Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What if (Draft scenario)

What if, The Browns Take Barkley with the 1st overall, and due to the situation in NY the Giants don't want to further alienate Eli by drafting a QB with the #2 pick, and they select Bradley Chubb.......who do the Colts take and why?

Do we go safety for the 2nd year in a row?

Do we grab an O-Line prospect? (I hope not)

Do we reach at ILB, or some other position?

The old Browns would do just what you suggested. I think the new GM will finally refuse to take the stupid pill or whatever was being ingested in prior drafts and choose a QB with the first pick. That team is desperate for a QB; they have their choice of whichever one they want; and they will take that guy with the first pick. No Barkley for them unless he lasts to pick #4 ( which he could ). I still think the Colts get a decent trade offer and take it; they will pick in the top 10 and get a top second round pick as well. Not a bad scenario. 

1 hour ago, crunked said:

What if, The Browns Take Barkley with the 1st overall, and due to the situation in NY the Giants don't want to further alienate Eli by drafting a QB with the #2 pick, and they select Bradley Chubb.......who do the Colts take and why?

Do we go safety for the 2nd year in a row?

Do we grab an O-Line prospect? (I hope not)

Do we reach at ILB, or some other position?

Yeah this is a no-brainer. :) 

We would auction the pick to the highest bidder, and kiss our championship rings later. :D 

The thing is we can come up with a hundred different scenarios but the draft is a long way off. There will be players who move up and move down the GMs boards after the combine is done.

More than likely the GMs and their scouting staff will look for things and find out about things we don't know at this time.

We see the obvious but the GMs and scouts look for different things than we see or know.