Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Five Weeks in a Row - Ahead in the 3rd Quarter

Smonroe

3 hours ago, Smonroe said:

Do their Defenses figure out our Offense? 

I know we've gone Prevent way too soon in a couple games, but I'm trying to figure out why our Offense dies in the second half of games?  Their Defenses adjust and our Offense doesn't come up with anything new?

Help me understand how we could be so efficient in the first of the game last night and totally inept the second half. 

short answer.....

Pagano and Crew suck as coaches and should have been left in Tennessee without a flight home last night

2 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

I also think it's Brissett's inexperience too.....reading defenses, adjusting plays, decisiveness  etc....teams don't tee off on Luck like they did with Brissett last night. But yes the play calling didn't help. But honestly who knows what was called. Maybe they had a perfect play dialed up and Brissett just didn't execute. He held on to the ball a long time too.

I agree with all but "teams don't tee off on luck" they truly did especially up the middle they would pay sometimes but slot of the time they'd stop him from being able to step up in the pocket 

56 minutes ago, #12. said:

I'm not sure what Brissett did wrong in the second half.  You had poor field position, constant pressure/terrible protection, the Doyle fumble, and possibly the biggest factor - poor coaching.  They adjust; we don't.

It's pretty simple.  This is a bad team with bad coaching.  This team is not good enough to win with a QB who has been here for a little over a month and who is making his 6th start in the league.  Only Luck or Manning could win with this team.  

I agree with the bad coaching part but that's it.  This team was good enough to enter the 4th quarter in 4 of the last 5 games with a lead.  They led the Seahawks going into halftime and into the 3rd quarter.  That doesn't happen with both bad coaching and a bad team.  I think this team has more talent than they're showing, but the 2nd half coaching is killing them.  

43 minutes ago, J@son said:

I agree with the bad coaching part but that's it.  This team was good enough to enter the 4th quarter in 4 of the last 5 games with a lead.  They led the Seahawks going into halftime and into the 3rd quarter.  That doesn't happen with both bad coaching and a bad team.  I think this team has more talent than they're showing, but the 2nd half coaching is killing them.  

Couldn't agree more.  It's really frustrating to see them play such a complete half or 3 quarters then just collapse.  A lot blame the defense but there not all to blame.  The offense stalls which causes the defense to be on the field more.  It's very frustrating.  There is still time to fix it but time is running out.  It's not like the Colts are out of the division race(there a game back with a lot of football still to play), but these kind of loses don't help.  It's like the exact opposite of previous years, previous years, Luck and the offense got off to bad starts and finished strong.  I wish they could put two halves together.  I am going to the game Sunday, it would be a huge if they could do that and pull out a divisional win.  I am with you though, 2nd half coaching is killing them.

42 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

Couldn't agree more.  It's really frustrating to see them play such a complete half or 3 quarters then just collapse.  A lot blame the defense but there not all to blame.  The offense stalls which causes the defense to be on the field more.  It's very frustrating.  There is still time to fix it but time is running out.  It's not like the Colts are out of the division race(there a game back with a lot of football still to play), but these kind of loses don't help.  It's like the exact opposite of previous years, previous years, Luck and the offense got off to bad starts and finished strong.  I wish they could put two halves together.  I am going to the game Sunday, it would be a huge if they could do that and pull out a divisional win.  I am with you though, 2nd half coaching is killing them.

I think it's more on the O failures in the second half than the D collapsing.  I understand than you don't make adjustments when things are working, like they did in the first half. 

But you DO make adjustments when those things you were doing stop working.  I know that's simplistic, but it sure looks like the D coordinators for the last five teams we played totally skunked Chud.  Some of that is on the players not executing, but he has to be ready with alternative game plans.

By now, it's more than a coincidence, it's a pattern.  And it has to stop!

59 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I think it's more on the O failures in the second half than the D collapsing.  I understand than you don't make adjustments when things are working, like they did in the first half. 

But you DO make adjustments when those things you were doing stop working.  I know that's simplistic, but it sure looks like the D coordinators for the last five teams we played totally skunked Chud.  Some of that is on the players not executing, but he has to be ready with alternative game plans.

I agree and you are right it has to stop and they have to figure it out fast! 

1 hour ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I agree and you are right it has to stop and they have to figure it out fast! 

I know it's easy for me to say it.   But failure to learn from mistakes and falling into the same pattern five weeks in a row?  I'm not sure I'd put up with this much longer if I were the owner.

I'm not one of those emotional 'fire everyone now!' types.  I really don't want to start all over with different coaches and schemes because it would be another set back in my mind.  But it may be time to bite the bullet.

In a way, I'm reminded of the Falcons a couple years ago.  Quinn had a franchise QB and some explosive O players.  He stabilized the line and D with FAs and won (well should have won) the SB in two years.  It can be done, right?

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

It's really frustrating because you can see the type of team we have when it's clicking.

14 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Playcalling for starters. Coupled with veterans making mistakes. This is a team that should be rallying around Jacoby. They come out in the second half with no heart.

JB needs to get the team to rally behind HIM. From what i can see nobody right now on the team DEMANDS andything of anybody even LUCK dont.  I see GORE try somewhat but he is so " soft spoken" from what i have seen. TY tries a lil bit but he is only hit and miss. 

To meet, I see no fight in the coaching staff, they get a lead and want to settle with the lead with the hopes that the defense will save them,,,,I would like to see more aggressiveness with the play calling...having Brissett running on a 4th and inches with Gore and Mack on the sideline was just brainless.. It seems like the coaching staff don't want to win a game...Each game, they should be trying to put up 100 points a game..Everytime we get a lead, they don't want to put up anymore points.  it like they are being nice to the other team...Tom Brady said it best, when I'm  up by 31, its like I'm down by 31 and I have to catch up, that is what make a great team and a great quaterback...