Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Suprising to hear them rip Harden with Paul on the bench and out against the NBA champs

I thought he did all he could

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep that is all she wrote, Warriors do it again! Warriors now will be HEAVY favorites to beat the Cavs, that is fact.

Hard to get excited about it

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

In all honesty the rockets got lucky with game 4 and 5.. this is the first close game for a Warriors win

Once CP3 was ruled out, I knew there was no way Houston was winning this game. I thought the Warriors would win anyway to be honest. I was 50/50 on these Game 7's. I rolled with Boston and got rolled LOL. I should've known better to bet against LeBron going against a young team in Boston. I nailed the Warriors pick though. Regarding the Finals I will say 4-1 Warriors, LeBron doesn't get swept.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Once CP3 was ruled out, I knew there was no way Houston was winning this game. I thought the Warriors would win anyway to be honest. I was 50/50 on these Game 7's. I rolled with Boston and got rolled LOL. I should've known better to bet against LeBron going against a young team in Boston. I nailed the Warriors pick though. Regarding the Finals I will say 4-1 Warriors, LeBron doesn't get swept.

..and from a neutral standpoint.....Chris Paul wasnt going to be able to play Thursday and maybe not Sunday, too.

GSW was the better team at the end.....they should have advanced

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

..and from a neutral standpoint.....Chris Paul wasnt going to be able to play Thursday and maybe not Sunday, too.

GSW was the better team at the end

Houston was very fortunate to win Games 4 and 5, how they won Game 4 was unreal. They made it interesting no doubt.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets say the Warriors beat the Cavs 5 or 6 or what ever it is, do you think LeBron stays in Cleveland? No way they beat the Warriors.

Yes, I do...….LeBron isn't going to Houston because he doesn't fit..

They already have 2 lead guards....(and like you say....if you want a title, why go west?) .and Simmons would have to play off the ball if LBJ went to Philadelphia

You dont sign LeBron and then take him off the ball.

In Cleveland, he has some up-and comers in Nance and Clarkson..who will be much better once they get a training camp in with the Cavs. Cleveland also has the 8th pick in the draft to get a backup point guard to give LBJ some rest..and add scoring

Love and Thompson are still in Cleveland..Green and Korver, too.

And LeBron surely will talk to Paul George about signing one of those one year option contracts like he has so he can be a free agent every year...

The only place LBJ might go is to Miami....

He knows the coach and GM....He knows the city and his family does, too.

Dwyane Wade is still there...and Miami doesnt really have a lead guard..Dragic can back up LBJ or play with him.

any of that make sense?

Edited by oldunclemark

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They already have 2 lead guards....(and like you say....if you want a title, why go west?) .and Simmons would have to play off the ball if LBJ went to Philadelphia

In Cleveland, he has some up-and comers in Nance and Clarkson..who will be much better once they get a training camp in with the Cavs. Cleveland also has the 8th pick in the draft to get a backup guard to give LBJ some rest..and add scoirng

And LeBron surely will talk to Paul George about signing one of those one year option contracts like he has so he can be a free agent every year...

Dwyane Wade is still there...and Miami doesnt really have a lead guard..Dragic can back up LBJ or play with him.

any of that make sense?

Paul George to the Cavs, how interesting would that be? Dan Gilbert could care less about the Cap lmao 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Paul George to the Cavs, how interesting would that be? Dan Gilbert could care less about the Cap lmao 

That's the truth.. LeBron may not love Gilbert (the feeling is probably mutual) but he may not find another franchise where the owner will pay the price to win whatever the price is...

• Like 1

……..and LBJ's reaching the finals 8 years in a row.....drops down a couple of notches when you consider that Steph, Klay and Draymond have now reached the finals 4 years in a row and, if GSW wins this time, Steph, Klay, Draymond and LeBron would have the same number of titles, right??

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

……..and LBJ's reaching the finals 8 years in a row.....drops down a couple of notches when you consider that Steph, Klay and Draymond have now reached the finals 4 years in a row and, if GSW wins this time, Steph, Klay, Draymond and LeBron would have the same number of titles, right??

Very true. I am glad this Warriors team was assembled actually. I am not really a fan of them but without them, the LeBron GOAT talk would even be more magnified. LeBron would probably have 5 or 6 Championships if not for them. When I woke up this morning around 10, I put it on First Take and first thing I heard was - Now is LeBron the GOAT over Michael Jordan after beating Boston? I mean give it a rest ESPN? He beat a young Boston team without their best player! This is why I don't give it a rest because it's hilarious how much everyone talks about LeBron. It's like him and MJ are the only 2 players that have ever existed and been Great. Go Warriors is my take.

-You cant avoid hearing that talk either unless you just stay off the Internet and don't watch ESPN at all. I love sports to much to do that. So I am forced to hear that crap.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lets say the Warriors beat the Cavs in 5 or 6 or what ever it is, do you think LeBron stays in Cleveland? No way they beat the Warriors.

I think the Warriors win in 4 or 5 and I think LeBron is all but gone unless another all star agrees to come to the Cavs.  I think he's Houston, 76ers or Lakers bound.  If he goes to the Lakers, he isn't seeing the finals for a while.  I think if he goes there, he's preparing for his career after Basketball.  I'll say 35% Cavs, 50% Lakers, 10% Houston and 5% 76ers.  He's going to make sure he's got a few other stars to play with, that's for sure.  8 straight finals is amazing, no matter how you look at it.  This is the weakest team he's been on, but I hate the fact that he makes it to the Finals and he's all of a sudden the GOAT.  I mean he beat a solid Pacers team with Oladipo(took 7), beat the Chokers(The Raptors) and beat a Boston team in 7 games without their two best players.  Is it really that impressive?  He should have been the favorite imo.  Most vulnerable team he's had though, Pacers and Celtics both had chances for sure. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

In Cleveland, he has some up-and comers in Nance and Clarkson..who will be much better once they get a training camp in with the Cavs. Cleveland also has the 8th pick in the draft to get a backup point guard to give LBJ some rest..and add scoring

any of that make sense?

More likely to stay in Cleveland....Miami has the 3rd highest payroll in basketball....they can't afford him...they have no flexibility. Houston would have to do some crazy juggling to get Lebron....it would likely cost them too much of their roster to do it but I've seen some people get it to work...Capela, Lebron, Paul, and Harden....that's basically unstoppable honestly. 3 guys that can break down a defense...you'd have to give up the core of that team but it's the most likely of your scenarios. Also Paul is getting older and clearly his body is breaking down...he can't carry a team and log 40 minutes. They would look to take a big portion of the load off him. Philly has the money....and obviously the Lakers have the money. I think LA is the most likely if he goes anywhere. He may just stay in Cleveland and see if they move Love, Smith, and the 8th pick and land him some help. I'd say here are the odds...

Cleveland 50%

LA 25%

Houston 20%

Philly or some other team 5%

Just guessing though.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

More likely to stay in Cleveland....Miami has the 3rd highest payroll in basketball....they can't afford him...they have no flexibility. Houston would have to do some crazy juggling to get Lebron....it would likely cost them too much of their roster to do it but I've seen some people get it to work...Capela, Lebron, Paul, and Harden....that's basically unstoppable honestly. 3 guys that can break down a defense...you'd have to give up the core of that team but it's the most likely of your scenario. Philly has the money....and obviously the Lakers have the money. I think LA is the most likely if he goes anywhere. He may just stay in Cleveland and see if they move Love, Smith, and the 8th pick and land him some help. I'd say here are the odds...

Cleveland 50%

LA 25%

Houston 20%

Philly or some other team 5%

Just guessing though.

I think Lebron will stay in Cleveland but some of the other guys like Hill will have to go

Not looking forward to these finals...not going to lie. Maybe the young guys step up and help Lebron but I'm afraid this is a rerun I can do without. I would have like to seen some other story lines...especially the young Celtics go against GS....but oh well.

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I think Lebron will stay in Cleveland but some of the other guys like Hill will have to go

Who is going to take them? They are pretty well stuck with that roster because few teams are going to trade for Love, Hill, Smith and Thompson. They all have a couple years left and most are over paid. Include Clarkson in that list too. They may be able to package their draft pick in with a guy to move them for a piece but that team can't get much better. Lebron won't want a rookie playing with him...yet he would have to re-sign before the draft if he is going to get them to shop it. Bad thing is a couple of the younger promising guys like Hood and Green who actually have played decent are free agents and Cleveland likely can't afford to bring them back. Basically Cleveland is what it is...they won't change....which is why Lebron I would say is 50-50 to leave.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Who is going to take them? They are pretty well stuck with that roster because few teams are going to trade for Love, Hill, Smith and Thompson. They all have a couple years left and most are over paid. Include Clarkson in that list too. They may be able to package their draft pick in with a guy to move them for a piece but that team can't get much better. Lebron won't want a rookie playing with him...yet he would have to re-sign before the draft if he is going to get them to shop it. Bad thing is a couple of the younger promising guys like Hood and Green who actually have played decent are free agents and Cleveland likely can't afford to bring them back. Basically Cleveland is what it is...they won't change....which is why Lebron I would say is 50-50 to leave.

nothing is stopping them from getting paul george.  they dont care about the cap 

30 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

nothing is stopping them from getting paul george.  they dont care about the cap 

That's not how it works. They cannot sign Paul George unless he takes something around vet minimum. They are projected to be 38 million dollars over the cap.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They have to be under the cap unless PG takes a massive pay cut. This is not happening.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

Blue is right...you can't just sign anyone you want. You can go over the cap to keep your own players (but have to pay a luxury tax) but you can't sign outside players if your over the cap unless they are playing at vet min. or you have a trade exception etc (nothing close to the 30 million Paul George will get). The way teams get around it is they basically let their team go completely bare...then sign the stars....then they re-sign their own players putting them over the cap...then they sign vets on the cheap. Cavs can't do that...even if Lebron is gone they are still over the cap....so they can't sign Paul...then re-sign Lebron....doesn't work....they have a ton of money wrapped up in mediocre to less then mediocre talent...and I don't think teams are going to just voluntarily take them off their hands. Cavs can spend to re-sign Hood and Green...but they aren't getting new players.

As an example the Pacers after next year will only have Dipo, Sabonis, and Leaf under contract....opening up a ton of cap space to sign free agents...at least one max contract player. Then because they have bird rights etc they could re-sign Turner and any other players they have rights to in going over the cap....but they can't sign all those guys and then go over the cap to sign a new player. It's all about when and how you sign them. Cavs are locked up for the next two years...they would have to make trades and I don't think anyone wants to trade with them for any of those guys.

20 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

They have to be under the cap unless PG takes a massive pay cut. This is not happening.

Correct. Better shot joining PG in LA with Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and Hart...among some old vet free agent signings. Not enough to win it all but at least better than Cleveland...and can market LBJ in LA.

22 minutes ago, dgambill said:

they would have to make trades and I don't think anyone wants to trade with them for any of those guys.

they do have things they can trade though.    i can see them getting very creative with this

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

they do have things they can trade though.    i can see them getting very creative with this

Yes..the 8th pick...but those contracts are awful. Maybe they convince SA to do a sign and trade with Lebron for Leonard. They get one season out of Leonard and then tear it all down and rebuild....but they tried to trade Love last year...he is a walking DR. CLINIC at this point, nobody would touch Smith. Clarkson is not likely to draw interest...Hill might get some but he has been one of your decent players. Thompson is way way over priced. That pick might net you something...but not a difference maker. Probably better off keeping it and trying to rebuild after James leaves....if he leaves.

Just now, dgambill said:

Yes..the 8th pick...but those contracts are awful. Maybe they convince SA to do a sign and trade with Lebron for Leonard. They get one season out of Leonard and then tear it all down and rebuild....but they tried to trade Love last year...he is a walking DR. CLINIC at this point, nobody would touch Smith. Clarkson is not likely to draw interest...Hill might get some but he has been one of your decent players. Thompson is way way over priced. That pick might net you something...but not a difference maker. Probably better off keeping it and trying to rebuild after James leaves....if he leaves.

i could see them moving kevin love for a pick or something.  they have shopped him before.  then do the same with thompson.  that would open a lot space already, then use their picks to get someone to take on bad contracts

cavs have been super aggressive to keep lebron happy

Lebron's legacy is intact and solidified in Cleveland, ever since he won his championship with Cleveland. He might send smoke screens through his agent or the others to put pressure on management to give him more ammo on the roster, but I really have a hard time believing he will make the same mistake twice i.e. deserting Cleveland to go elsewhere.

I can see Cleveland shipping out Tristan Thompson or Kevin Love, based on whoever has a better NBA Finals, and clear some space to get either Derrick Favors from Utah or Avery Bradley that went in a trade from the Celtics to the Pistons to the Clippers. If I am a Cavaliers fan, I'd want one of Tristan Thompson or Kevin Love to boost their trade value in the NBA Finals.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Lebron's legacy is intact and solidified in Cleveland, ever since he won his championship with Cleveland. He might send smoke screens through his agent or the others to put pressure on management to give him more ammo on the roster, but I really have a hard time believing he will make the same mistake twice i.e. deserting Cleveland to go elsewhere.

I can see Cleveland shipping out Tristan Thompson or Kevin Love, based on whoever has a better NBA Finals, and clear some space to get either Derrick Favors from Utah or Avery Bradley that went in a trade from the Celtics to the Pistons to the Clippers. If I am a Cavaliers fan, I'd want one of Tristan Thompson or Kevin Love to boost their trade value in the NBA Finals.

I am starting to lean toward him staying in Cleveland as well. He got his Championship there so his legacy in Cleveland is solidified like you say. I agree, I have a feeling Dan Gilbert and their FO will make changes probably involving Kevin Love and perhaps Thompson as well if the Cavs lose in the Finals. I think this Finals will be better than most people think the more I think about it. Nobody is giving the Cavs a chance and they are a huge underdog. LeBron is playing out of his mind and I think there will be a couple of games where his Role Players step up big in the series. I see Warriors in 6 here, 4-2. Don't be shocked if the Cavs steal one of the 1st 2 games and they win 1 at home. At that point the series would be 2-2 but that is when the Cavs will run out of gas as the Warriors are just so much more talented.

4-2 Warriors in 6 is my pick. Curry will win Finals MVP, he's due for one.

So how do they get proper trade value for Kevin Love. He disappears at times. He is injury prone...and honestly past his prime on a big contract. Tristen Thompson can’t shoot...can’t score...on one of the worst contracts in the NBA. I’d be shocked if they have any trade value. They tried to move Love last off season...they couldn’t do it...maybe if they ship out the number 8 pick they could move him...but they aren’t getting a great player back. At this point you have to give up picks to get rid of those guys not get talent for them. Thing is..even if they clear that space of one they are still way over the cap. They are dead in the water.

56 minutes ago, dgambill said:

So how do they get proper trade value for Kevin Love. He disappears at times. He is injury prone...and honestly past his prime on a big contract. Tristen Thompson can’t shoot...can’t score...on one of the worst contracts in the NBA. I’d be shocked if they have any trade value. They tried to move Love last off season...they couldn’t do it...maybe if they ship out the number 8 pick they could move him...but they aren’t getting a great player back. At this point you have to give up picks to get rid of those guys not get talent for them. Thing is..even if they clear that space of one they are still way over the cap. They are dead in the water.

Good question. They could trade Love, Thompson, and JR + the 8th pick for just 1 Very Good player? Who that may be I have no Idea?  IMO Love is still a Good player, Thompson is a garbage Rebound type of guy - who some teams like, JR still has his moments from 3, and that 8th pick could turn into gold if a team see's it that way.

14 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Good question. They could trade Love, Thompson, and JR + the 8th pick for just 1 Very Good player? Who that may be I have no Idea?  IMO Love is still a Good player, Thompson is a garbage Rebound type of guy - who some teams like, JR still has his moments from 3, and that 8th pick could turn into gold if a team see's it that way.

You can’t trade all those guys because salary’s have to match....plus who would want to kill their team with those guys. The deal might be move Love plus number 8 pick to get a starter back...but that isn’t going to make you extremely better. At this point you have to pay teams with the number 8 pick to convince them to take on any of those guys bad contracts. They are going to be extremely handcuffed by these guys and their contracts.

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

the way i see it they wouldnt get great value for love, it would be more of a salary dump.  move him for a late pick, and use the 8 to get someone to take thompson maybe 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:17 PM, Bluefire4 said:

That's not how it works. They cannot sign Paul George unless he takes something around vet minimum. They are projected to be 38 million dollars over the cap.

Actually, the Cavs can trade for Paul George...….

Paul George for JR Smith and Tristan Thompson..Paul George for Kevin Love..a 3-way deal....Bogdonavic and Jefferson with a No.1 pick....to OKC...…..PG to the Cavs..Kevin Love to Indy 

Kevin Love is perfect for us...he averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds this year and he's just 29.

He averaged 16 and 10 in the finals last year against Golden State.

We would have two all-stars

Edited by oldunclemark

23 hours ago, dgambill said:

Proper trade value varies based on the situation...., dg...

If I tell you I'm leaving your team, you'll take what you can  get.

If PG's agent tells him he wants to go to Cleveland...…..OKC can trade him or watch him walk away

PG has a player option for next season...hes only a free agent of he wants to be

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, aaron11 said:

Paul George resigns with OKC for one year at $23 mil (he has a player option) but tells them he wont play for them.

He wants to go to the Cavs to play with LeBron

The Cavs offer is: The bad contracts of George Hill and Tristan Thompson.

Bad deal? I don't know. OKC doesnt have much choice. They take Thompson and Hill or they get nothing