Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Haeg

Revala

7 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Does coach Philbin merely criticize and correct mistakes?  Does he try to teach everything you shouldn't do and not what you should do?  Does he not explain the reasoning behind proper techniques?  Does he not wait for the players to "get it"?  Does he not spend time and repetition for it to become second nature?

Good question. All I keep hearing from coaches is "we have some mistakes to correct", and that is problematic. There is a concept in quality assurance (Crosby Zero Defects) that basically states `it is better to do things right the first time, than to spend the additional energy, time and money to correct faults and mistakes'. Of course, that means someone has to know what is "right the first time", and that seems suspect.

This is a larger issue than is targeted at any one coach. It generally points to a coaching approach to football.

14 hours ago, CoachLite said:

Good question. All I keep hearing from coaches is "we have some mistakes to correct", and that is problematic. There is a concept in quality assurance (Crosby Zero Defects) that basically states `it is better to do things right the first time, than to spend the additional energy, time and money to correct faults and mistakes'. Of course, that means someone has to know what is "right the first time", and that seems suspect.

This is a larger issue than is targeted at any one coach. It generally points to a coaching approach to football.

Wow, you are really applying coach speak to the media as their coaching philosophy?

On 9/20/2017 at 11:05 AM, Coffeedrinker said:

Well my take is going to be a bit different than most because Haeg played below average.  His got no push nor position in run blocking and his pass blocking was sub par.  If the defender lined up on him he was okay but if he went outside Haeg really struggled to get out there.

People talk about AC, AC played several times better than Haeg and, in the 2nd half, he did it on an island because they slid the help over to Haeg's side, even if the play was going to the left.

I could see a real possibility of Bond moving to guard.  His quickness of the snap and technical ability he will win most battles.  If he gets bull rushed he'll struggle but Kelly can help him with that..  I think Vuj has done an adequate job, better than I was expecting, but there is definitely room for an upgrade.

Bond reminds me of Aaron Donald in that he would be a little undersized for a guard, but could best the guy in front of him due to superior technique in terms of quickness, strength, angle usage, and leverage.  Hoping he continues to develop.

On 9/20/2017 at 12:28 PM, Xander said:

This Castanzo hate is too much. The Giants have Ereck Flowers at LT. Let's be thankful we atleast have a decent\average LT. 

haha

Well according to Flowers, besides those three plays he played alright..........  Ohhhhh, silly players these days.  

It's good to know that playing ok nowadays for a LT means allowing three sacks.  No big deal, just a bit of dust in the wind!!!  I would be livid if AC said something like that.  

Just now, dudeski said:

nonsense 

people crying about him is the only more frequent occurence

It's not nonsense at all.    He had some good snaps in that game as well after the film came out.   But don't sit here and act like eyebrows haven't been raised at Costanzo over the last 2 years including last Sunday.

On 9/20/2017 at 11:44 AM, COLTS449 said:

Haeg played pretty well with a couple exceptions, and IMO he's part of the future OL when all the dust finally settles by NEXT season. This year when Kelly's back I'd see how Clark is looking, and if not so well then I'd roll with Castanzo - Mewhort - Kelly - Bond - Haeg. But I think Haeg can be a big time G. I think we may have our answer in the middle with Mewhort - Kelly - Haeg. But next year with 90 million in cap room, and I don't wanna pick OL in RD1 btw. Maybe another G in RD2.  We really need to bring in a boss LT and move Castanzo to RT where he belongs. He'd actually be alright there with 4 beasts around him. Maybe sign Soldier for a couple years until we build our D up and draft the LT of the future. But Haeg can keep a starting spot at G or RT if he keeps improving and playing well.

Solder is terrible

On 9/21/2017 at 10:17 AM, KelownaColtsFan said:

I'm beginning to question the idea of moving Mewhort away from LG. He and Castonzo had good chemistry on the left side, coaches split them up and both players seem to be under achieving.

mewhort just isn't that good.  he is an ok player.  leaving him at lg is a waste if he is as good as people say he is.  

13 minutes ago, krunk said:

It's not nonsense at all.    He had some good snaps in that game as well after the film came out.   But don't sit here and act like eyebrows haven't been raised at Costanzo over the last 2 years including last Sunday.

after the film came out?  

they played the game sunday.  you can watch it in real time. you don't need "film" lol.  

fans arent exactly my go to when i want to know who is playing well.  most fans don't know who is on the field most of the time