Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Smart move... Being under the radar

AustexColt

The Colts always do better when they come under the radar. Remember Manning's 2nd year where we turnaround from 3-13 to 13-3! No one was looking and we just charged away. We missed the opportunity when we played the Titans in our first playoff game. This time will be different because Luck is emotionally balanced whereas Manning felt all was on his shoulder, and freaked out. We will also have a balanced defense. and not old veterans, like Cornelius Bennett. We will have more mature WR/RB than back in those days. Last but not least is that we will have a better coach :  Pagano vs Mora ...... Playoff!!! Playoff!!!

25 minutes ago, AustexColt said:

The Colts always do better when they come under the radar. Remember Manning's 2nd year where we turnaround from 3-13 to 13-3! No one was looking and we just charged away. We missed the opportunity when we played the Titans in our first playoff game. This time will be different because Luck is emotionally balanced whereas Manning felt all was on his shoulder, and freaked out. We will also have a balanced defense. and not old veterans, like Cornelius Bennett. We will have more mature WR/RB than back in those days. Last but not least is that we will have a better coach :  Pagano vs Mora ...... Playoff!!! Playoff!!!

So to support this theory that the Colts "always" do better when flying under the radar you cite essentially the one year in the Manning era when this may have been the case?  What about all those other years when they were rolling off 12 wins a year?

Further, where do you get the idea that Luck is more "emotionally balanced" than 18 was?  Just curious how you know this.  I mean when Luck was playing catch with the Pats secondary in his two playoff losses to them, was he still balanced then?

You know what really grinds my gears?... When the Pats say they're also flying under the radar. You can tell they joke about it because Brady's face is smiling so wide during interviews, he looks like the Grinch.

Just now, jskinnz said:

So to support this theory that the Colts "always" do better when flying under the radar you cite essentially the one year in the Manning era when this may have been the case?  What about all those other years when they were rolling off 12 wins a year?

Further, where do you get the idea that Luck is more "emotionally balanced" than 18 was?  Just curious how you know this.  I mean when Luck was playing catch with the Pats secondary in his two playoff losses to them, was he still balanced then?

well if we were "rolling off 12 wins a year" we weren't really under the radar then. when we went 3-13 though we were. But I don't know if Andrew is more emotionally balanced than peyton but that doesn't mean much considering he doesn't have to be if our defense and oline is able to pick it up then luck can just focus on playing his game and not controlling everything. Nobody can control everything the way Peyton did but that's why he was the goat.

20 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

You know what really grinds my gears?... When the Pats say they're also flying under the radar. You can tell they joke about it because Brady's face is smiling so wide during interviews, he looks like the Grinch.

USA Today predicted them to go 16-0, I'm not sure "under the radar" can be applied to them right now haha.