Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So What If There Was No Luck Or Rg

Warhorse

I'll play... I would-

Still be for Manning to totally re-do the current contract to massively reduce the cap hit issues.

Still hope he could recover enough to play at elite level, and payed based upon that level achieved

But...

now I'd probably be in favor of trading the top pic for more pieces and hope to snag one of those other quartebacks available at some point and that he pans out with some development. That's how far above the rest I feel Luck and RGIII are.

As it is, I vote for picking Luck, and the same thing for Peyton as I listed above.

If neither Luck or RG3 were in the upcoming draft, I don't see teams trading multiple picks for the #1 pick. I think only franchise QBs will command any kind of ransom, no ones going to do it for a DT or a RB anymore, teams will see more value in keeping the picks.

Warhorse...your question suggests what I have been dumbfounded by the past 3 months. How/why did so many withdraw their support of Peyton Manning leading the Colts?

After the playoff loss to the Jets, what was it about Peyton's on-field performance that caused such a mass exodus of supporters? I don't recall hearing "time to shop for another QB, Peyton's finished" when the 2010 season ended. So what makes a person so quick to discard their former hero after his first missed game in 14 years...concern for his health & well-being?

I don't believe any of the arguments in favor of driving Peyton out of Indy would exist...if Andrew Luck & RG3 did not exist. We would all be looking down the draft list for the best QB prospect or FA to groom, hoping & praying for every morsel of positive news about Peyton's recovery.

So it's my contention that Peyton only became expendable when his "guaranteed NFL-ready star" replacement announced for the draft.

Luck and RG3 don't make Peyton expendable but the injury+age+Luck/RG3 does make it easier to move on if Peyton's condition doesn't improve. Its the combo of circumstances. No one would dismiss a healthy Peyton just because Luck is available.

Luck and RG3 don't make Peyton expendable but the injury+age+Luck/RG3 does make it easier to move on if Peyton's condition doesn't improve. Its the combo of circumstances. No one would dismiss a healthy Peyton just because Luck is available.

It sure seems like a lot of folks have dismissed Peyton...regardless if he's healthy.

It sure seems like a lot of folks have dismissed Peyton...regardless if he's healthy.

Its the uncertainty of his health and age. Lets say the surgeries were never needed but for whatever reason the Colts had a bad enough record to get the #1 pick, everyone would be screaming for a ransom of picks in a draft trade. Fans would be so excited to surrounded Manning with young talent.

Its the injury dude, everyone still loves Manning but circumstances are making people think of the future.

Manning = Hope

Luck = Hype

And that is exactly what I was talking about. Did you find the fountain of youth to keep PM behind center forever? Because if not you're gonna need to realize that Manning is going to be replaced at some point. I realize you're not a fan of Luck but I didn't know you could see the future and know that Luck won't be anything more than hype.