Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Waive RB Matt Jones

TKnight24

1 hour ago, KB said:

A swing and a miss. He turned the stone on Jones and apperently didnt like what he saw. There are going to be quiet a few players that seem like a waste but as long as they are truely going to put the best 53 man roster together (even though they have to tweak around injuries) that is what has to happen.

I would always rather look and say no thanks than not look and miss out.

I agree to a point, but this and the Dorsett trade are real head scratchers to me.

1 hour ago, superrep1967 said:

Well. you have 53 but you can only dress 45. 

Yeah, that's my point.  The original reason to limit game day roster size was to equalize competitiveness.  They were afraid teams would just ad specialty players to the roster, i.e., a guy who only blocks kicks, etc.

Well, that ship has sailed, the NFL has a ton of specialty players who go in depending on down and yards.

But the reason the NFLPA AND the owners should fight it is because you may have injured players in the game while a healthy scratch is sitting.  The owners are paying these guys, I'm sure they want them to play.  

Anyway, that's my rant, which has nothing to do with this thread.  I'll move on now....

26 minutes ago, jchandler7 said:

Will Redman have to stay on the active roster for 3 weeks now or could we put him back on the ps after the game? Redman is absolutely horrible but I understand they needed a body,  just hope they don't have to leave him there any longer than possible. 

I think we can put him back whenever. If im not mistaken the 3 week rule only applies when you sign a player off another teams PS. 

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Yeah, that's my point.  The original reason to limit game day roster size was to equalize competitiveness.  They were afraid teams would just ad specialty players to the roster, i.e., a guy who only blocks kicks, etc.

Well, that ship has sailed, the NFL has a ton of specialty players who go in depending on down and yards.

But the reason the NFLPA AND the owners should fight it is because you may have injured players in the game while a healthy scratch is sitting.  The owners are paying these guys, I'm sure they want them to play.  

Anyway, that's my rant, which has nothing to do with this thread.  I'll move on now....

I agree!!! Were in trouble if Constazo gets hurt in the game. 

7 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

I think we can put him back whenever. If im not mistaken the 3 week rule only applies when you sign a player off another teams PS. 

I believe he'd have to be waived and clear waivers before he could be offered a spot on the PS

10 hours ago, Blueblood23 said:

I agree to a point, but this and the Dorsett trade are real head scratchers to me.

Not if you're thinking long term.

Right now, Chester Rogers showed a lot more promise than Dorsett.

Brissett may very well end up being our backup for the future and someone who can win us a few games.

21 hours ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

we need all the guys we can get on the o-line, jones must not have impressed, i like how ballard moves on from players, he dosent keep them just because he picked them

Basically the complete opposite of our old GM. He even let Spence go after giving him a $750,000 signing bonus.