Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You just can't play scared.

Rally5

I don't have the stats in front of me so feel free to correct me where I'm wrong, I watch at a SB with no sound so maybe this was covered.  Of all of our red zone touches did we ever attack the end zone?  Was the Doyle TD inside the 20?  Otherwise, we basically settled for field goals all day in the Red Zone in the hopes it would be enough....it never is.  Why on earth are we throwing a two-yard out route on 3 and 8 from the 10?  On more than one occasion today in the red zone instead of attacking the end zone we settled for field goals with no attempts to the end zone.  Then on the fourth and four with the game in the balance, we throw an long developing corner route after throwing short all day.  I just think a hallmark of this Pagano era is playing offensive "not to lose" as if we have a defense that can carry the day.  I can't wait for this to be over.  I thought we outplayed Cincy all day but played scared in the red zone.  

PS. since I don't have sound, did Cincy get that red flag thown in on time, seemed like no to me....

Yes, Cinci threw the flag in time.  I don't think we could have gotten the play off even if we tried.  It was a good challenge.

I don't know why Brissett won't even look at Moncrief.  He used to be the endzone threat.  He continues to go to Aiken who blew (at least one) a drive with a drop.  Rogers needs to get back in the rotation.

15 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Yes, Cinci threw the flag in time.  I don't think we could have gotten the play off even if we tried.  It was a good challenge.

I don't know why Brissett won't even look at Moncrief.  He used to be the endzone threat.  He continues to go to Aiken who blew (at least one) a drive with a drop.  Rogers needs to get back in the rotation.

There's a lot of good stat guys on the board, I think Moncrief had zero targets and Aiken had at least two drops.  It should also be noted Mingo played a great game!  I'd love to see that effort every week.  Anyway, back to the topic, it doesn't matter who you put out there if you don't design/call anything for them, we play called today as if field goals were good enough.  I sat next to a Cincy fan and told him throughout, converting turnovers to field goals would haunt us...

4 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

There's a lot of good stat guys on the board, I think Moncrief had zero targets and Aiken had at least two drops.  It should also be noted Mingo played a great game!  I'd love to see that effort every week.  Anyway, back to the topic, it doesn't matter who you put out there if you don't design/call anything for them, we play called today as if field goals were good enough.  I sat next to a Cincy fan and told him throughout, converting turnovers to field goals would haunt us...

Basham got a sack

52 minutes ago, Rally5 said:

I don't have the stats in front of me so feel free to correct me where I'm wrong, I watch at a SB with no sound so maybe this was covered.  Of all of our red zone touches did we ever attack the end zone?  Was the Doyle TD inside the 20?  Otherwise, we basically settled for field goals all day in the Red Zone in the hopes it would be enough....it never is.  Why on earth are we throwing a two-yard out route on 3 and 8 from the 10?  On more than one occasion today in the red zone instead of attacking the end zone we settled for field goals with no attempts to the end zone.  Then on the fourth and four with the game in the balance, we throw an long developing corner route after throwing short all day.  I just think a hallmark of this Pagano era is playing offensive "not to lose" as if we have a defense that can carry the day.  I can't wait for this to be over.  I thought we outplayed Cincy all day but played scared in the red zone.  

PS. since I don't have sound, did Cincy get that red flag thown in on time, seemed like no to me....

Over 10 seconds left before half, Colts ball on like the 8 yard line going in, with a timeout remaining and guess what we do???  

We let the clock lock run down to 3 seconds call the timeout and settle for the field goal...  Don’t get much more scared than that does it???  I’m hard pressed to think of 1 team in the league that wouldn’t take at least 1 shot at a touchdown there...

I give you another example of blowing it...we had a set where Mack was in the backfield and we went empty in the gun and got the exact man on match up we wanted.  The linebacker split out on Mack at which point I cheered on the inside thinking we'd go right to a wheel route as it was man coverage.  That should be a big play by any measure.  Instead, he runs a short in route which plays right to the slower defender and instead of a big play it's an incomplete pass.  The entire reason you split Mack out is to get that matchup, we got it and ran a two-yard route, I mean dag gone.....

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

Over 10 seconds left before half, Colts ball on like the 8 yard line going in, with a timeout remaining and guess what we do???  

We let the clock lock run down to 3 seconds call the timeout and settle for the field goal...  Don’t get much more scared than that does it???  I’m hard pressed to think of 1 team in the league that wouldn’t take at least 1 shot at a touchdown there...

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!  I forgot about tthat, RIGHT!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

cut aiken, bostic, sheard. and clark, all are below average

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• You need to watch Levis.   I mentioned Wilson because the way he played in college would make YOU want him. He did not run. He was accurate and threw deep passes. He looked and played like the players you seem to like.
    • Granson and the TEs as a whole have been disappointing so far this season.
    • Jeanty does have some appeal and on the smaller size of a typical NFL RB mold but for comparison Kennth Walker III is only 5'9" 211 pounds and is a top RB in the NFL.  For me gave him a small knock down due to size and 4 career fumbles somewhat troubling.  Especially if he has more this year.
    • Technically Darius Leonard was an All Pro…
    • Running Backs: (typical RB build for the NFL with low fumbles and some pass catching ability and blocking skills) RB Jonah Coleman (Washington) - 1 career fumble RB Tahj Brooks (Texas Tech) - In 2023 led the nation with 96 forced missed tackles and R4 in both YAC (998) and rushing yards (1547). Only has 3 career fumbles RB Treveyon Henderson (OSU) - 4 times as fastest player in 2023, clocked at 21.6 mph in Week 12. Does have an injury history.  Only 2 career fumbles in 35 career games.  2023 led all Big Ten backs with a 73.6 receiving grade. RB Kyle Monangai (Rutgers) - no fumbles in 40 games and sparingly used in passing. RB DJ Giddens (KSU) - 2 career fumbles in 31 games and caught 45 passes in 3 years. RB Dylan Sampson (Tenn) - R2 in the SEC in rushing yards after 4 weeks with 449 and leads the SEC in TDs with 10.  1 career fumble. Only a junior if he declares but have him around top 5 RB currently this year. Tight Ends: (shocking disappointment for many TEs this year and a shorter draftable list) TE Harold Fannin Jr. (Bowling Green) TE Colston Loveland (Michigan) TE Tyler Warren (PSU) TE Jalin Conyers (Texas Tech) - excels in run-blocking TE Terrance Ferguson (Oregon) TE Brant Kuithe (Utah) - tweener 6'2" 236-pounds Defensive Lineman: (size matters and Colts prefer 6'3"+ and speed.  Missing wingspans NT Rene Konga (Louisville) -6’4” 290 pounds Edge Umanmielen (Ole’ Miss) 6’4” 255 pounds Edge Jack Sawyer (OSU) 6’4” 265 pounds NT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss) – 6’4” 290 pounds DT Tyleik Williams (OSU) 6’3” 327 pounds DT Vernon Broughton (Texas) 6’4” 305-pounds  DT T.J. Sanders (South Carolina) 6’4” 290 pounds DT Rayshaun Benny (Michigan) 6’4” 296 Edge Tyler Batty (BYU) 6’5” 275 pounds NT Alfred (Texas) – great height 6’5” 320 pounds. Good 4.95s-forty speed (would R5 best at 2024 Combine) with great shuttle time 4.35s (been #1 at 2024 Combine) and a 32” vertical (2024 Combine 3-way tie for 3rd best).  Not a great tackler and can struggle against the run. Edge Nic Scourton (Texas A&M) 6’4” 285 pounds DT Mason Graham (Michigan) 6’3” 320-pounds. Bruce Feldman’s Freaks list. Clocked a 4.69 in the 20-yard shuttle (would T5 in 2024 Combine). Edge Elijah Roberts (SMU) – 6’4” 278 pounds.  After 4 games has 13 TOT, 1, sack, 2 FF, and 1 FR. Edge Jah Joyner (Minnesota) – 6’5” 265 pounds. This year Joyner has been solid against the run with an 84.0 run-defense grade (R3 in Big10). DT Joey Slackman (Florida) 6’4” 300 pounds NT Jordan Van Den Berg (Georgia Tech) 6’3” 305-pound. Junior if he declares but grading out within Top 10 DL with Walter Nolan and Jack Sawyer. Edge Shemar Stewart (Texas A&M) 6’6” 290-pound.  Junior if he declares but ranks Top 15 DL. DT Joshua Farmer (Florida State) 6’3” 318-pound. Junior if he declares.  Got him around Top 20 DL.  Linebackers: (size to an extent but mainly speed for the Colts preferences - more may make the list once 40-times listed) WLB Eric Gentry (USC) 6’6” 4.56s-forty MLB Marlowe Wax (Syracuse) 6’1” 236 pounds 4.62s WLB Smael Mondon Jr (Georgia) 6’3” 235-pounds 4.46s WLB Eugene Asante (Auburn) - 6’1” 219-pounds 4.54s.  Younger brother of Larry Asante played at Nebraska drafted by the Browns in R5 2010. Made Bruce Feldman’s Freaks List #33.  Clocked a 4.48s-forty max velocity of more than 22 mph. At 4.48s would have been 3rd fastest for all LBs in 2024 Combine. MLB Cam Riley (Florida St) – 6’5” 237 pounds 4.6s WLB Deontae Lawson (Alabama) 6’2” 239 pounds 4.6s MLB Greg Penn III (LSU) 6’2” 234 pounds 4.64s LB Lander Barton (Utah) – 6’4” 236 pounds 4.55s MLB Jailin Walker (Indiana) 6’1” 218 pounds 4.5s.  Made Bruce Feldman’s freaks list for 2024.  Been clocked at 22.5 mph on the GPS with a 40” vertical jump. MLB Jacob Dobbs (James Madison) 6’0” 233-pounds 4.59s.  Made Bruce Feldman’s freaks list for 2024 at #30.  Ran a laser-timed 3.98 shuttle (#1 at 2024 Combine Steele Chambers ran 4.23S) and 4.59s-forty (good for 8th best at 2024 Combine).  This offseason Dobbs at 236 pounds clocked a 1.53s 10-yard split, the best at the NFL combine for LBs in 2023 was 1.54 (Edgerrin Cooper R2P45, Tyrice Knight R4P119, and Jordan Magee R5P139). WLB Wesley Bissainthe Miami (FL) 6’1” 205 pounds.  Junior if he declares and what his 40-yard dash time is.  Have him listed as my 4th best LB for the Colts. Defensive Backs: (all about size and speed but these are this year's standouts) RCB Jermari Harris (Iowa) 6’1” 189-pounds 4.52s FS/STAR Jahdae Barron (Texas) – 5’11” 4.45s RCB Shavon Revel (East Carolina) 6’3” 193 pounds 4.4s.  Made Bruce Feldman’s Freaks List #35. LCB/WR Travis Hunter (Colorado) 6’1” 185-pound 4.4s.  Hit 21.2 mph at least once in the 2023 season, and had more than 100 plays where he reached at least 15 mph.  His 6.9 yards per second closing speed was the second-fastest time on record for nearly 8,400 DBs.  FS J.J. Roberts (Marhsall) 5’11” 184-pounds SS Nick Emmanwori (S. Carolina) 6’3” 227-pounds 4.38s LCB Will Johnson (Michigan) 6’2” 202-pounds 4.44s FS Xavier Watts (ND) 6’0” 203-pounds 4.49s SS Lathan Ransom (OSU) 6’1” 210-pounds 4.53s RCB Jason Marshall Jr. (Florida) 6’1″ 198-pound 4.5s LCB Tommi Hill (Nebraska) 6’0” 205-pounds 4.55s NCB Jordan Hancock (OSU) 6’1” 4.45s NEW RCB Ethan Robinson (MINN) 6’0” 190-pounds. Week 5 against #12 Michigan had 2 tackles and an INT earning a 77.6 defensive grade and a team-best 79.1 coverage grade.  Pending his 40-speed. RCB Azareye’h Thomas (Florida St) 6’2” 198-pounds.  Pending his 40-speed. FS Robert Spears-Jennings (Oklahoma) 6’1” 219-pound.  Junior if he declares but have him among the Top 5 DBs this season.  Yahoo article has Spears-Jennings as the top playmaker for the Sooners after 3 weeks with an 86.1 PFF grade on 147 snaps and highest graded player in coverage.  Week 5 against Auburn had 6 TOT and 1 sack on 49 snaps and had the best grade in secondary with 74.0. Pending his 40-speed. LCB Jonquis “JQ” Hardaway (Kentucky) – 6’3” 191-pounds.  Is one of the top 10 CBs in the SEC along with Maxwell Hairston. (76.1 overall season grade – Hairston has a 72.9 grade). Junior if he declares and outproduces teammate Hairston and pending his 40-speed.  Among Top 15-20 DBs this season.  
  • Members

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,946

• Moosejawcolt

Moosejawcolt 5,381

• Dunk

Dunk 1,470

• NFLfan

NFLfan 18,044

Moderators
    • csmopar

csmopar 16,689