Bosa had 10.5 sacks his rookie year.     In just 12 games!     Hello!?!

Fact:    Joey Bosa had 12.5 more sacks this year.      That's 23 sacks in his first 27 NFL games.    I think I read that that is a record for the start of a career.

Bosa has been tremendous.   Far better than anyone --- including the Chargers --- thought he'd be.

Those are the facts that you're missing.

15 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Lets say Luck is 100% healthy next yr combined with Barkley opposed to no Barkley and Chubb? Which scenario you choose?

12 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Watch the tape ncf..give  me your comparison..smh

I'd put Barkley in the same company as Elliott and Gurley.    If you want to say Barkley is better,  I'm fine with that.   Really,  totally OK.      But they're all similar.    Roughly 6'0" and 225-230.   

But to compare them with Bo and Barry?     No.     Not yet at least.     I'm not ready to put him in that category.

That's elite company.      You have to earn your way into that class.    It's not just reputation and opinion.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I'd put Barkley in the same company as Elliott and Gurley.    If you want to say Barkley is better,  I'm fine with that.   Really,  totally OK.      But they're all similar.    Roughly 6'0" and 225-230.   

But to compare them with Bo and Barry?     No.     Not yet at least.     I'm not ready to put him in that category.

That's elite company.      You have to earn your way into that class.    It's not just reputation and opinion.

I agree, but I see what i see

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Lets say Luck is 100% healthy next yr combined with Barkley opposed to no Barkley and Chubb? Which scenario you choose?

The Colts have so many other more pressing needs,  and this is yet another great class of RB's.     I'm not taking Barkley because I want to address other more important needs.      I'll take a very good running back later.

He may not be Barkley,  but he'll be good enough.

I'm looking to build a great defense,  a great O-line,  and more playmakers around Luck.    I'd like to trade back a few picks and collect more draft picks.      I can't do any of those things if I'm taking Barkley.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're not posting the right facts.

Fact:    Joey Bosa had 10.5 sacks his rookie year.     In just 12 games!     Hello!?!

Fact:    Joey Bosa had 12.5 more sacks this year.      That's 23 sacks in his first 27 NFL games.    I think I read that that is a record for the start of a career.

Bosa has been tremendous.   Far better than anyone --- including the Chargers --- thought he'd be.

Those are the facts that you're missing.

and the Chargers have missed the Playoffs in both his years. That was what I was trying to point out earlier is that a DE can have little affect on wins and losses. He's another one that proves my point. People relentlessly on here say that RB's have little impact on wins and losses but when I bring up Pass Rushers can as well, people poo poo it. What was Denver's record the last 2 years with the Great Von Miller without Peyton, just another example.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Colts have so many other more pressing needs,  and this is yet another great class of RB's.     I'm not taking Barkley because I want to address other more important needs.      I'll take a very good running back later.

He may not be Barkley,  but he'll be good enough.

I'm looking to build a great defense,  a great O-line,  and more playmakers around Luck.    I'd like to trade back a few picks and collect more draft picks.      I can't do any of those things if I'm taking Barkley.

Well someone will, watch ESPN..

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

and the Chargers have missed the Playoffs in both his years. That was what I was trying to point out earlier is that a DE can have little affect on wins and losses. He's another one that proves my point. People relentlessly on here say that RB's have little impact on wins and losses but when I bring up Pass Rushers do as well, people poo poo it. What was Denver's record the last 2 years with the Great Von Miller without Peyton, just another example.

YEEEEESSSSSS

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

and the Chargers have missed the Playoffs in both his years. That was what I was trying to point out earlier is that a DE can have little affect on wins and losses. He's another one that proves my point. People relentlessly on here say that RB's have little impact on wins and losses but when I bring up Pass Rushers do as well, people poo poo it. What was Denver's record the last 2 years with the Great Von Miller without Peyton, just another example.

You're blaming Bosa for the Chargers not making the playoffs?

Tell me you're kidding?     Please tell me you're kidding?!?

If you think DE have little affect on wins and losses,  then tell it to the NFL.    Because they think otherwise.     All 32 teams think otherwise.      I don't know where in the world you pulled that one from?     

The most important aspect of 2018 NFL Defense is pass rush.    The 2nd most important is great cover corners.   The third most important is interior pass rush up the middle.  

This is NFL 101.     I have no idea why you think otherwise......?

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Well someone will, watch ESPN..

Dear JShipp.

I'm mostly retired and have much free time.

There is no one on this website who watches more ESPN and NFL Network than I do.     And that isn't saying much because most people here think ESPN hates the Colts,  hates Indianapolis and hates the state of Indiana.   So, they don't watch much ESPN.

When I post items that link stories from ESPN, it's typically the first time the issue has been brought to the attention here on the website.     

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Dear JShipp.

I'm mostly retired and have much free time.

There is no one on this website who watches more ESPN and NFL Network than I do.     And that isn't saying much because most people here think ESPN hates the Colts,  hates Indianapolis and hates the state of Indiana.   So, they don't watch much ESPN.

When I post items that link stories from ESPN, it's typically the first time the issue has been brought to the attention here on the website.     

Im saying watch Barkley on espn next yr....lol

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're blaming Bosa for the Chargers not making the playoffs?

Tell me you're kidding?     Please tell me you're kidding?!?

If you think DE have little affect on wins and losses,  then tell it to the NFL.    Because they think otherwise.     All 32 teams think otherwise.      I don't know where in the world you pulled that one from?     

The most important aspect of 2018 NFL Defense is pass rush.    The 2nd most important is great cover corners.   The third most important is interior pass rush up the middle.  

This is NFL 101.     I have no idea why you think otherwise......?

I am not blaming him, you are not getting my point at all. He had 2 Good years and his team still didn't get in the Playoffs. I am using examples to where Pass Rushers aren't the tell all to winning. Drafting a Great RB can help us just as much if he ends up being the next Dickerson or Faulk.

I am not blaming him, you are not getting my point at all. He had 2 Good years and his team still didn't get in the Playoffs. I am using examples to where Pass Rushers aren't the tell all to winning. Drafting a Great RB can help us just as much if he ends up being the next Dickerson or Faulk.

We got a foolish fan base man..they don't get it..

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don't know how to break this to you....

But you just agreed with one of the most poorly thought out posts on this site in a long, long time.

So...    allow me to say.....        NOOOOOOOOO!!

and my Posts aren't thought out poorly so you just need to stop and quit thinking you are smarter than everyone. You are completely missing my point.

This is not 1983 when Dickerson was drafted.

It's not 1994 when Faulk was drafted.

It's 2018 and the NFL has changed.

Yes, a great RB can still make a difference.    But the last 5-10 years have demonstrated that you don't need to draft a RB high to find a great one to help your team.    

I'm not saying anything negative about Barkley.     He'll be great for some team.     I just hope it's another team and not the Colts.    If the Colts were only a great RB away from being great --- THEN I'd jump on him.

But the Colts are so far away from being a very good team that there are too many other pieces that we need much more than a great RB.

That's my story,  and I'm sticking to it.

21 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

and the Chargers have missed the Playoffs in both his years. That was what I was trying to point out earlier is that a DE can have little affect on wins and losses. He's another one that proves my point. People relentlessly on here say that RB's have little impact on wins and losses but when I bring up Pass Rushers can as well, people poo poo it. What was Denver's record the last 2 years with the Great Von Miller without Peyton, just another example.

This is how fantastically screwed up you are....      seriously.

Who was the MVP of the Denver SB winner?      Von Miller.      NOT Peyton Manning.

The Broncos won because of Von Miller.     NOT Peyton Manning.     Miller carried Peyton's offense.

It doesn't matter that Denver didn't win the Super Bowl since Peyton left.    That's not on Von Miller.     It's on the REST OF THE TEAM!      What's the matter with you?!?

Holy Cow!     You just demonstrated how far out of touch with reality you are on this.....

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

and my Posts aren't thought out poorly so you just need to stop and quit thinking you are smarter than everyone. You are completely missing my point.

Scroll down a few posts.      Look for the post about Denver winning the Super Bowl.     

I think that will settle everything.     It's called Check Mate!

You're spitting in the wind of the ENTIRE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

You're literally saying you're smarter than all 32 teams.

When you post nonsense like this,  complete falsehoods,  then don't be surprised if you don't like what you get coming back at you.....

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is how fantastically screwed up you are....      seriously.

Who was the MVP of the Denver SB winner?      Von Miller.      NOT Peyton Manning.

The Broncos won because of Von Miller.     NOT Peyton Manning.     Miller carried Peyton's offense.

Holy Cow!     You just demonstrated how far out of touch with reality you are on this.....

Yeah you are right like always. Have a wonderful night.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah you are right like always.

I'm not right like always.

Just in this discussion.     And you made it easy,  not me.

This one is on you,  not me.

Don't cut a fart in a crowded elevator and blame other people when they complain that it stinks.    Because that's what you're doing here.

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

This is not 1983 when Dickerson was drafted.

It's not 1994 when Faulk was drafted.

It's 2018 and the NFL has changed.

Yes, a great RB can still make a difference.    But the last 5-10 years have demonstrated that you don't need to draft a RB high to find a great one to help your team.    

I'm not saying anything negative about Barkley.     He'll be great for some team.     I just hope it's another team and not the Colts.    If the Colts were only a great RB away from being great --- THEN I'd jump on him.

But the Colts are so far away from being a very good team that there are too many other pieces that we need much more than a great RB.

That's my story,  and I'm sticking to it.

What defensive ends and Olbs won teams super bowls last 10 yrs?

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Scroll down a few posts.      Look for the post about Denver winning the Super Bowl.     

I think that will settle everything.     It's called Check Mate!

You're spitting in the wind of the ENTIRE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE.

You're literally saying you're smarter than all 32 teams.

When you post nonsense like this,  complete falsehoods,  then don't be surprised if you don't like what you get coming back at you.....

Huh???

4 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

What defensive ends and Olbs won teams super bowls last 10 yrs?

One.    Von Miller for Denver two years ago.

And when was the last time a RB was the SB MVP?     Terrell Davis, also for Denver,  20 years ago.

Mostly it's been quarterbacks.

So,  what's your point?

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm not right like always.

Just in this discussion.     And you made it easy,  not me.

This one is on you,  not me.

Don't cut a fart in a crowded elevator and blame other people when they complain that it stinks.    Because that's what you're doing here.

Dude you missed my point completely and are now blowing this out of proportion. Yes Von Miller was the MVP in SB 50 but since the Broncos have been lethargic on Offense the last 2 years not even he is making a difference. What the hell can you not comprehend what my point is? Not sure what your problem is by calling me screwed up and acting like your God in here but that doesn't fly with me.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Come on.....

The poster I was responding to was downplaying the importance of pass rush and playing up the importance of a RB.

I simply said that 32 NFL teams disagree with him.

Was it really that hard to figure out?

I am not down playing crap, no more than people down playing RB's being important. I am using examples where having great Pass Rushers doesn't mean you automatically win games.

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Come on.....

The poster I was responding to was downplaying the importance of pass rush and playing up the importance of a RB.

I simply said that 32 NFL teams disagree with him.

Was it really that hard to figure out?

Depends on pass rush vs running game. ..usually pass rush is more dangerous with a lead. .You got to be able to score comfortably to really win

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Depends on pass rush vs running game. ..usually pass rush is more danerous with a lead. .You got to be able to score comfortably 

Jeez If I thought this thread would've turned into this, I would've just stayed away from it. This has been utterly ridiculous lmao . It's Great to have solid Pass Rushers obviously, that is not what I was even debating. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dude you missed my point completely and are now blowing this out of proportion. Yes Von Miller was the MVP in SB 50 but since the Broncos have been lethargic on Offense the last 2 years not even he is making a difference. What the hell can you not comprehend what my point is? Not sure what your problem is by calling me screwed up and acting like your God in here but that doesn't fly with me.

You even stated earlier in this thread that you've made this point before and no one ageed with you.    Or don't you remember that?      Let's not pretend this is a problem with me.     I'm just the latest to disagree with you.

And if I don't know what your point is,  perhaps you don't know what your point is either.     You certainly can't seem to make it clearly.  

The fact that the Chargers haven't made the playoffs is NOT on Joey Bosa.    It's on the rest of the team.

The fact that the Broncos haven't made the playoffs without Peyton Manning is NOT on Von Miller.     It's on the rest of the team.

Deliberately or not,  you've twisted those up to make it the fault of a top pass rusher to prove some ridiculous point.

The NFL values pass rush over a running game.    Perhaps 9 times out of 10, a team will draft a pass rush high before drafting a RB high.     Not sure why you're not understanding that,   but you don't seem to.