Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Aaron Rodgers placed on IR, AGAIN

chad72

Sounds to me then that they forced him into the game, and clearly when he wasn't healthy, decided they were screwed, and are writing off the season now as a bust, especially knowing even if they win out all their games they have to hope other teams will lose.

51 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Sounds to me then that they forced him into the game, and clearly when he wasn't healthy, decided they were screwed, and are writing off the season now as a bust, especially knowing even if they win out all their games they have to hope other teams will lose.

There is no way on earth the Packers forced Aaron Rodgers to play.

I'm sure he wanted to play..but on those two underthrown interceptions, he doesn't have his usual arm strength.

Rodgers not playing is a major boost to the Lions playoff hopes

57 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

They did not force him to play.  Grab a clue.

He wanted to play and they needed him to play.  When he got medical clearance there was nothing for him to do but play.

They only put him back on IR when they were eliminated from the playoffs.  If they were still alive he would be playing again this week.

35 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

They did not force him to play.  Grab a clue.

He wanted to play and they needed him to play.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Yea, that's what I meant. They needed him to play because that game's outcome was so critical to their playoff chances. Both Rodgers and the Packers top brass knew this and I'm sure everyone came to a mutual agreement.

I'm saying the Packers forced Rodger's into a decision -- either you play through your injury and give us a chance, or don't play and we probably fail the season. Of course I have no way of knowing if they said this, but the writing's on the walls. Rodgers is the guy who wants to go out fighting, so at least now he can say he gave it his best. Injury or not, he probably gave the Packers their best chance at winning.

12 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

If the Packers forced Rodgers to play then I don't ever want to hear Favre get ripped again for hurting the team by playing hurt.

Has anyone ever implied that? Even a hurt Favre or Rodgers (say 80%) is likely better than whatever alternative the team had. The only complaints I ever seen about Favre was his retiring/unretiring stuff....you have to take the bad with the good....because the good of both qbs was so incredible!

Here is a good question.....so why didn't we shut down Andrew Luck last year when we were in the same boat and he was clearly hurting. Kinda leads one to wonder how much people were looking to save their jobs as opposed to doing what was best for the team and player.

16 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

They got eliminated by Atlanta winning Monday night. Also I agree he didn't look ready to return.

On 12/19/2017 at 4:25 PM, chad72 said:

OMG, he's done for. He'll never play again.  They should trade him to the Browns for both their 1st round picks.........................................................................:peek:

:sarcasm:

On 12/19/2017 at 9:37 PM, ReMeDy said:

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Yea, that's what I meant. They needed him to play because that game's outcome was so critical to their playoff chances. Both Rodgers and the Packers top brass knew this and I'm sure everyone came to a mutual agreement.

I'm saying the Packers forced Rodger's into a decision -- either you play through your injury and give us a chance, or don't play and we probably fail the season. Of course I have no way of knowing if they said this, but the writing's on the walls. Rodgers is the guy who wants to go out fighting, so at least now he can say he gave it his best. Injury or not, he probably gave the Packers their best chance at winning.

It sounded to me like Rodgers wanted to get back out there.  But his collar bone is still not 100% so there is no sense risking him now that they are out of contention for the playoffs.

But he isn't any more hurt today then he was before he played on Sunday.  Only difference is today there is nothing left to play for.  

19 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Favre critics swore he only cared about his streak when he played hurt from 2007 - 2010. It kind of got louder or quieter as he played better or worse (conveniently) but it definitely happened. 

They shouldn't have even played him he looked like he wasn't nearly ready to go out there and people were saying his collarbone wasn't fully healed yet so why do they risk further injury.

6 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

As for Rodgers, I watched the game. I think he kinda just got his tail kicked. That's not unheard of with him against slightly above average defenses. He didn't look hurt, or look confused, or look funny or whatever the excuse is at the moment. He looked fine. He just got spanked.

You could tell he missed Adams after the concussion. Dom Capers, he has done the Packers no favors, he has worn out his welcome, he needs to go. After a point in time, Rodgers cannot do too much without enough defensive support, IMO, and I think that will wear on him over the next few years if the Packers do not get more stout on D.