Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Nfc>Afc And It's Been This Way For A While

Jules

2007: Giants win SB

2009: Saints win SB

2010: Packers win SB

2011: Giants win SB

And it was a real battle for the 2008 Steelers just to escape the upstart Cardinals.

I have been saying for a few years the NFC was getting stronger. The AFC might begin to have some new blood emerge in it soon?

The Pats/Steelers/Colts have all suffered SB losses in recent years and it's become clear to me that the NFC is giving their winner the tougher road to get to the SB.

Just because an NFC team won the Super Bowl, doesn't mean the NFC was the better conference. Up until recently, you haven't had many consistent winners in the NFC whereas in the AFC, you have teams that have had lots of continued success such as Indy, New England, Pittsburgh, and to a lesser extent, Baltimore

Just because an NFC team won the Super Bowl, doesn't mean the NFC was the better conference. Up until recently, you haven't had many consistent winners in the NFC whereas in the AFC, you have teams that have had lots of continued success such as Indy, New England, Pittsburgh, and to a lesser extent, Baltimore

The tide is changing. A SB title is more important then all the past reps of some of the AFC teams.

There are a lot of good QBs in the NFC now too that make it even more competitive.

The AFC, I felt this past year....was dreadful.

The NFC seems more competitive to me.

The tide is changing. A SB title is more important then all the past reps of some of the AFC teams.

There are a lot of good QBs in the NFC now too that make it even more competitive.

The AFC, I felt this past year....was dreadful.

The NFC seems more competitive to me.

I agree, the NFC is better now. But I wouldn't say it has been this way for a while

The tide is changing.

The tide has been changing for the past few years. The NFC has been steadily getting better, and the AFC has been falling back down to earth. I think the NFC is the better conference right now, but I don't think it is as lopsided as it was during the previous run of AFC dominance and the run of NFC dominance before that. The two conferences are pretty balanced right now, but the scale tips toward the NFC. The Super Bowl is actually the big game of the playoffs again, and not just a formality after the conference championships.

It is all about QBs.

Once Manning is not playing in the AFC, the elite tag applies only to Brady in the AFC. Big Ben, Rivers and Matt Schaub are good, and Flacco is nothing special.

NFC - Brees, Rodgers, Eli are the elite kinds. Matt Ryan, Tony Romo and Michael Vick are good, IMO. Lot more young good QBs in the mix with Cam Newton etc.

More elite and good QBs in the NFC, which is why the pendulum is swinging the NFC way but not by a huge margin though.

I noticed this as well. In the past three years the three teams that have dominated the AFC have all fallen in the SB. The record is 25-21 in favor for the NFC/NFL over the AFC/AFL. The NFC has always been the tougher conference and always seems to have it's final Playoff team having to fight to get in. The AFC seems to have a few dominate teams that are always on top of the conference.

I see the NFC winning it again next year. The only AFC team I could see right now sneaking in to win it all is the Steelers. Mostly because they did it the last time the Pats lost to the G men in the SB. They were too banged up this year and had the SB loser jinx.

It is another pattern that could be worth watching even though Pitts has the AFC West jinx despite playing the NFC East.

The Texans could be another interesting team who could contend. What scares me is how hyped up they may be. A sexy pick. Ugh.

7 of the top 10 Defenses were in the AFC.

7 of the top 10 Offenses were in the NFC.

The combined record of AFC playoff teams are: 64-32 .66%

The combined record of NFC playoff teams are: 70-26 .73%

In the playoffs the AFC scored a total of 241 points.

in the playoffs the NFC scored a total of 282 points.

5 out of the top 10 in the draft are from the AFC.

5 out of the top 10 in the draft are from the NFC.

Since 2001, 4 different AFC teams have been to the Super Bowl. 3 have been there multiple times.

Since 2001, 10 different NFC teams have been to the Super Bowl. 1 has been there multiple times.

Since 2001, the AFC has won 7 of the 11 Super Bowls.

7 of the top 10 Defenses were in the AFC.

7 of the top 10 Offenses were in the NFC.

The combined record of AFC playoff teams are: 64-32 .66%

The combined record of NFC playoff teams are: 70-26 .73%

In the playoffs the AFC scored a total of 241 points.

in the playoffs the NFC scored a total of 282 points.

5 out of the top 10 in the draft are from the AFC.

5 out of the top 10 in the draft are from the NFC.

Since 2001, 4 different AFC teams have been to the Super Bowl. 3 have been there multiple times.

Since 2001, 10 different NFC teams have been to the Super Bowl. 1 has been there multiple times.

Since 2001, the AFC has won 7 of the 11 Super Bowls.

All that matters to me is that 4 of the last 5 SB winners are from the NFC.

Touche', but 7 of the past 11 have gone to the AFC.

Correction, make that 6 out of 11. That changes the picture. 5 out of the first 6, 1 out of the last 5. End of AFC dominance. Period.

2001 - Pats, 2002 - Bucs, 2003 - Pats, 2004 - Pats, 2005 - Steelers, 2006 - Colts, 2007 - Giants, 2008 - Steelers, 2009 - Saints, 2010 - Packers, 2011 - Giants

Correction, make that 6 out of 11. That changes the picture. 5 out of the first 6, 1 out of the last 5. End of AFC dominance. Period.

2001 - Pats, 2002 - Bucs, 2003 - Pats, 2004 - Pats, 2005 - Steelers, 2006 - Colts, 2007 - Giants, 2008 - Steelers, 2009 - Saints, 2010 - Packers, 2011 - Giants

Oh yeah I must have counted wrong.

The AFC really doesn't have a dominant team like the Packers or Saints. Even throw the Giants and 49ers in there.

I'd say the Ravens and Pats come close but if I had to choose the Pack or Saints against any AFC team, I'd take either of them every single time.