Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Marvin Lewis leaving Cincinatti after this season

RockThatBlue

I don't have Marvin Lewis in the league of good coaches low on wins like Jim Mora or Marty Schottenhiemer or anything because he's a not as good of a coach (notice I still can't say "bad") but the Bengals are dead meat. The owners and exects just flat out don't care about winning. That was made so obvious when Palmer showed his butt on the way out the door and I can't believe that isn't talked about more. No coach worth a dang is going to want that job, and no coach who takes the job is going to do anything more than Lewis.

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Add him to the coaching pool for next year....question is he higher up the list then Jeff Fisher? I’m hoping Irsay stays out of this one and let’s Ballard find our guy....because if we end up with one of those two I’d rather stick with Chuck.

If we hire him I will quit watching the Colts, might as well stick with Chuck.

Cincinnati is a unique place. I lived there for 15 years. There is an overwhelming sense of fatalism in that town. As in, no matter what we do things will always turn out bad. It permeates the culture up to and including the football team. Marvin Lewis was able to survive there for so long because of that very sense of fatalism. “Why force change? We can’t possibly do any better.”

6 hours ago, csmopar said:

All I know is, there's a lot of teams going to have new head coaches. Question is, how much harder does that make the search IF Pagano is let go?

If there are certain traits that a head coach has, you go after him hard. A trendy name does not mean guaranteed results.

19 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I don't have Marvin Lewis in the league of good coaches low on wins like Jim Mora or Marty Schottenhiemer or anything because he's a not as good of a coach (notice I still can't say "bad") but the Bengals are dead meat. The owners and exects just flat out don't care about winning. That was made so obvious when Palmer showed his butt on the way out the door and I can't believe that isn't talked about more. No coach worth a dang is going to want that job, and no coach who takes the job is going to do anything more than Lewis.

I can't see how coaches would be repelled from the Cincy job.   It's pretty clear the ownership will allow the coaches the time they need to build the program.   It's not like it's a Browns situation where they are firing people left and right.    The roster has plenty of talent.   That job I think will be attractive.

Mike Brown is the reason. Him not firing coaches is because well enough works for him as long as he's making money. Go look up some of the stuff Carson Palmer said when he was mad towards the end of his run. There was even some story about him not being able to get new hand towels because Brown had a towel budget or something.